Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby Xeno426 » Wed 14 Jun 2017 04:18

Killertomato wrote:I was hoping we'd see another TES. It's been six years, right? It's about time...

There is a new TES! Skyrim on Switch. Aren't you excited?
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Wed 14 Jun 2017 07:34

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
Xeno426 wrote:Well, it's the Normandy front; they weren't really a thing there.

However, if they had made the game on the Eastern Front, that would be a different story. There were a fair few women in combat roles in the Soviet army.

I think there are French and French resistance forces in the trailer, the ones with the funny hats...

So I've heard as well..
The playable females are supposedly French resistance, and I'ver heard rumors that some parts of the campaign are along the Eastern front
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Wed 14 Jun 2017 14:53

StalkerDellaNote wrote:
Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
Xeno426 wrote:Well, it's the Normandy front; they weren't really a thing there.

However, if they had made the game on the Eastern Front, that would be a different story. There were a fair few women in combat roles in the Soviet army.

I think there are French and French resistance forces in the trailer, the ones with the funny hats...

So I've heard as well..
The playable females are supposedly French resistance, and I'ver heard rumors that some parts of the campaign are along the Eastern front

I've never seen so many people pissed off that you could play as a woman or a black man in my life.
Courtesy of KattiValk

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Wed 14 Jun 2017 15:07

I do find it absurd to find women fighting on the western front and blacks fighting for the Germans. Not gonna lie.
Viker for ingen!

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Wed 14 Jun 2017 15:21

Are they gonna revive Manon from MoH : Underground ?

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 14 Jun 2017 16:33

orcbuster wrote:I do find it absurd to find women fighting on the western front and blacks fighting for the Germans. Not gonna lie.

That was the least worst bit of the trailer for me. At least it's a terrible decision I can understand.

It looks awful.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Wed 14 Jun 2017 16:35

orcbuster wrote:I do find it absurd to find women fighting on the western front and blacks fighting for the Germans. Not gonna lie.

Oh for heaven's sake, the blacks fighting for Germany was just silly (and by that you BF1 ye?).. all this inclusive nonsense is frustrating! Like I get it, but come on fellas, it's alright if it's historically accurate to have only a bunch of white males n shit, I get trying to inclusive if your game is set in 2018 or something.. I feel like it's part pandering, and in the case of Battlefield 1, part carelessness
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

Frencho
Lieutenant

Postby Frencho » Wed 14 Jun 2017 16:44

Xeno426 wrote:
Killertomato wrote:I was hoping we'd see another TES. It's been six years, right? It's about time...

There is a new TES! Skyrim on Switch. Aren't you excited?

Please brother, Skyrim on Nintendo Switch is old news, Skyrim VR on Xbox One X and PS4 Pro is all the rage!

Looks like they will keep selling us Skyrim ports for the next 5 years...

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Wed 14 Jun 2017 16:54

A bit old news, but ARMA3 is getting a new co-op mode with plans of releasing the source code for the mode as open source (don't think they've certified the license though?): https://dev.arma3.com/post/oprep-combat-patrol

Interesting. And something familiar taking into account it's 4 years into the release. Maybe they planned it as a long-term-support title from the get go, knowing the community dynamics from previous titles.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Wed 14 Jun 2017 17:00

I don't mind women in the resistance and SOE but having them as regular GIs is nuts.
Spoiler : :
not as nuts as MGS having a pregnant woman lead the D day landings and create the SAS. With China being a great power pre ww2
As for black people fighting on the same side as the Nazis that's just insane considering what they did to the black artillery men they captured in the bulge, so what next I wonder a special Jewish division of SS?

Return to “Off-Topic”