World news thread

Frencho
Lieutenant

Re: World news thread

Postby Frencho » Sat 21 Oct 2017 16:08

Fade2Gray wrote:There's a significant difference in survivablity when you start talking about 15-20+ tons of weight difference. Also, my biggest fear isn't from ATGMs, which are what you are referencing (and with piss poor "evidence" to back up your claims for that matter). There's all sorts of ways of dealing with ATGMs nowadays, and you can safely add in more protection from them without causing massive weight gains.

I'm talking about Russian main gun rounds, which are a whole different matter. APS are not exactly developed enough to protect against sabots just yet even if the Germans are apparently having some success with it.

Piss poor evidence, aha.

2015 to 2016 In the Middle East we get for the first time we see Leopard 2A4s, Leclercs and T-90s alongside M1A2s, T-72s and Sabra tanks in action, you know how much of a rare occurrence that is?

Fade that's all there is, its a small sample size but that's what we got, I'll hit you up again if WW3 start and we get quantitative data.

Well I'm arguing with someone I've never seen link a source on these topics and tends to not go into specifics...

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Sat 21 Oct 2017 16:51

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
Mike wrote:But, but monkey model.

Well, they are monkey models of sorts, all export Abram's get their DU walling replaced with tungstain models.

Not exactly tin can Iraqi T-72M's, but still a pretty significant downgrade.

I know. The US doesn't export DU in any Abrams.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sun 22 Oct 2017 00:59

Frencho wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:There's a significant difference in survivablity when you start talking about 15-20+ tons of weight difference. Also, my biggest fear isn't from ATGMs, which are what you are referencing (and with piss poor "evidence" to back up your claims for that matter). There's all sorts of ways of dealing with ATGMs nowadays, and you can safely add in more protection from them without causing massive weight gains.

I'm talking about Russian main gun rounds, which are a whole different matter. APS are not exactly developed enough to protect against sabots just yet even if the Germans are apparently having some success with it.

Piss poor evidence, aha.

2015 to 2016 In the Middle East we get for the first time we see Leopard 2A4s, Leclercs and T-90s alongside M1A2s, T-72s and Sabra tanks in action, you know how much of a rare occurrence that is?

Fade that's all there is, its a small sample size but that's what we got, I'll hit you up again if WW3 start and we get quantitative data.

Well I'm arguing with someone I've never seen link a source on these topics and tends to not go into specifics...

Oh come now Frencho, don't be salty over being called out for pushing baseless information. You made a claim, you didn't have evidence for it, even tried to use a "shift the burden" fallacy on me, and I dismissed your claims that do not even get at what I was worried about. If you really want to be an EdgeLord about it and try to dance around it, well...

nice to see that Trumpets are not the only ones who push fake news. :mrgreen:
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

holoween
Warrant Officer

Postby holoween » Sun 22 Oct 2017 03:07

Frencho wrote:Fast Forward 2015, M1A2s, Leopard 2A4s, T-90s and Merkava IVs (2006 Lebanon) are literally getting blown up by Soviet era ATGMs. Many suffering catastrophic damage with ammunition cook offs, turret pops and all. Yet a Leclerc could take a frontal Kornet ATGM hit with no structural damage and was quickly repaired, driver was killed though.

so either the driver had his hatch open and got killed by the blast or the atgm actually penetrated and the rest of the crew got lucky.

also note that all the ammo cook offs have been due to hits from the side or rear to the ammo rack.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sun 22 Oct 2017 07:54

One of the Leo-2's got blown up from a frontal penetration, it hit the quick ammo storage in the turret.

holoween
Warrant Officer

Postby holoween » Sun 22 Oct 2017 14:18

which one?
the ones i can remember were hit in the side of the turret by atgm, one got hit by a mortar and one got taken out by a plane after being disabled.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Sun 22 Oct 2017 15:58

Attachments
FB_IMG_1508679994507.jpg
FB_IMG_1508679994507.jpg (60.6 KiB) Viewed 124 times
Courtesy of KattiValk

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Sun 22 Oct 2017 19:12

holoween wrote:which one?
the ones i can remember were hit in the side of the turret by atgm, one got hit by a mortar and one got taken out by a plane after being disabled.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-h0GqAwMQ4Q8/ ... AAF_6H.jpg
looking at this image reminds me of something along the lines that was said by some german steel fanboy: "is just scuttled, leoaprd 2 still bsest tank evr"

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sun 22 Oct 2017 19:14

Shrike wrote:https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-h0GqAwMQ4Q8/ ... AAF_6H.jpg
looking at this image reminds me of something along the lines that was said by some german steel fanboy: "is just scuttled, leoaprd 2 still bsest tank evr"

Looks like it was hit with a bomb.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Mon 23 Oct 2017 00:22

Shrike wrote:leoaprd 2 still bsest tank evr

But it is 8-)