Games I am officially EXCITED about.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby orcbuster » Fri 9 Dec 2016 20:27

Capital seems to be oslo as well for some reason.
Viker for ingen!

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Fri 9 Dec 2016 20:39

Probably because packed lunches are superior.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sat 10 Dec 2016 06:32

CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

D-M

Postby D-M » Sat 10 Dec 2016 22:40

Gaul ? Roman Empire ? Albion ? Is this a new Total War ? No ! It's 2222 according the Poles, again...

Special mention to "Comradia", "Cosa Nostra", "Arabica" and "Animeland"...

And some footage in Polespeak :

Preview : http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=846

Broth3r
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Broth3r » Sat 10 Dec 2016 23:54

Xeno426 wrote:

I'm generally not a flight sim guy (I like fun in my air combat), but as someone who adores SAAB aircraft, and with Leatherneck's great track record, this is a day one buy for me. Roll over F-14 and take your overrated hype with you, this is the shit.

Further, given SAAB's acknowledgement and Leatherneck's Swedish devs, further doors could be opened. Maybe a JA 37 in the near future? Hell, even if it's FC3 tier - DCS can only benefit from more flyables anyway. And the Draken's supposed to be declassified, and the possibility of a Gripen C... hold me.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sun 11 Dec 2016 04:34

Broth3r wrote:(I like fun in my air combat)

You realize fun is exactly why people play these games, yeah? Yes, it's hard and complicated, but the reward for figuring all that out and succeeding in the mission is oh so sweet. Think of games like Dark Souls, where everything is made purposefully quite hard and the combat is methodical and slow. It's not "fun" in your typical hack-and-slash manner, but people still love it because when you finally overcome that boss that has killed you twenty times already the feeling is great.

Broth3r wrote:Further, given SAAB's acknowledgement and Leatherneck's Swedish devs, further doors could be opened. Maybe a JA 37 in the near future?

Potentially, but one reason fighters haven't been quite a big focus in DCS is because ED still needs to work on its AAM system.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Sun 11 Dec 2016 17:24

:D

US Soldiers = Stormtroopers <3

D-M

Postby D-M » Sun 11 Dec 2016 17:43

So this is the progeniture of a Mini and an Harrier ?

God helps us all.

Broth3r
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Broth3r » Mon 12 Dec 2016 04:07

Xeno426 wrote:
Broth3r wrote:(I like fun in my air combat)

You realize fun is exactly why people play these games, yeah? Yes, it's hard and complicated, but the reward for figuring all that out and succeeding in the mission is oh so sweet. Think of games like Dark Souls, where everything is made purposefully quite hard and the combat is methodical and slow. It's not "fun" in your typical hack-and-slash manner, but people still love it because when you finally overcome that boss that has killed you twenty times already the feeling is great.

Sorry, couldn't help myself, but come on, it's no more bait-y than a few things you've said about Ace Combat yourself. :lol: I don't think the difficulty argument is applicable, however. Simulators and arcade games can both be equally challenging in different ways, and I'm no stranger to placing myself in ludicrously challenging scenarios in the latter (and side note, I really liked Dark Souls).

But personally, I just can't have fun with what might be called "normal" simulator environments, and have difficulty envisioning how it can be so - though I perfectly believe it can be. Learning the aircraft is interesting, but realistic combat scenarios simply don't scratch the itch. That said, I can have fun with it in other ways. Playing with my mates makes anything worth it. Or I can do shenanigans like these, or play the Antistasi insurgency mod for ArmA III. And, I'm sure, annihilating entire Soviet fleets will be fun as shit. At the end of the day, I'm just very well aware of the harsh realities of combat. War is hell. I'd rather err on the side of the entertainment - but of course, when the two match, I'm there.

The strangest thing here, however, is where in other game genres simulators are niche, it's the opposite in air combat games. The market's flooded with sims of variable quality, where Ace Combat is nigh unique, only joined by a bunch of crappy clones. This is especially true on PC, where just no such (good) game exists - yet. And even so, we must still be seen as plebeians. Or something.

Xeno426 wrote:
Broth3r wrote:Further, given SAAB's acknowledgement and Leatherneck's Swedish devs, further doors could be opened. Maybe a JA 37 in the near future?

Potentially, but one reason fighters haven't been quite a big focus in DCS is because ED still needs to work on its AAM system.

True, but I suppose it is there when that happens.

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Tue 13 Dec 2016 02:07

Is your teamspeak like this:

Return to “Off-Topic”