Postby BTR » Sat 22 Mar 2014 23:45

Perhaps first confirmed picture of SSO in operation:

Closeup by reuters:
Spoiler : :

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Re: Crisis in Crimea

Postby frostypooky » Sun 23 Mar 2014 00:14

Those are just Crimean militia. Tacticool Oakleys are offered as an incentive for enlistment,

Radsoc
First Sergeant

Postby Radsoc » Sun 23 Mar 2014 00:22

Or mercenaries. But technically, Crimea is part of Russia now. Russian troops use Russian insignia.
Radsoc's Magic Formulae Impolite green men ban you for promoting science/"derailing topics". The pope would be proud.

mrl0ve
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby mrl0ve » Sun 23 Mar 2014 00:37

They look like ordinary airsofters

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Sun 23 Mar 2014 01:35

zervostyrd wrote:Really? I mean can't the Russians at least pardon them so they can leave with their equipment. Just because Russia owns the land (well according to Russia) the equipment aren't Russias..

This is Russias mess, (now officially) get to cleaning! This sort of thing is just because they can be a douches..

Well yes. But stealing the Ukrainian equipment wouldn't carry the same amount of 'in your face'. I mean blockading the Ukrainian fleet by sinking a blockship is pretty damn douchebaggery.
"We want you to leave! But no you can't leave unless you pass under the yoke and give us your stuff after we have stolen your land. Oh and by the way, you have to leave your homes as well."
I'm not surprised a significant amount of the soldiers and sailors might chose to stay. And given their lack of other options taking a job in Crimea (possibly even as a soldier). It is their home after all (wives and children would certainly pull in the direction of staying). I can imagine a lot of them having been born there as well. But that doesn't mean they are wholly supportive of the actions that have led them to take that choice.

That's not a nice way to treat them. Regardless of the political maneuvers and how you might think the politicians are in Kiev. The state of Ukraine is just as real as it has been the past 24 years. The Ukrainian Army is also just as real. The political situation is just that, political. Stealing the stuff the Ukrainian Army and Fleet has had in Crimea is... well it is blatant theft. And it is clear that it was the intention from the beginning, otherwise the fleet wouldn't have been blocked in.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Sun 23 Mar 2014 08:51

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... raine.html

interesting article on the Russian mafia's influence in Crimea

I guess you're either with the bourgeois neo-Nazi fascists or you're with"The Don" Putin

Radsoc
First Sergeant

Postby Radsoc » Sun 23 Mar 2014 11:38

No, you don't have to. You can be with the communists and fight for a new world.
Radsoc's Magic Formulae Impolite green men ban you for promoting science/"derailing topics". The pope would be proud.

panzersaurkrautwefer
Major-General

Postby panzersaurkrautwefer » Sun 23 Mar 2014 11:52

Or you can take your life into your own hands. No gods, no masters. Find your local communist, and open his skull with a rock.

It's the only answer. Destroy the diseased ones.
Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?

47andrej
Lieutenant

Postby 47andrej » Sun 23 Mar 2014 12:47

Rorschach wrote:
Radsoc wrote:The fascists lost 54 of 67 warships including their only submarine. About 10% of the UA soldiers decided to side with Ukraine, and left. While about 18 000 decided to enlist with Russia.

I didn't realise Putin had an account on these forums.

10-20% is quite realistic number, consistent with several Krim and Sevastopol sources, even reports from ukrainian officers going back to Ukraine. Majority of soldiers stationed in Krim will serve in Russian army.

But hey just continue to listen bs coming from Kiev. Krim peoples forced by arms to vote on referendum and such bs.

chema1994
Lieutenant General

Postby chema1994 » Sun 23 Mar 2014 13:50

panzersaurkrautwefer wrote:Or you can take your life into your own hands. No gods, no masters. Find your local communist, and open his skull with a rock.

It's the only answer. Destroy the diseased ones.

Hey Himmler nice to have you in the forums :lol:

Return to “Off-Topic”