Games I am officially EXCITED about.

LoneRifle
Major-General

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby LoneRifle » Thu 23 Mar 2017 06:26

Xeno426 wrote:
LoneRifle wrote:
Spoiler : :
Most memorable character so far is the gay krogan. Yea.....

Is it the female krogran? If so, that would make for an interesting character.

I was wrong. It IS a female Krogan. She is clearly voiced by someone rating 100% on the gaydar though. So I made assumptions since I have no freakin clue what a female krogan actually looks like lol.....

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 23 Mar 2017 06:39

Does the Korgan's junk even still work in the new series?

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Thu 23 Mar 2017 07:15

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Does the Korgan's junk even still work in the new series?

The junk has always worked, the issue has been their most birth are stillborn. IIRC, that female krogan Rifleman was talking about said only 0.1% of births were viable. However, they've since improved it to about 4%.

LoneRifle wrote:I was wrong. It IS a female Krogan. She is clearly voiced by someone rating 100% on the gaydar though. So I made assumptions since I have no freakin clue what a female krogan actually looks like lol.....

Kind of disappointed. I mean, there are very few female krogans, which is a problem. If the character was gay, then you have someone torn between what they're attracted to and what they may feel to be their duty to their species. Dunno, just see an interesting character concept that could be explored there. Image
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

D-M

Postby D-M » Thu 23 Mar 2017 16:19

Multiplayer, at last !

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Thu 23 Mar 2017 20:35

D-M wrote:Multiplayer, at last !

Game just had a 2.6GB update for it!
Courtesy of KattiValk

edthebeast
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby edthebeast » Thu 23 Mar 2017 23:50

Xeno426 wrote:
edthebeast wrote:Alien Isolation. Do I get a prize? Because I deserve one for having 23 hours in that game more than anything.....

Nope. It's ALIEN, the first film. That's the Nostromo (near the center of the image) making its way planetside to LV-426 after detaching from the umbilical to the massive refinery it was towing.

I mean Alien was good, but it'll never be Alien vs Predator 2.....
The only (probably) sane player to take a card of Akulas voluntarily..... UNTIL RED DRAGON!

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Fri 24 Mar 2017 00:14

edthebeast wrote:I mean Alien was good, but it'll never be Alien vs Predator 2.....

The movie or the game? The game was good. The movie... well, ALIEN will never be that bad...
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Fri 24 Mar 2017 05:20

LoneRifle wrote:
I was wrong. It IS a female Krogan. She is clearly voiced by someone rating 100% on the gaydar though. So I made assumptions since I have no freakin clue what a female krogan actually looks like lol.....

I think you mean on the Gaider ;) .

Xeno426 wrote:
edthebeast wrote:I mean Alien was good, but it'll never be Alien vs Predator 2.....

The movie or the game? The game was good. The movie... well, ALIEN will never be that bad...

The references, they are coming out of the damn walls!

Also the AVP 2 game was pretty good for its time. I remember that marine mission you got to go find Hall sacred me to death near the end.

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Fri 24 Mar 2017 05:31

Wildlands is a lot of fun. I shout "MAKE BOLIVIA GREAT AGAIN!" Every time I kill a cartel leader or pistolwhip one. Courtesy of those pesky Yanquis.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Fri 24 Mar 2017 05:56

Shrike wrote:Also the AVP 2 game was pretty good for its time. I remember that marine mission you got to go find Hall sacred me to death near the end.

The whole game is great. Nothing incredibly new when it comes to story, but it hit all the right notes that people wanted (unlike the AvP films). The Marine missions in the POC made you feel like the USCM in ALIENS investigating Hadley's Hope, and even built up the tension by having no enemies in the first mission. The Predator missions start you out like the creature in the first Predator film, hunting humans in the jungle, culminating with an alien hunt. The alien missions had you start as a facehugger sneaking around, trying to find a suitable host, then as a chestburster trying to find a safe place to grow. There were also some real nice mods out for it as well (I cobbled together an interesting one).

Alas, there seems to be some kind of issue with Monolith and their games, as none of their old ones have appeared on services like Steam or GOG. A real shame, because No One Lives Forever is also a great series.

Return to “Off-Topic”