The F35 saga is continuing on

molnibalage
General

Re: The F35 saga is continuing on

Postby molnibalage » Sun 6 Jul 2014 00:38

Why I don't like the F-35? It is fundamentally aerodynamically flawed. The USAF and USN are going to use a V/STOL airplane without the V/STOL capabilities. The F-35's aerodynamics are so bad that it requires the most powerful (and consequently most expensive and complicated) single fighter engine to recover acceptable performance. The F-35C with its presumably + 50 second transonic acceleration time is all but a subsonic bomber.

As I can judge you have no idea about areodynamics and specific excess power and other issues...
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Sun 6 Jul 2014 01:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attack the subject, not the person

guynumber7
Captain

Postby guynumber7 » Mon 7 Jul 2014 17:13

Most people that bash the F-35 love to shill for Pierre Sprey and his fighter mafia agenda.

They get paid to bash the F-35 for a living. People like Winslow Wheeler, and the "defence reformers" are mostly media alarmists.

To those such people, i *tip* my avatar to them.
youtube.com/guynumber7

wargame vids shall be put up

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Mon 7 Jul 2014 20:28

Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Graphic » Tue 8 Jul 2014 05:09

guynumber7 wrote:Most people that bash the F-35 love to shill for Pierre Sprey and his fighter mafia agenda.

They get paid to bash the F-35 for a living. People like Winslow Wheeler, and the "defence reformers" are mostly media alarmists.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/pierre ... 1592445665
k

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Tue 8 Jul 2014 10:09

:evil:
Last edited by orcbuster on Tue 8 Jul 2014 13:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inflamatory

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Tue 8 Jul 2014 10:48

Graphic wrote:
guynumber7 wrote:Most people that bash the F-35 love to shill for Pierre Sprey and his fighter mafia agenda.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/pierre ... 1592445665

Good stuff.

(I explanied these and more issues much longer in a critics about an article.)

Delicious RBKs
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Delicious RBKs » Wed 16 Jul 2014 19:55

Just to throw it out there:

Farnborough Airshow 2014 - the was to F-35 attended... but didn't due to safety inspections.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28321023

The X-35's maiden flight was 2000. The F-35's was 2006. Five and a half years later, the plane is still regarded as 'unsafe'. The F-35C is now scheduled for a 2019 introduction at the earliest; the other two models optimistically for next year. These dates have only been pushed back so far. The total program cost is now estimated to reach over $1,000,000,000,000. Unit cost is at least $125,000,000. The aircraft is untested, currently regarded as unfit to even fly and far in excess of the original costs; unit cost alone quoted for Canada and Australia has now more than doubled. It can't carry a reasonable payload without compromising its stealth, potential fundamental software flaws raised by programmers on the project have resulted in them being reassigned and the conflict the F-35 has been built for is extremely unlikely to happen; current events in Iraq and Ukraine have shown that air superiority is meaningless when your foe refuses to fight you on open ground. And Lockheed-Martin is still vigorously promoting it.

Lockheed-Martin and affiliates are, to put it politely, 'extracting the urine'.
MadMat explanation of 90s protos; viewtopic.php?f=155&t=43932&start=40#p542783

Cheesehead
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Cheesehead » Wed 16 Jul 2014 21:17

Delicious RBKs wrote:Just to throw it out there:

Farnborough Airshow 2014 - the was to F-35 attended... but didn't due to safety inspections.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28321023

The X-35's maiden flight was 2000. The F-35's was 2006. Five and a half years later, the plane is still regarded as 'unsafe'. The F-35C is now scheduled for a 2019 introduction at the earliest; the other two models optimistically for next year. These dates have only been pushed back so far. The total program cost is now estimated to reach over $1,000,000,000,000. Unit cost is at least $125,000,000. The aircraft is untested, currently regarded as unfit to even fly and far in excess of the original costs; unit cost alone quoted for Canada and Australia has now more than doubled. It can't carry a reasonable payload without compromising its stealth, potential fundamental software flaws raised by programmers on the project have resulted in them being reassigned and the conflict the F-35 has been built for is extremely unlikely to happen; current events in Iraq and Ukraine have shown that air superiority is meaningless when your foe refuses to fight you on open ground. And Lockheed-Martin is still vigorously promoting it.

Lockheed-Martin and affiliates are, to put it politely, 'extracting the urine'.

Eh, I think it had more to do with the people running the program being extremely cautious since the engine fire appears to be a one-off event. They'd rather it not show up than take a chance that something happens while its crossing the pond.

I'd also disagree with the notion that it would be useless when advisories refuse to fight in open ground; both those countries listed lack sizable arsenals of small precision guided munitions. I think once they integrate the new SDB II into the F-35, you have a potent weapons system, be it in stealth mode or with pylons on the wings. Besides, for what the F-35 needs to be stealthy for, SDB's can handle most of the tasks and you can carry a fair amount of them in internal bays.

TR-1
Private

Postby TR-1 » Mon 30 Oct 2017 05:02

Absha wrote:As said, there's no such things as "instantaneous" turn rate, you mistaken it with 'roll rate
There's also no such things as sustained G or instantaneous G, there's a load factor limit

Really? is that so why don't you educate German and US engineers with your brilliant mind because they clearly indicated instantaneous G and sustained G in flight manual. What do these people know right?

Absha wrote: F-16C Block 50 clean flight characteristics
Maximum load factor : +9.4/-3 (+4/-1 at Mach 2)

I would think that if you want to pretend to be an expert, at least you will use correct number, apparently not your value is so ridiculously off the chart, it hilarious.
Last edited by KattiValk on Wed 14 Feb 2018 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed a few distasteful bits

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 30 Oct 2017 22:10

Helluva necro for your first post.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?