Page 56 of 57

Re: Anyone here play tabletop Wargames?

Posted: Mon 4 Dec 2017 18:11
by [EUG]MadMat
Have a look at Peter Pig's "AK-47 Republic" series:
http://www.peterpig.co.uk/ak47.html

Eureka Miniatures also has a more modest range, but they usually focus on unsung armies:
http://eurekamin.com.au/index.php?cPath ... 20&sort=3a

Skytrex/Command Decision also has a post-WW2 range:
http://www.skytrex.com/5-command-decision-15mm-post-war

I usually mix both of them with BF's miniatures for more variations in all my armies. And most of my Indochina troops originate from them ... since they are the only one I know modeling them.
* PP are resin (is that the English word?), but they are very nice.
* Eureka, it depends more on the series: I've had good (mostly) and bad (few).
* Skytrex, I've only ordered there for my Italian colonial army, since they were the only one I knew doing them with the colonial hat ... and they are among the finest 15mm miniatures I've seen.

Re: Anyone here play tabletop Wargames?

Posted: Mon 4 Dec 2017 20:59
by Shrike
Was thinking about doing Africa campaign in 6mm for WW2.

Re: Anyone here play tabletop Wargames?

Posted: Mon 4 Dec 2017 21:03
by [EUG]MadMat
Shrike wrote:Was thinking about doing Africa campaign in 6mm for WW2.

Which rule are you planning to use for 6mm? Blitzkrieg Commander?
Your setting is interesting regarding the balance of force, the only issue I foresee at this scale is the terrain.

Re: Anyone here play tabletop Wargames?

Posted: Mon 4 Dec 2017 21:52
by Xeno426
Kinda wish 6mm was more popular. Then I could get terrain for BattleTech a lot cheaper.

Re: Anyone here play tabletop Wargames?

Posted: Tue 5 Dec 2017 04:55
by Shrike
[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Shrike wrote:Was thinking about doing Africa campaign in 6mm for WW2.

Which rule are you planning to use for 6mm? Blitzkrieg Commander?
Your setting is interesting regarding the balance of force, the only issue I foresee at this scale is the terrain.

Probably, I was thinking about Fist Full of Tows. Maybe Blitzkrieg Commander.

Re: Anyone here play tabletop Wargames?

Posted: Thu 7 Dec 2017 23:37
by Noway
[EUG]MadMat wrote:Have a look at Peter Pig's "AK-47 Republic" series:
http://www.peterpig.co.uk/ak47.html

Eureka Miniatures also has a more modest range, but they usually focus on unsung armies:
http://eurekamin.com.au/index.php?cPath ... 20&sort=3a

Skytrex/Command Decision also has a post-WW2 range:
http://www.skytrex.com/5-command-decision-15mm-post-war

I usually mix both of them with BF's miniatures for more variations in all my armies. And most of my Indochina troops originate from them ... since they are the only one I know modeling them.
* PP are resin (is that the English word?), but they are very nice.
* Eureka, it depends more on the series: I've had good (mostly) and bad (few).
* Skytrex, I've only ordered there for my Italian colonial army, since they were the only one I knew doing them with the colonial hat ... and they are among the finest 15mm miniatures I've seen.


Whoa, it's a quite a lot of miniatures to choose from. I see You are well oriented in thi stuff.

Re: Anyone here play tabletop Wargames?

Posted: Wed 10 Jan 2018 11:28
by [EUG]MadMat
Noway wrote:Whoa, it's a quite a lot of miniatures to choose from. I see You are well oriented in thi stuff.

You can say that ... I spend quite some time painting minis. :)

After my 6mm Cold War armies (Soviet VDV & US Armored Cavalry), 15mm WW2 (Italian colonial troops, Australian's 9th Division & Japanese) & Indochina (French & VM) armies, I'm now set on painting a 3mm (!) WW2 Soviet late army.

Image

Image

Re: Anyone here play tabletop Wargames?

Posted: Wed 10 Jan 2018 23:00
by Shrike
Tiny.

Re: Anyone here play tabletop Wargames?

Posted: Sat 10 Feb 2018 14:23
by Noway
IMG_20180210_131429c.jpg
IMG_20180210_131429c.jpg (108.76 KiB) Viewed 301 times
So I finished first part of my collection. I'm quite happy with the result.

Re: Anyone here play tabletop Wargames?

Posted: Sun 25 Feb 2018 17:03
by [EUG]MadMat
My 3mm Soviet Guards Tank Corps for Bagration 1944 is now (almost) complete:

Full corps (only missing a brigade HQ + divisional HQ):

Image

From top to bottom:
* 1st tank brigade
* 2nd tank brigade
* 3rd tank brigade
* motorized infantry brigade
* artillery assets: mortar regiment + 76,2mm field regiment + Katyusha)
* various independent battalions: engineers + SU-85 + SU-76 + armored recon
* independant companies or specialized assets (AA, bridging crew, ...)

The tank brigades:

Image
Image

Motorized brigade + artillery + independant battalions:

Image
Image
Image

Specialized units:

Image

I am now working on an infantry division, and planning to do a cavalry corps also.
With that, by recombination, I should be able to field almost anything. :)

Btw, is there a specialist in Soviet (late) WW2 TO&E here?
I'm looking for the exact organization of Valentine tank units in the Soviet army. I have often read that they were used by motorcycle (!) scout regiments, but the number I've found for some tank or mechanized corps doesn't match that. There are too many (up to 70 in some corps), so I guess some were replacing T-34 in regular tank regiments?