The F35 saga is continuing on

molnibalage
General

Re: The F35 saga is continuing on

Postby molnibalage » Sun 6 Jul 2014 00:38

Why I don't like the F-35? It is fundamentally aerodynamically flawed. The USAF and USN are going to use a V/STOL airplane without the V/STOL capabilities. The F-35's aerodynamics are so bad that it requires the most powerful (and consequently most expensive and complicated) single fighter engine to recover acceptable performance. The F-35C with its presumably + 50 second transonic acceleration time is all but a subsonic bomber.

As I can judge you have no idea about areodynamics and specific excess power and other issues...
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Sun 6 Jul 2014 01:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attack the subject, not the person

guynumber7
Captain

Postby guynumber7 » Mon 7 Jul 2014 17:13

Most people that bash the F-35 love to shill for Pierre Sprey and his fighter mafia agenda.

They get paid to bash the F-35 for a living. People like Winslow Wheeler, and the "defence reformers" are mostly media alarmists.

To those such people, i *tip* my avatar to them.
youtube.com/guynumber7

wargame vids shall be put up

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Mon 7 Jul 2014 20:28

Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Graphic » Tue 8 Jul 2014 05:09

guynumber7 wrote:Most people that bash the F-35 love to shill for Pierre Sprey and his fighter mafia agenda.

They get paid to bash the F-35 for a living. People like Winslow Wheeler, and the "defence reformers" are mostly media alarmists.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/pierre ... 1592445665
k

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Tue 8 Jul 2014 10:09

:evil:
Last edited by orcbuster on Tue 8 Jul 2014 13:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inflamatory

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Tue 8 Jul 2014 10:48

Graphic wrote:
guynumber7 wrote:Most people that bash the F-35 love to shill for Pierre Sprey and his fighter mafia agenda.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/pierre ... 1592445665

Good stuff.

(I explanied these and more issues much longer in a critics about an article.)

Delicious RBKs
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Delicious RBKs » Wed 16 Jul 2014 19:55

Just to throw it out there:

Farnborough Airshow 2014 - the was to F-35 attended... but didn't due to safety inspections.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28321023

The X-35's maiden flight was 2000. The F-35's was 2006. Five and a half years later, the plane is still regarded as 'unsafe'. The F-35C is now scheduled for a 2019 introduction at the earliest; the other two models optimistically for next year. These dates have only been pushed back so far. The total program cost is now estimated to reach over $1,000,000,000,000. Unit cost is at least $125,000,000. The aircraft is untested, currently regarded as unfit to even fly and far in excess of the original costs; unit cost alone quoted for Canada and Australia has now more than doubled. It can't carry a reasonable payload without compromising its stealth, potential fundamental software flaws raised by programmers on the project have resulted in them being reassigned and the conflict the F-35 has been built for is extremely unlikely to happen; current events in Iraq and Ukraine have shown that air superiority is meaningless when your foe refuses to fight you on open ground. And Lockheed-Martin is still vigorously promoting it.

Lockheed-Martin and affiliates are, to put it politely, 'extracting the urine'.
MadMat explanation of 90s protos; viewtopic.php?f=155&t=43932&start=40#p542783

Cheesehead
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Cheesehead » Wed 16 Jul 2014 21:17

Delicious RBKs wrote:Just to throw it out there:

Farnborough Airshow 2014 - the was to F-35 attended... but didn't due to safety inspections.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28321023

The X-35's maiden flight was 2000. The F-35's was 2006. Five and a half years later, the plane is still regarded as 'unsafe'. The F-35C is now scheduled for a 2019 introduction at the earliest; the other two models optimistically for next year. These dates have only been pushed back so far. The total program cost is now estimated to reach over $1,000,000,000,000. Unit cost is at least $125,000,000. The aircraft is untested, currently regarded as unfit to even fly and far in excess of the original costs; unit cost alone quoted for Canada and Australia has now more than doubled. It can't carry a reasonable payload without compromising its stealth, potential fundamental software flaws raised by programmers on the project have resulted in them being reassigned and the conflict the F-35 has been built for is extremely unlikely to happen; current events in Iraq and Ukraine have shown that air superiority is meaningless when your foe refuses to fight you on open ground. And Lockheed-Martin is still vigorously promoting it.

Lockheed-Martin and affiliates are, to put it politely, 'extracting the urine'.

Eh, I think it had more to do with the people running the program being extremely cautious since the engine fire appears to be a one-off event. They'd rather it not show up than take a chance that something happens while its crossing the pond.

I'd also disagree with the notion that it would be useless when advisories refuse to fight in open ground; both those countries listed lack sizable arsenals of small precision guided munitions. I think once they integrate the new SDB II into the F-35, you have a potent weapons system, be it in stealth mode or with pylons on the wings. Besides, for what the F-35 needs to be stealthy for, SDB's can handle most of the tasks and you can carry a fair amount of them in internal bays.

TR-1
Private

Postby TR-1 » Mon 30 Oct 2017 05:02

Absha wrote:As i'm working right now for the european aviation industries, and french one (Dassault Aviation & EADS (ex-Cassidian & Airbus)), at Istres

You are so full of sh...t why pretend to be someone that you clearly aren't? :lol:

Absha wrote:As said, there's no such things as "instantaneous" turn rate, you mistaken it with 'roll rate
There's also no such things as sustained G or instantaneous G, there's a load factor limit

Really? is that so :lol: why don't you educate German and US engineers with your brilliant mind because they clearly indicated instantaneous G and sustained G in flight manual. What do these people know right? :lol:

Absha wrote: F-16C Block 50 clean flight characteristics
Maximum load factor : +9.4/-3 (+4/-1 at Mach 2)

I would think that if you want to pretend to be an expert, at least you will use correct number, apparently not :lol: your value is so ridiculously off the chart, it hilarious.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 30 Oct 2017 22:10

Helluva necro for your first post.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?