Who wants to buy Rome 2?

Noobie117
First Sergeant

Who wants to buy Rome 2?

Postby Noobie117 » Sun 7 Jul 2013 18:49

Hi guys,
I'm the onlyone who cannot wait to play Rome 2? Its one of my most anticipated games of 2013. I can't wait till the 3rd September when my Copy arrives :D I would kill to play it now! (Just joking;))

Anybody else?
Oliver said:

Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesellschaftskapitänskajütentürschließmechanismus

Inpute
Staff Sergeant

Re: Who wants to buy Rome 2?

Postby Inpute » Sun 7 Jul 2013 21:04

I'm probably going to pre-order it soon, only issue I'm seeing is Sega's recent history of putting out too many DLC's that should've been in the game from the start. Just looking at the DLC list for shogun 2 + FotS and Company of Heroes 2 makes me fear for the future of games published by Sega.

DelroyMonjo
Colonel

Postby DelroyMonjo » Sun 7 Jul 2013 22:04

Yeah, I plan on getting Rome 2.
I happen to be a big fan of TW games since I bought Shogun2, boxed, a few years ago. As for the DLC's, currently one can get the Shogun2/FotS + DLC's for $40 on Steam. That's a problem??? Also, most TW games are moddable and Shogun2 even has a complex map editor. One can play massive turn based campaigns or single skirmishes with a chosen army and maps. I happen to like the GUI and the glorious looking maps as well as some niceties like weather which have an effect on battles and campaigns. It's not always a sunny day in TW land.
The thing about the TW games is that they require PATIENCE and the ability to think ahead while keeping complex political and economic facets of the games in mind, something I don't see most of the WEE/ALB groupies as possessing in any abundance.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Buregdzya
Sergeant Major

Postby Buregdzya » Mon 8 Jul 2013 09:09

I played TW Empire and Napoleon and (in a paradox way) I found that I enjoyed more the strategic part of the game than the tactical. However, I think this is the wrong of way of doing it because the tactical battle is the core of the TW series.

The minutes long loading times and the circumstance that I sucked at at those tactical battles just didn't appeal to me. So, although I really wanted to like/love the TW games I rather moved on and found other games- like WALB that is. Therefore, no Rome 2 for me.

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Mon 8 Jul 2013 10:08

Offtopic: @Buregdzya: Haven't meet you for a long time in Wargame:AB, mate :) You are still playing as much as in Wargame:EE? ;)

Buregdzya
Sergeant Major

Postby Buregdzya » Mon 8 Jul 2013 10:36

@[DAY]Topspin2005
Friend, you most definitely can still find me playing. Maybe why you can't see me is that I mostly play 10v10.

Honestly, I can hardly bear initial pressure when playing 1v1 or even 2v2. On Ragnarok at least you don't have to blame yourself for losing :oops: I get all nervous...

renorzeta
Command Sergeant Major

Postby renorzeta » Fri 12 Jul 2013 08:20

i can die if i can't play it.

Return to “Off-Topic”