War Thunder

User avatar
Admiral Piett
Colonel
Posts: 2897
Joined: Sun 12 Feb 2012 22:04
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: War Thunder

Postby Admiral Piett » Thu 8 Jun 2017 19:35

Object199 wrote:So lately I started to like the aesthetics of prop ac more and more, have been more the late cold war/modern jet guy, also I remembered about the old joystick that is somewhere buried. I already have a Warthunder acc, tried GF when it was relatively new, and think about trying air RB out of boredom.


Is it even worth wasting time to find the joystick, keyboard/mouse just as fun or even better?

Competitive planes for a beginner? Especially interested in krauts, muricans and brexitards.

Feasible to start with RB instead of AB?

You grind ranks and not specific vehicles in opposition to Wargaming titles?

How long would you need to grind to get rank2 stuff?

WT has crews with skills?!


For RB and AB mouse aim is considerably better than a joystick.

Pretty much everyone has forgiving aircraft depending on BR. The Americans, British, and Germans are all viable. I would personally lean Americans at the moment as freedom .50s got a huge buff recently. They hit like a truck, and there are quite a few under-BR'd US aircraft. The only problem is American teams can end up with a lot of bombers at times, meaning you will be outnumbered in the fighter engagements.

Depends on your preference. They are two very different game types.

You do grind specific vehicles, but the research system works differently from Wargaming. You don't have to use the previous vehicle in the tree to grind the next one. It is more efficient IIRC, but you can use whatever you want to grind. Just make sure you use a vehicle within one tier of the one you are researching.

Tier 2 stuff? Not very long depending on how good you are. I find the grind painless until tier 3. Tier 4 is where the nightmare levels of grind begin.

Yep. You can upgrade your crew to "expert" or whatever it is called with silver lions. That gives you a baseline of "decent." The actual crew skill grind is pretty painless since you are only gaining small amounts of advantage for the most part.

Object199
Warrant Officer
Posts: 425
Joined: Thu 7 Aug 2014 21:12
Contact:

Re: War Thunder

Postby Object199 » Thu 8 Jun 2017 21:00

Admiral Piett wrote:For RB and AB mouse aim is considerably better than a joystick.

Pretty much everyone has forgiving aircraft depending on BR. The Americans, British, and Germans are all viable. I would personally lean Americans at the moment as freedom .50s got a huge buff recently. They hit like a truck, and there are quite a few under-BR'd US aircraft. The only problem is American teams can end up with a lot of bombers at times, meaning you will be outnumbered in the fighter engagements.

Depends on your preference. They are two very different game types.

You do grind specific vehicles, but the research system works differently from Wargaming. You don't have to use the previous vehicle in the tree to grind the next one. It is more efficient IIRC, but you can use whatever you want to grind. Just make sure you use a vehicle within one tier of the one you are researching.

Tier 2 stuff? Not very long depending on how good you are. I find the grind painless until tier 3. Tier 4 is where the nightmare levels of grind begin.

Yep. You can upgrade your crew to "expert" or whatever it is called with silver lions. That gives you a baseline of "decent." The actual crew skill grind is pretty painless since you are only gaining small amounts of advantage for the most part.


Fist of all, thanks a lot.

Those undertiered, BR I mean, fighters would be? US and kraut ones would be nice.
Image

User avatar
Admiral Piett
Colonel
Posts: 2897
Joined: Sun 12 Feb 2012 22:04
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: War Thunder

Postby Admiral Piett » Thu 8 Jun 2017 21:25

Object199 wrote:Fist of all, thanks a lot.

Those undertiered, BR I mean, fighters would be? US and kraut ones would be nice.


From memory, US 3.0ish BR is hilarious in AB. P-47s, corsairs, hellcats, and such. They all greatly outperform pretty much anything at that BR when used properly. As for RB, I can't think of them off the top of my head.

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12154
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: War Thunder

Postby Mike » Thu 8 Jun 2017 23:04

I use the P-47D-28 from 4.0 to 5.0 in AB for shits and gigs haha
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

User avatar
Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 13630
Joined: Mon 9 Jul 2012 02:46
Contact:

Re: War Thunder

Postby Killertomato » Fri 9 Jun 2017 20:42

Fiddy cals are the best thing in the universe at 3.0. The problem comes because you're stuck with them until like 7.7.

The P-80A is agony itself.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12154
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: War Thunder

Postby Mike » Sat 10 Jun 2017 00:45

Killertomato wrote:Fiddy cals are the best thing in the universe at 3.0. The problem comes because you're stuck with them until like 7.7.

The P-80A is agony itself.


You get cannons from time to time. Notabley
Bearcat. I like the P-63 King Cobra as well. When the 37mm hits, it's game over.
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

User avatar
Admiral Piett
Colonel
Posts: 2897
Joined: Sun 12 Feb 2012 22:04
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: War Thunder

Postby Admiral Piett » Sat 10 Jun 2017 17:18

Mike wrote:You get cannons from time to time. Notabley
Bearcat. I like the P-63 King Cobra as well. When the 37mm hits, it's game over.


That relatively new cannon Hellcat is pretty nasty.

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12154
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: War Thunder

Postby Mike » Sat 10 Jun 2017 19:50

Admiral Piett wrote:
Mike wrote:You get cannons from time to time. Notabley
Bearcat. I like the P-63 King Cobra as well. When the 37mm hits, it's game over.


That relatively new cannon Hellcat is pretty nasty.

Cannon Hellcat? Say whaattt?
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

User avatar
Admiral Piett
Colonel
Posts: 2897
Joined: Sun 12 Feb 2012 22:04
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: War Thunder

Postby Admiral Piett » Sun 11 Jun 2017 01:08

Mike wrote:Cannon Hellcat? Say whaattt?


Yeah, 5.something BR in AB. I don't have it unlocked myself, but it is pretty nasty. Four 20mm IIRC.

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12154
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: War Thunder

Postby Mike » Sun 11 Jun 2017 03:36

Admiral Piett wrote:
Mike wrote:Cannon Hellcat? Say whaattt?


Yeah, 5.something BR in AB. I don't have it unlocked myself, but it is pretty nasty. Four 20mm IIRC.


Sure that's not the Corsair?
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk

Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests