War Thunder

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Re: War Thunder

Postby Admiral Piett » Wed 12 Nov 2014 07:36

Graphic wrote:High tier War Thunder sucks. Took out the high end German stuff I haven't really touched since beta and the experience wasn't pleasurable. Because at that stage every plane has doom cannons, no one has to aim or jockey for position, its just a clusterfucked spray flying everywhere. Add on that the bomber spam which makes every game last about 4 minutes, and it's all just pretty lame. Also I bought 300,000 lions worth of Ar 234 upgrades I didn't want because "auto-buy upgrades" decided to activate itself (well played, Gaijin).

Back to tier 3 Americans.

Yeah, I very rarely touch the upper tiers. Every once and a while I poke my head into a 6.3 BR game as Japan, but that doesn't happen often. My normal stomping grounds are a 5.0-5.3 BR.

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Wed 12 Nov 2014 07:56

IS-1 pros&cons

+ you do not always get killed with one shot.
+ reverse gear is amazing
+ dat 85

- sides are very vulnerable
- you do not turn, you drive straight to Berlin
- in your front armour you have nice big hatch
- no HEAT or APCR (and game already makes my say 'hello' to King Tigers)
- turret is suspiciously easy to penetrate

Summary: I would be probably better off with T-34/85. You have that comfort you don't need to worry whether you get penetrated or not because you simply know everyone with a slingshot can do that. And dat speed. But wait! I have to get T-34 anyway because I have to unlock 6 vehicles which is almost as many as in the whole third level. They could really drop that for tanks to 3.

panzersaurkrautwefer
Major-General

Postby panzersaurkrautwefer » Wed 12 Nov 2014 22:11

Anyone got good rumors on the US tanks release?

Additionally, I totally have a love-hate relationship with the Panzer IV. It's either very effective and it's little flippy turrets downrange all game, while almost as often it explodes like a bomb if spotted by literally anything. Panzer III never quite excels as much, but doesn't seem prone to evaporation events like the IV is.

Looking forward to my first dunklegelb or however you spell it tanks though, tired of grey.
Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?

Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Graphic » Wed 12 Nov 2014 22:14

No one knows for sure. Some say spring, some say before Christmas, some say they're imminent. All using their own made up logic. So who knows.
k

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Wed 12 Nov 2014 22:21

When ever the dev server is released, it will be a week or two after that.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

panzersaurkrautwefer
Major-General

Postby panzersaurkrautwefer » Thu 13 Nov 2014 02:07

That's a shame. For the Deutchland I'm really only interested in the late model Panzer IVs and the Tiger 1, Soviet tanks I might grind for T-34s, but my heart is in pure maligned Yankee Imperialist engineering.

Not to mention think I'm in for at least the Pershing as far as higher tiers.
Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?

Azaz3l
Brigadier

Postby Azaz3l » Thu 13 Nov 2014 18:21

Swingfire
Warrant Officer

Postby Swingfire » Thu 13 Nov 2014 18:43

I just got up to BR 4.3 in Soviets and all of a sudden I'm getting destroyed. It just seems like fights are this overlapping cycle of planes climbing and diving so that no matter when you choose to dive, someone is gonna catch you on the way up. Any tips?

Gronank
Colonel

Postby Gronank » Thu 13 Nov 2014 19:24

Have a team mate to kill the guy that tries to kill you (it is not going to happen unless you brought your own team mate).

It is why I prefer high altitude planes, you can always engage the highest enemy available and you don't have to dive before you're alone up high. Essentially, it is to rely on your team mates for opportunities for kills, not for survival.

Sevatar
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Sevatar » Thu 13 Nov 2014 19:28

Realistic Battles? Well climb from start, take your time, its never good to be the first. If you are above someone, BnZ and before climbing up roll to the left or right (Barrel Roll) and then climb in another direction up again. The most Soviet Fighters dont bleed the energy to fast if you do this, dont try that with ze Germans or US planes.
Soviet Planes are great dogfighters so you are not fixed on BnZ, especially not against German planes.
If someone is behind you while you are climbing and you have enough speed left rolling is also the fastest you can do. Otherwise dive down again for some lawnmowing, if the enemy comes down with you try to lure him into a chase so he will loose the speed/altitude advantage and then outturn and kill him.

Return to “Off-Topic”