WW2

LoneRifle
Major-General

WW2

Postby LoneRifle » Fri 26 Jul 2013 23:35

You mean "repress the natives until the occupation forces arrive"?
Marines can't and shouldn't go toe-to-toe with first-class army units on their own, the fact that American Marines did well against outnumbered Japanese conscripts armed with bolt-action rifles and later against various starving peasants around the globe doesn't change this.

Best wishes,
Daniel.

Russian fanbois have a hard time remembering that the Japanese had years to prepare fortifications, always fought to the death, and that virtually all of our marines had been civilians until the war started. We won that war handily by the way. I gotta ask how many Russians it took to conquer Finland, a country with 10x less resources and manpower than Japan, and who shared a massive land border with the USSR. Oh wait.... they failed twice. You Russians really do try so hard to be 2nd best though. Its quite amusing.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: New balance & campaign patch (v1404)

Postby orcbuster » Fri 26 Jul 2013 23:37

LoneRifle wrote:
Marines can't and shouldn't go toe-to-toe with first-class army units on their own, the fact that American Marines did well against outnumbered Japanese conscripts armed with bolt-action rifles and later against various starving peasants around the globe doesn't change this.

Best wishes,
Daniel.

Russian fanbois have a hard time remembering that the Japanese had years to prepare fortifications, always fought to the death, and that virtually all of our marines had been civilians until the war started. We won that war handily by the way. I gotta ask how many Russians it took to conquer Finland, a country with 10x less resources and manpower than Japan, and who shared a massive land border with the USSR. Oh wait.... they failed twice. You Russians really do try so hard to be 2nd best though. Its quite amusing.

actually they won both times. They also took more ground from the japanese than the US And beat 9/10ths of the german army.
Viker for ingen!

ikalugin

Postby ikalugin » Fri 26 Jul 2013 23:44

LoneRifle wrote:

Best wishes,
Daniel.

US fanboys forget that it was USSR who defeated most of NAZI armed forces in Europe, as well as destroying the Japanese forces in Manchuria (who had even more time to dig in as we shared this frontier for longer).
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Fri 26 Jul 2013 23:46

actually they won both times. They also took more ground from the japanese than the US And beat 9/10ths of the german army.

They never conquered and occupied Finland though did they? That and if you claim that the land grab the Russians had in the last week of the Pacific War really had an affect on its outcome, I can claim that the 1/10th casualties inflicted by the western allies was more crucial then the Russians victory in the east (we both know its not, so lets not claim that Russia doing a land grab was some great victory)

Vestly
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Vestly » Fri 26 Jul 2013 23:50

LoneRifle wrote:

They never conquered and occupied Finland though did they? That and if you claim that the land grab the Russians had in the last week of the Pacific War really had an affect on its outcome, I can claim that the 1/10th casualties inflicted by the western allies was more crucial then the Russians victory in the east (we both know its not, so lets not claim that Russia doing a land grab was some great victory)

Learn history :roll:

Gopblin
Major-General

Postby Gopblin » Fri 26 Jul 2013 23:51

Yep, US took over a month to defeat 20,000 Japanese defending 8 square miles of Iwo Jima.

USSR took 2 weeks to defeat 1,200,000 Japanese defending an area roughly the size of Western Europe.

Best wishes,
Daniel.
Last edited by Gopblin on Fri 26 Jul 2013 23:51, edited 1 time in total.
Nationality? - Russian.
Occupation? - No, no, just visiting.

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Fri 26 Jul 2013 23:51

LoneRifle wrote:

It was, it was one of the major reason japan surrendered. Soviets actually had an invasion plan in the north that was all but ready and would have faced far less resistance than the planned US invasions since japan had a lot less troops stationed in the north.
Viker for ingen!

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Sat 27 Jul 2013 00:10

Gopblin wrote:Yep, US took over a month to defeat 20,000 Japanese defending 8 square miles of Iwo Jima.

USSR took 2 weeks to defeat 1,200,000 Japanese defending an area roughly the size of Western Europe.

Best wishes,
Daniel.

Thanks for making a point in my favor. Thats what, 2500 Japanese per square mile? I don't know how big the border was for the Russians, but I know they had less men per square mile, so wouldn't that make it easier for Russia, with its Railroad and what 6 years to prepare to attack along with a surprise declaration of war, and with your 1.6 million men?

As for the Nazis, I never disputed the Russians sacrifice and vital contributions, I just take offense to Russians calling US Marines 2nd rate and the US being incapable of taking on people who use "bolt action rifles", makes Americans incredulous because we remember the mountains of aid we have the Russians and our own sacrifices we made during the war, just to end up with the political situation that led in a very direct way to the creation of this game that we both play right now. Funny how history works :)

Thtb
Private

Postby Thtb » Sat 27 Jul 2013 00:16

Honestly you wouldn't even have this silly ww2 argument if everyone posting would have read this, fully.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_II

Vestly
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Vestly » Sat 27 Jul 2013 00:18

LoneRifle wrote:
Gopblin wrote:Yep, US took over a month to defeat 20,000 Japanese defending 8 square miles of Iwo Jima.

Best wishes,
Daniel.

Thanks for making a point in my favor. Thats what, 2500 Japanese per square mile? I don't know how big the border was for the Russians, but I know they had less men per square mile, so wouldn't that make it easier for Russia, with its Railroad and what 6 years to prepare to attack along with a surprise declaration of war, and with your 1.6 million men?

As for the Nazis, I never disputed the Russians sacrifice and vital contributions, I just take offense to Russians calling US Marines 2nd rate and the US being incapable of taking on people who use "bolt action rifles", makes Americans incredulous because we remember the mountains of aid we have the Russians and our own sacrifices we made during the war, just to end up with the political situation that led in a very direct way to the creation of this game that we both play right now. Funny how history works :)

EDIT: It was 70,000 marines against 20,000 japanes. USA outnumbered Japan 2-3 to 1

Return to “Off-Topic”