Second-Lieutenant

Re: War Thunder

Postby Gorganhound » Sun 23 Nov 2014 09:13

Deoends on the plane

Sevatar
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Sevatar » Sun 23 Nov 2014 10:49

Get a Fw A1, A4 or D9 (A5s have a horrible BR, A8 has wrong stats) load up Anti Air belts, climb as fast as you can with WEP and laugh as you shred enemy planes with one pass.
Especially the Fws with their insane roll rate make it easy to follow enemy turns while you dive and make it hard for the enemy to hit you, barrel rolls FTW!

Its really only boom n zoom, i cant really into the 109s, they climb better as the Fws but overheat also faster.

The_Communist_Tsar
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby The_Communist_Tsar » Sun 23 Nov 2014 21:13

Bryan wrote:
The_Communist_Tsar wrote:My favorites in-game thus far.

Aircraft
-BF-109 G-10
-BF-109 K-4

-TA-152 H-1
-FW-190 A-5

Plese share with me your secrets to playing the Germans in WT, I really suck using the Bf109 and FW190. Especially with their rather sharp and touchy control surfaces.

"Side climbing" is the way to go in arcade battle (which is all I play). Add a lot of altitude and pick your targets carefully. Never dive into enemy blobs. I also find that all BF-109's handle great at around 390-400km/h. I use a lot of vertical maneuver's in my 109's which has resulted in some pretty epic fights against spitfires and even yak 9's (resulting in their deaths). The FW-190 is just a better 109. Climbs about the same, turns better with energy, has better armament and rolls infinitely better as well. The Luftwaffe's strength (in arcade) is it's ability to climb and it's insanely powerful MG 151 armed planes.

Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Graphic » Mon 24 Nov 2014 03:14

Bryan wrote:
Gorganhound wrote:Boom n zoom baby boom and zoom

The Americans do it better.

I don't know about that. They're both really good at boom and zooming when it comes to flight dynamics, but the Germans have cannons so they can get the kill in one pass more often.

The advantage of US planes are the .50 cals which feel like they have unlimited ammo and do very predictable damage (the massive ROF of 6-8 .50s protects them from the hit reg spirits, while cannons can one shot a B-17 or spark an entire magazine on a Dauntless depending on the planetary alignment), the under-tiering that comes from having only MGs (since Gaijin think burst mass and turn times are the only relevant factors), and the versatility that comes from the impressive ground attack load-outs most US fighters support (I don't even slot dedicated bombers anymore).
k

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Mon 24 Nov 2014 03:19

Thinking of trying the planes out.

Any good Japanese planes in the tech tree?

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Mon 24 Nov 2014 03:22

The US do have the best energy fighters.

Re. Japanese planes

Ki-84 is a blast... A6M are fun since you can just throw the plane around.. but it is what it is.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

fatfluffycat
Major

Postby fatfluffycat » Mon 24 Nov 2014 04:15

The_Communist_Tsar wrote:
"Side climbing" is the way to go in arcade battle (which is all I play)

Who climbs in arcade...?
How is possible? / Thread of the Year 2015

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Postby Admiral Piett » Mon 24 Nov 2014 05:08

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Thinking of trying the planes out.

Any good Japanese planes in the tech tree?

It really depends on what you define as "good." The Zero line are untouchable as turn fighters, but outside of AB they get mercilessly seal-clubbed. In AB, the game mode I play most, they are excellent even at a 5.0 BR. However, that is only the case if 1. You are very careful about what fights you pick and 2. the people you are playing against are stupid enough to turn with you. Thankfully it is AB so the majority of people will turn with you. Zeros are my favourite planes to fly in game and I do extremely well with them. I get anywhere between 4 to 12 kills a game, typically without dying (in AB). If you see me bust out a Zero it means that I have turned "try hard mode" on. :lol:

Now, a Japanese plane line that is objectively amazing? The Ki-84s, particularly the Ki-84 Ko which is a 5.7-6.0 BR plane in terms of performance, but it is currently sitting a full 1.0 BR lower. While it is true that the majority of the Japanese tree tends to get seal-clubbed, the Ki-84 Ko is Japan's vengeance. At a 4.7 BR in AB it out-climbs basically everything, dives decently, has good firepower (for Japan), can turn fight most things that can catch it (and not much can catch it) and can take quite a pounding. It is a great plane all around. The Ki-61s (outside the cannon version which flies like a brick), Ki-43s and the Ki-27 are great planes for their BRs as well.

For making money I have heard that the G8N (aka. Death Star) is an excellent bomber, but I haven't flown it that much myself. The B7A2 is the best troll plane in the game. A great dive, level AND torpedo bomber with two cannons and great all-around performance (along with bomber spawn in AB). I highly recommend it.

Return to “Off-Topic”