WW2

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: WW2

Postby ikalugin » Sat 27 Jul 2013 19:00

I did not call Ukrains traitors did I :)

And we sold those to stay afloat, this allowed Su35S/T50 and S400 to come into being. Also, although less known, we were helping a lot with their aerodynamics research.
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Sat 27 Jul 2013 19:09

ikalugin wrote:I did not call Ukrains traitors did I :)

And we sold those to stay afloat, this allowed Su35S/T50 and S400 to come into being. Also, although less known, we were helping a lot with their aerodynamics research.

They're not traitors, just detrimental to their own business arrangements. :lol:

And of course, same reason South Korea got Igla and T-80U in the '90s. Can't really afford to think of the future when you're struggling in the present.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Sat 27 Jul 2013 19:10

Believe me, Americans know all about Chinese ripping off our technology.

ikalugin

Postby ikalugin » Sat 27 Jul 2013 19:11

Well and now we are thinking about a Su35S sale to China. I think it is best not to do this.
Praslovan:

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Sat 27 Jul 2013 19:25

Russia's outnumbered what 10-1? America a little over 4-1? They have not caught up to us in all forms of technology but they will sooner rather then later..... and when they do and they need to feed their massive population and industry there wont be much negotiating.

ikalugin

Postby ikalugin » Sat 27 Jul 2013 20:34

LoneRifle wrote:Russia's outnumbered what 10-1? America a little over 4-1? They have not caught up to us in all forms of technology but they will sooner rather then later..... and when they do and they need to feed their massive population and industry there wont be much negotiating.

Whag are you talking about?
Praslovan:

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sat 27 Jul 2013 21:14

Yeah I cant blame Russia for being leery about the tech transfer.

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Sun 28 Jul 2013 01:24

ikalugin wrote:
LoneRifle wrote:Russia's outnumbered what 10-1? America a little over 4-1? They have not caught up to us in all forms of technology but they will sooner rather then later..... and when they do and they need to feed their massive population and industry there wont be much negotiating.

Whag are you talking about?

I give it 30 years before China's population growth makes it impossible to control. There will be civil unrest and one of two things are gonna happen, a nasty civil war or a war of aggression against a neighbor for resources.

Russia happens to share a very long border and as we all know has plenty of untapped resources in Siberia..... Its either that way or south into Vietnam and Southeast Asia.

ikalugin

Postby ikalugin » Sun 28 Jul 2013 01:29

Unless they find some magic way to neuter nuclear weapons this would end badly for them.

With improvement in quality of said weapons to offset quantity restrictions/reductions this could turn very ugly very quickly.

P.s. about carrier projects in USSR, I liked this one:

[img]militaryrussia.ru/i/284/360/vnAAr.jpg[/img]
Praslovan:

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Sun 28 Jul 2013 01:56

ikalugin wrote:
P.s. about carrier projects in USSR, I liked this one:

[img]militaryrussia.ru/i/284/360/vnAAr.jpg[/img]

Isn't that the Ulyanovsk? It's a very nice design, even though I think the SSM launchers weren't really necessary. The ski-jump/catapult combo's an odd touch, but 44 Su-33s would give it one hell of a punch. Not quite the equal of a Nimitz in certain aspects (size of air wing, mostly), but far superior in others (close-in protection). Without 60+ years of experience with CBGs and different threats that might've been a better idea for the USSR anyway.

Aviation week says the Chinese nuclear carriers will be based on it, too.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Return to “Off-Topic”