The French Army simulation breakthough in 2010

IR0NMIKE 6
Warrant Officer

The French Army simulation breakthough in 2010

Postby IR0NMIKE 6 » Fri 28 Dec 2012 00:46

French Army simulation facilities in Le Luc (EALAT army aviation training centre) and Canjuers (1st armoured regiment) completed a successful simulator network for the first time in 2010!

It connected two (Count them - TWO!) facilities. The exercise comprised a patrol of two Tiger helicopters and an armoured platoon of three Leclerc MBTs and three VBL light armoured vehicles. A Thales team of high-level experts coordinated the simultaneous operation of these sophisticated technologies (Two computers talking to each other in the same country!), which consisted of a grand total of lets see - 2+3+3= 8 Army vehicles! Can you believe it?!? That's more than 7! Of course there are air force planes, navy ships and other things in the military, but why invite them?

What's funny is that the French did not fight anyone in this first simulation and victory was declared after the movement of 8 vehicles. Of course, the French team won, since they were the only ones there. But - they are on track to do an actual war-game by the 22nd Century, (not against an enemy force though).

http://www.thalesgroup.com/Press_Releas ... _distance/

Last edited by IR0NMIKE 6 on Fri 28 Dec 2012 01:05, edited 1 time in total.

DelroyMonjo
Colonel

Re: The French Army simulation breakthough in 2010

Postby DelroyMonjo » Fri 28 Dec 2012 01:04

And not a single unit dropped their weapons! A success, I'd say!
Illegitimi non carborundum.

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 28 Dec 2012 01:15

So, I guess you took it personally when I posted about the 2002 event?

Guess what? it wasn't anti-american. It was anti-bullcrap like "This high tech is so good it wins war on its own". As we know in France, it's still possible to do the impossible with low means ;)
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

DelroyMonjo
Colonel

Postby DelroyMonjo » Fri 28 Dec 2012 01:41

Who is 'taking it personally', DeuZerre? It's a stereotypical joke. There are French army jokes, British navy jokes, Polish cavalry jokes, Russian "one joke covers everything' jokes and blond jokes. Get over it and shed your thin skin.
BTW, I didn't even read your post regarding this. Maybe if you give me the link I will read it and insult you personally if necessary. ;)
Illegitimi non carborundum.

chrisnz
Second-Lieutenant

Postby chrisnz » Fri 28 Dec 2012 02:40

the french retreat while the americans fund the enemies then stop the funds and come to save the day from the broke enemy.
"I ask her is it true and she sais like a horse shoe."

THEDAMNRUSSIANS
Warrant Officer

Postby THEDAMNRUSSIANS » Fri 28 Dec 2012 04:21

Deuzure(or however u spell it) I think you are the one taking it personally
you posted something completely one sided and obnoxious it is only fair that mike posts the same thing
All he really did was defend his country which is a fair thing to do

IR0NMIKE 6
Warrant Officer

Postby IR0NMIKE 6 » Fri 28 Dec 2012 05:18

DeuZerre wrote:So, I guess you took it personally when I posted about the 2002 event?

Guess what? it wasn't anti-american. It was anti-bullcrap like "This high tech is so good it wins war on its own". As we know in France, it's still possible to do the impossible with low means ;)

You resemble a 5-year old stomping up and down....more comically annoying than anything. But hey keep throwing those rocks in that glass house of yours! (We'll throw them back!)

Full response is here:
Page 3
http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=23853&p=128817#p128817

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Fri 28 Dec 2012 07:01

So it was a failure because of what?

I'd think a successful takeover without a single casualty is probably the biggest victory a country can achieve!

And a small simulation between two computers between one country is better than spending 250 million only to put in a "We win" button rather than trying to rectify your mistakes!

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Fri 28 Dec 2012 12:08

It was only a test of feasibility from Thales. I don't know why you are talking about "victory", the goal was not to show the true might of the French Army. :lol:

DelroyMonjo wrote:And not a single unit dropped their weapons! A success, I'd say!

When you know the price of these weapons, you don't want to drop them. :mrgreen:

nWODT_Niack
Captain

Postby nWODT_Niack » Fri 28 Dec 2012 13:06

@IRONMIKE 6 : initial capability test of a tactical training tool versus massive strategic exercise. Apples and oranges here.

Crotou wrote:When you know the price of these weapons, you don't want to drop them. :mrgreen:

*Characteristic sound of a rifle hitting the ground*
*Whole platoon turns around whispering "What dummy dropped his gun !?"*
Croche et Tient

Return to “Off-Topic”