Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Sarvik
Second-Lieutenant

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby Sarvik » Wed 1 Mar 2017 17:13

frostypooky wrote:also, looks like artillery is an off map asset?? bottom left and right of last screenshot

Check the caliber ;)

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Wed 1 Mar 2017 17:19

I hope they use this opportunity to improve how air units work and interact with ground units. Different attack profiles, like dive bombing vs level bombing or rockets vs bombs would be great.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Wed 1 Mar 2017 17:21

No warchat = no buy

If they remove the mute button so that cowards cant back out of Thunderdome, i will even preorder two copies

Object199
Warrant Officer

Postby Object199 » Wed 1 Mar 2017 17:24

frostypooky wrote:No warchat = no buy

If they remove the mute button so that cowards cant back out of Thunderdome, i will even preorder two copies

NATIONAL CRISIS IN THE UK, NEW TOOTH DECAY PLAGUE ON THE RISE, DONATE NOW 10 OF YOUR FINEST AMERICAN DOLLARS TO STOP THE SUFFERING!!11!

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 1 Mar 2017 17:31

Object199 wrote:
frostypooky wrote:No warchat = no buy

NATIONAL CRISIS IN THE UK, NEW TOOTH DECAY PLAGUE ON THE RISE, DONATE NOW 10 OF YOUR FINEST AMERICAN DOLLARS TO STOP THE SUFFERING!!11!

The Americans shouldn't have been coming over here since '42 and giving all the British children chocolate and gum. There's a reason we rationed everything but vegetables!
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Wed 1 Mar 2017 18:12

Re: warchat, it's too bad we can't have Israel in the game...
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Wed 1 Mar 2017 18:27

Personally, I'm a little miffed that it's going to be another '44 Normandy invasion. The bloodiest, nastiest, and largest scale fighting was on the Eastern Front, not the much later Western. Hell, even an Italian front game would be an interesting turn of pace.

Here's hoping the Sherman isn't reduced to silly zerg tactics; the Sherman was quite capable of facing off against most opposition it faced, and Tigers were incredibly rare.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 1 Mar 2017 18:46

Xeno426 wrote:Personally, I'm a little miffed that it's going to be another '44 Normandy invasion. The bloodiest, nastiest, and largest scale fighting was on the Eastern Front, not the much later Western. Hell, even an Italian front game would be an interesting turn of pace.

Here's hoping the Sherman isn't reduced to silly zerg tactics; the Sherman was quite capable of facing off against most opposition it faced, and Tigers were incredibly rare.

I feel like that statement needs some qualification. US troops in Normandy saw very little of the Tiger I. Commonwealth forces were a little less lucky and Tiger Is did some damage despite their poor leadership. I don't really know where the Tiger IIs were I'm afraid.

Normandy is overdone though, I agree. If Eugen want to keep things in France but were willing to go full alternate history as they have for Wargame then I'd like to see the massive armoured battles between De Gaulle's newly estabilished Corps de Chasseurs à Cheval and the German armoured spearheads in 1940 and the subsequent battles of manoeuvre and countermanoeuvre as the last of the Panzers sacrificed themselves to prevent the British Cavalry tanks from cutting the bulk of the German infantry off from the Rhine :lol:. Obviously Eugen wouldn't much fancy the subsequent grinding infantry offensive into Germany that was required to actually end the Second Franco-German War but a tightly focused game like the one they're doing would be nice.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Wed 1 Mar 2017 18:47

Xeno426 wrote:Personally, I'm a little miffed that it's going to be another '44 Normandy invasion.

Good market decision. Focus on subject your target knows the best. The rest is natural source for some DLCs.

All the best to the team, game looks really gorgeous.

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Wed 1 Mar 2017 18:59

Yup, good luck to them, i would also have rathered a 1940 or a greece/desert war aspect game, sure it wasnt as many in sheer volume of numbers as the eastern front, but there was still massive pitched tank and mobility battles.

I just hope, if the DLC train comes, that they allow given the division system they seem to be using the "forcing" so to speak of a 1940 division vs 1940 division, because i wouldnt want to play a DLC 1939 british dragoon force of vickers mk VI's vs a SS division with tigers :lol:

Return to “Off-Topic”