Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 15 Oct 2018 18:43

Mike wrote:Anyone else going to purchase Red Dead Redemption 2?

Is it on PC?
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Tue 16 Oct 2018 04:50

Xeno426 wrote:
Mike wrote:Anyone else going to purchase Red Dead Redemption 2?

Is it on PC?

Not yet.
Courtesy of KattiValk

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Tue 20 Nov 2018 21:51

DCS World -50% off sale starts tomorrow.

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Tue 27 Nov 2018 03:31

varis wrote:DCS World -50% off sale starts tomorrow.

Ends in a bit under a week. Came back to DCS a bit over a month ago and boy the platform has changed a lot from the early days years back.

In many cases you get what you pay for the modules, but do some research before you buy them, there are varying levels of completion / future prospects. (Early Access is a bit of a telltale but ED and Heatblur are in very good credit with the player community and you can expect their products to move forward.)

Nowadays there are four large maps, four helicopters and numerous fixed wing aircraft. Few detailed redfor planes as of yet, but the JF-17 will help a bit when it eventually arrives, F-14A likewise.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 27 Nov 2018 06:00

varis wrote:Few detailed redfor planes as of yet

You can generally thank Russian anti-espionage laws for that. I'd dearly love to see a Su-24M, MiG-27K or Su-27SM module. Hell, even the Su-17M4 would provide a different mud-mover option than the Su-25.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Sat 22 Dec 2018 06:17

Xeno426 wrote:
varis wrote:Few detailed redfor planes as of yet

You can generally thank Russian anti-espionage laws for that. I'd dearly love to see a Su-24M, MiG-27K or Su-27SM module. Hell, even the Su-17M4 would provide a different mud-mover option than the Su-25.

Another end of year sale and I guess the next one would be April.

Would likewise be excited to see the Su-17, I'd guess the other mud movers are still off limits since modern Russia seems to still rely heavily on the 80's vintage Su-24 and so. Mi-24 is great news though, just feels it's still 1.5 years away or something like that.

Kind of interesting story with Combined Arms. Remember the hype well from 6.5 years back, didn't live to the expectations and near abandoned by ED. Just now they released a new CA campaign and the community manager is asking for feedback. On the roadmap are a few things like a (BMS like? :o ) dynamic campaign, a dedicated MP server that seems to be just around the corner and so on.

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Sat 29 Dec 2018 02:15

I'd recommend buying it straight from Eagle Dynamics is probably the best way. Before the sale I saw they raised the base prices a bit on steam, probably because of updates improving some modules. Steam doesn't get the most recent version but it is really easy to roll back updates on steam and than you have a stable version that does not update and should always work.

Still DCS is great. The F18 is missing a few things but it's still a solid module. I think what I'd like to see is a Hind or Apache module, along with maybe a Tornado and Mig 31 for that radar. Heard good things about mirage, but I think my favorite two that match is the Sabre and MiG15 quite a bit to spend just to get one great dogfight matchup.

RickyParrish
Private First-Class

Postby RickyParrish » Thu 7 Feb 2019 12:20

Thanks for the details, I will definitely gonna see that. Actually, I always look forward to having the latest series.

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Wed 20 Mar 2019 21:16

F-14, Mig-19 and the dedicated server were released. It always feels like they're still adding a few pieces to complete the puzzle, just you have to wait another couple of years. Mi-24 was first teased a decade ago and they are still quite tight lipped. As a simulator, it's definitely worthwhile... you want it to be more... you're going to lead a painful existence at some point, quite likely.

TBH I just tend to play Cities Skylines nowadays. Much more relaxed and we've come a long way since the days of Sim City. ARMA3 occasionally, it's great and I'm just waiting for some real inspiration or maybe the right people to play with.

Could have a spot free for SD2, actually :P

Return to “Off-Topic”