!IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ THIS!

QShadow
Second-Lieutenant

!IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ THIS!

Postby QShadow » Thu 25 Aug 2011 15:05

Hello dear gaming colleagues, may I have your attention for a short while.

RTL is a german television transmitter which has shown a very... VERY offensive report about games at the GAMESCOM in Köln and the world wide gaming community generally.

The video is subtitled in english. RTL is currently trying to delete every vid of their report on youtube, so if the link os broken, just tell it me and I will search for another one.

Please take your time and watch the video it is just 5mins long, and create your own oppinon about this report.
I' ll also try to find a french translation ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uw7CndvO6A

I am looking foward to your oppinions and comments. As far as it goes for me, this is a punch in the face of every gamer world wide not regarding nationalities and other borders.
Last edited by QShadow on Sun 4 Sep 2011 13:27, edited 1 time in total.

D-M

Re: !IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ THIS!

Postby D-M » Thu 25 Aug 2011 15:59

Wow... assholes.

Imperial Dane
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Imperial Dane » Thu 25 Aug 2011 17:57

Well that was.. Terrible in every conceivable way. And i'd rather hope someone gets punished for that in some way.

Romiros
That was soooo easy

Postby Romiros » Thu 25 Aug 2011 18:17

It's looks like Pravda's articles about punks and hippies. But it was in 1980th.

Selkares
Brigadier

Postby Selkares » Thu 25 Aug 2011 18:32

That is so narrow minded and stereotyped...

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Thu 25 Aug 2011 22:10

I can lough a lot about this clip :mrgreen: :lol:

Deagle
Corporal

Postby Deagle » Fri 26 Aug 2011 13:01

It's not the first time they do this, also I'm not good to speak about that our politicans say only that computer games causes those amok runs.

So, I decided to help them. Uploaded all 4 videos on my channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Deagle105?f ... fQShEADCVU

Especially I like the one from "Spieletipps" where they tell us to send them our stinky T-Shirts :D:D

Ugly
Corporal

Postby Ugly » Mon 29 Aug 2011 15:26

Deagle wrote:It's not the first time they do this, also I'm not good to speak about that our politicans say only that computer games causes those amok runs.

So, I decided to help them. Uploaded all 4 videos on my channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Deagle105?f ... fQShEADCVU

Especially I like the one from "Spieletipps" where they tell us to send them our stinky T-Shirts :D:D

What you need is a campaign. It will also help to pass the time while waiting for W:EE to be released. Forum wars etc can be fun but when it comes to forcing the real world to take notice thats something else altogether. I believe the presenter has been forced to take down her facebook page, does she have twitter?

Perhaps what a lot of the media don't seem to get (and probably a lot of game companies too) is that the average age of gamers is increasing all the time. I found this American site interesting:

http://www.theesa.com/facts/index.asp

What this means is that if you piss of gamers sufficiently, you'll be pissing off a LOT of people in well paid jobs in every industry on every continent. These people live and work in circles that the 'nerdy unwashed teenager' minority of gamers have never met or considered to be a part of the gaming community.

Word of mouth alone can be an effective weapon and once you get the message out of forum circles, blogs and webcams and into the broader community you may find voices in support of gaming that carry a lot more weight with TV executives.
"The Marseilles is not our national anthem! We of the cavalry are royalists! Vive le Roi!"

Oliver
Colonel

Postby Oliver » Mon 29 Aug 2011 20:04

RTL was getting TONS of complaining mails after that. Read at least a dozen of that on Facebook.

toxicnoodle64
Corporal

Postby toxicnoodle64 » Sat 3 Sep 2011 08:03

The video is off now what did it say?

Return to “Off-Topic”