what to play when bored from ab ?

TankHunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: what to play when bored from ab ?

Postby TankHunter » Fri 5 Jul 2013 19:45

praslovan wrote:War thunder. It is free, it is fun and when you ram people mid air they go bananas which is extra fun.

I attempt to ram bombers, but sometimes I just explode and they don't take damage? It always works on fighters though, hilarious when a high level fighter goes head-on with me and doesn't pull up.
"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everybody else, and nobody was going to bomb them [. . .] They sowed the wind, and now, they are going to reap the whirlwind."

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 5 Jul 2013 20:11

Aim for the wings against bombers... :lol:

I tend to ahve rockets to down bombers.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Fri 5 Jul 2013 20:31

Rogue Legacy owns, and KICKIN-RAD soundtrack too!

EricTerminator
Major

Postby EricTerminator » Sat 6 Jul 2013 05:04

OpusTheFowl wrote:Shifu just got me into DOTA2...pretty darn good if you like that sort of thing...

You're toast ; some concepts in DotA 2 require good knowledge of calculus and probabilities to further optimize your item builds.

AND LET'S NOT FORGET ABOUT KING LEORIC, THE MANLIEST HERO IN DOTA THAT DOES NOT HAVE TESTICLES ; HE NOW HAS 2 ACTIVE SKILLS, SO HE'S TWICE HARDER TO PLAY !
BECAUSE HUNTING CHALLENGERS WITH MIG-31S WAS TOO EASY :

Coffee_Zombie
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Coffee_Zombie » Sat 6 Jul 2013 06:51

Nuclear Dawn.
X3 - Albion Prelude or Terran Conflict
Railroad Tycoon 3

and occasionally with my aquarium.

TankHunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby TankHunter » Sat 6 Jul 2013 07:45

I tend to play Ace Combat Zero(PS2, backwards compatible with PS3) now, having rekindled my love for the old Ace Combat games. The soundtracks of 4,5, Zero(prequel to 5, :lol: ) and 6 are arguably the best ever of any game. Zero and 6 are the best IMO. 6 has a chill-inducing track for the
boss dog-fight. I'll link it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVtaOq5deOo

And the track "El Diablo", from Zero is also great. Plays during "The Gauntlet" side mission, and during the final dogfight.
And on the Project ACES Facebook page, they released a new picture hinting at a new game set in the Ace Combat-verse(Strangereal), as the entire story of Ace Combat 4,5,Zero, and 6 are driven by the same meteor strike. Or an HD remake is in the works, which is just as great.
"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everybody else, and nobody was going to bomb them [. . .] They sowed the wind, and now, they are going to reap the whirlwind."

chema1994
Lieutenant General

Postby chema1994 » Sun 7 Jul 2013 00:56

War Thunder and World of Tanks are good options since are freemium
TankHunter wrote:I tend to play Ace Combat Zero(PS2, backwards compatible with PS3) now, having rekindled my love for the old Ace Combat games. The soundtracks of 4,5, Zero(prequel to 5, :lol: ) and 6 are arguably the best ever of any game. Zero and 6 are the best IMO. 6 has a chill-inducing track for the
boss dog-fight. I'll link it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVtaOq5deOo

And the track "El Diablo", from Zero is also great. Plays during "The Gauntlet" side mission, and during the final dogfight.
And on the Project ACES Facebook page, they released a new picture hinting at a new game set in the Ace Combat-verse(Strangereal), as the entire story of Ace Combat 4,5,Zero, and 6 are driven by the same meteor strike. Or an HD remake is in the works, which is just as great.

That's a good one, just forget Assault Horizon... but sadly my PS3 cannot play PS2 titles :(

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Sun 7 Jul 2013 01:13

War Thunder would be better if any airplane with a 37mm cannon didn't instantly turn any bomber into a colander but I guess that's how it was. :(
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

katt
Lieutenant General

Postby katt » Sun 7 Jul 2013 01:43

War Thunder.
World of Tanks.
SPMBT.
Xenonauts.
UFO: Enemy Unknown.
X-COM: Terror From The Deep.
Jagged Alliance 2.
Mechwarrior Online.