Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby Xeno426 » Thu 8 Dec 2016 18:48

orcbuster wrote:I don't want a mouse and keyboard in my living room, and my rig has nowhere to go. Consoles do fine at that one thing and thats all I want from it. I turn it on and can game instantly from my couch. I play PC type games in my bedroom and console ones in my living room. It's the optimal sollution for me.

There is the Steambox and Steam controller. Can't comment on the Steambox, but I've heard lots of really good things about the controller.

Frencho wrote:Consoles on the other hand look and sound very convenient and practical. That's why I'm considering it as a temporary solution for my gaming needs.
They're relatively cheap, 400-500 $.
And when you have to leave the country in a couple of years, you can sell them off easily. Especially in Latin America or Africa where it's a bit harder or more expensive to get consoles due to import tariffs.
On the other hand, selling a DIY gaming rig is harder, obsolescence kicks in twice as fast. Most of the time you don't sell the rig as one package but piece by piece.

You can make a pretty good gaming system for that price, though. And you won't be locked into a single service provider and forced to pay extra for online play on top of your internet service.

This generation of consoles are literally PCs with more restrictions on them; the PS4 is literally a PC under the hood.

I've had consoles as well; hell, I started out on an NES and later SNES. I get the practicality of consoles. But the way they work these days is so far removed from those old easy plug and play days. They're being sold as much as a service as anything, made readily apparent by moves like the PS4 not being backwards compatible with PSNetwork purchases from last generation and forcing you to repurchase and re-download them. Even the whole "turn it on and play" doesn't really exist anymore because there's day one patches and updates, not to mention the network for downloading is worse than what even Steam offers.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Thu 8 Dec 2016 18:53

all those PSN and Xbox Live yearly service you have to pay , and you are buying an electronic that is exclusive to basically playing games

Compare to PC that i can do homework, photoshop, play games and so on. And the huge modding community in pc.

It just doesn't seem worth to get console other than exclusives.... which i might just buy PS4 for... darn you sony!!
Of Salt

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Thu 8 Dec 2016 18:57

another505 wrote:all those PSN and Xbox Live yearly service you have to pay , and you are buying an electronic that is exclusive to basically playing games

Compare to PC that i can do homework, photoshop, play games and so on. And the huge modding community in pc.

It just doesn't seem worth to get console other than exclusives.... which i might just buy PS4 for... darn you sony!!

Pretty much. What's cool (for me) is that many fighters are now coming out on PC, which was one genre that the PC was always kinda left out on. Hell, even MKXL is on PC now. Guilty Gear and BlazBlue lag behind console releases, which is rather annoying though.
Still, it's not like I was going to play these games competitively. I suck too much for that. :lol:
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Thu 8 Dec 2016 19:18

I agree on most of those points but regular consoles still suit me better on my couch, It's not a new argument for me, I've been between periods between consoles and computers from the original NES.

Regarding steam box, again, the games I play on a computer and on consoles don't overlap. I play strategy and shooters (with a few exceptions) on PC and third person games on consoles (RPGs work on both). I hate upgrading PCs constantly which is why I tend to do so around every 5-6 years. And the best console exclusives are the best console games I tend to play anyway so that part isn't really an issue either.

I get your arguments, they just don't convince me.
Viker for ingen!

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Thu 8 Dec 2016 21:33

Admiral Piett wrote:https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-cosmetic-tags-art-gameplay-and-ai.987053/

Manchukuo is coming!

If anyone is wondering, yes, pincer manouvers are still in the DLC, just renamed to "Spearhead" instead of "Blitz".

Frencho wrote:Well I've been a picky PC Gamer all my life, and never owned a single console.
The mix of inferior input controls, abysmal framerate cough* 30 fps cough* and the fact it's smarter to just put more money on a gaming rig and use it as your media device, work station and gaming station than getting a PC for work, a good TV and a console.

But I'm not a student stuck in Paris anymore and as I grow older and have to travel around I can see the benefits of consoles.
Gaming rigs are one hell of a compromise. They're heavy, take a lot of space between the full tower, keyboard, mouse pad and 24 to 27 inches Monitor and are expensive.
You can't really move hefty gaming rigs around.
I just moved to Latin America for work 10 days ago, had to leave my gaming rig back in France. No way I'm fitting that into my luggage, room wise or weight wise.

I used to move quite a bit as well. Rather short distances but very often. I got my laptop from those times and it still serves me well, although I had to skip certain titles.

D-M

Postby D-M » Fri 9 Dec 2016 01:35

So this is the future according to Poland :

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam ... 1481102765

http://jujubee.pl/en.realpolitiks.html
No idea if the game will be any good (chances are it won't) but at least, the premise sounds fun.

Pr.shadocko
First Sergeant

Postby Pr.shadocko » Fri 9 Dec 2016 13:15

D-M wrote:So this is the future according to Poland :

No idea if the game will be any good (chances are it won't) but at least, the premise sounds fun.

Dat Polish wet dream:

- a split and weak germany
- the return of the commonwealth
- a weak russia (i mean free city of kalingrad WTF?)

:lol:
(c) Darkmil

D-M

Postby D-M » Fri 9 Dec 2016 15:38

Pr.shadocko wrote:
D-M wrote:So this is the future according to Poland :

Dat Polish wet dream:

- a split and weak germany
- the return of the commonwealth
- a weak russia (i mean free city of kalingrad WTF?)

:lol:

- an islamic France.

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Fri 9 Dec 2016 19:03

Scandinavia gets united and nobody cares... but Poland got a tiny bit bigger and everyone loses their minds :lol:

Spoiler : :

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Fri 9 Dec 2016 19:08

REDDQ wrote:Scandinavia gets united and nobody cares...

More than Scandinavia, but also Fennoscandia.

Return to “Off-Topic”