Why all the F22 hate?

Oktoberfest
Second-Lieutenant

Re: Why all the F22 hate?

Postby Oktoberfest » Thu 13 Mar 2014 16:39

Kraxis wrote:I'm not sure how much validity Iris' little mod has in regards to being historical, but the video he posted showed exactly how nasty an F-22 would be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9w6gyOFBu8&feature=youtu.be

Lol, it just wanders over the AA, totally unharmed, and shoot stuffs....

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Thu 13 Mar 2014 16:42

Mad22 wrote:What stats did iris give in terms of experience,ECM and stealth. Did he adjust the missiles as well?

And do any modders know if it's even possible to lower stealth stat when firing?

You can see that the missiles do miss, otherwise at least a few cases wouldn't have required the F-22 to close in with the gun (against planes).
The ECM is obviously high, but that's what it should be regardless. The turning rate is pretty damn good, but not the best in the game. The speed is also good, but again that is to be expected. The stealth appears to be similar to the F-117 as the enemies have absolutely no clue they are there until they shoot. But there are a few cases where AA open up ahead of an attack, so it can be spotted.

Overall it seems to match the parameters set up: F-117 with air weaponry + speed + ECM + good turn rate.

Oktoberfest wrote:Lol, it just wanders over the AA, totally unharmed, and shoot stuffs....

Quite. Imagine if he had played it conservatively. They wouldn't even get harmed. Here they flew all over the place, almost attacking the enemies as they entered.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Richardm
Private First-Class

Postby Richardm » Thu 13 Mar 2014 16:45

Well it would out class everything the PACT/Dragons would have. Even if they put it in, there would be complaining about how its too OP. If they make it not so OP people would complain about how its not like the real thing. Its a double edged sword that I think is best to keep out of the game to avoid such problems with the community.

Han
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Han » Thu 13 Mar 2014 16:48

Would it even be the F-22 proper, more like an YF-22 which wouldn't be as optimized as the F-22 we all have heard of these days. :lol:
So yeah if it were to be added, which it won't, it really shouldn't have the same specs as the modern F-22 is thought to have.
Semper metam contingimus

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Thu 13 Mar 2014 17:07

Han wrote:Would it even be the F-22 proper, more like an YF-22 which wouldn't be as optimized as the F-22 we all have heard of these days. :lol:
So yeah if it were to be added, which it won't, it really shouldn't have the same specs as the modern F-22 is thought to have.

Same goes for EF and Rafale. YF-22 would still outclass them.

Richardm wrote:Well it would out class everything the PACT/Dragons would have. Even if they put it in, there would be complaining about how its too OP. If they make it not so OP people would complain about how its not like the real thing. Its a double edged sword that I think is best to keep out of the game to avoid such problems with the community.

This. Pretty much applies for alot of missing units people were complaining about (Javelin, Kornet, Soviet Obj. XXX tanks,...).
Alpha release. Click signature for more

Mad22
Lieutenant

Postby Mad22 » Thu 13 Mar 2014 17:26

Spoiler : :
Kraxis wrote:
Mad22 wrote:What stats did iris give in terms of experience,ECM and stealth. Did he adjust the missiles as well?

And do any modders know if it's even possible to lower stealth stat when firing?

You can see that the missiles do miss, otherwise at least a few cases wouldn't have required the F-22 to close in with the gun (against planes).
The ECM is obviously high, but that's what it should be regardless. The turning rate is pretty damn good, but not the best in the game. The speed is also good, but again that is to be expected. The stealth appears to be similar to the F-117 as the enemies have absolutely no clue they are there until they shoot. But there are a few cases where AA open up ahead of an attack, so it can be spotted.

Overall it seems to match the parameters set up: F-117 with air weaponry + speed + ECM + good turn rate.

Oktoberfest wrote:Lol, it just wanders over the AA, totally unharmed, and shoot stuffs....

Quite. Imagine if he had played it conservatively. They wouldn't even get harmed. Here they flew all over the place, almost attacking the enemies as they entered.

Watched it on my phone so couldn't see missiles missing. All I could see for sure was red planes disappearing so quick it looked like they remembered they forgot to delete the browser history and the wife was about get home.
HOT SHOTS IS MORE REALISTIC THAN TOP GUN. whats that about?

I WUB PUGS
Lieutenant

Postby I WUB PUGS » Thu 13 Mar 2014 17:49

1 card of 1 at rookie or whatever the lowest level is called now.

300 pts.

Nothing wrong with that.

plata
Sergeant First-Class

Postby plata » Thu 13 Mar 2014 17:53

I WUB PUGS wrote:1 card of 1 at rookie or whatever the lowest level is called now.

300 pts.

Nothing wrong with that.

No one would use it if nerfed like that => Waste of (development) ressources

derrickkolba
First Sergeant

Postby derrickkolba » Thu 13 Mar 2014 17:57

um wrong f22 is complete garbage. [youtube] http://youtu.be/KaoYz90giTk[/youtube]

Kraxis wrote:I'm not sure how much validity Iris' little mod has in regards to being historical, but the video he posted showed exactly how nasty an F-22 would be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9w6gyOFBu8&feature=youtu.be

I WUB PUGS
Lieutenant

Postby I WUB PUGS » Thu 13 Mar 2014 17:59

300 points for a plane that can penetrate enemy air defense and kill everything in the sky with ease?

Not worth it? :lol:

Good, I hope most wouldn't take it. Only the people that understood the risk and reward of using it.

Oh yeah, they aren't making it anyway, so I don't really have to care about "waste". Plenty of units don't get used.

derrickkolba wrote:um wrong f22 is complete garbage.

Meh. For game purposes it would still be well ahead of any other plane. I am not at all a fan of the F-22 and would have cancelled it sooner, but in the time frame of the game, the F-22 would be without equal, not even close.

Its not even about the stealth aspect, which I think that stock is falling in present day, but the fire control is a beast and it would have thrust vectoring. The only one in the game unless they are modeling it on the EF which has not been produced with it. The problems that have befallen the F-22 program in recent memory don't really have an impact on how you would implement it in game.

That said, I'd rather just get a price decrease for F-15C and another card of 2. :mrgreen:

Return to “Off-Topic”