Games I am officially EXCITED about.

D-M

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby D-M » Fri 30 Jun 2017 16:07

varis wrote:Bohemia has launched a new shooter based on ARMA, utilizes one of the new maps:

"HARCORE TACTICAL FPS"

"Skill tree"

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Fri 30 Jun 2017 17:33

Seems like a huge mistake imo. They are still using the arma engine which is kind of clunky at times and it really show when you do indoor combat.

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Sat 1 Jul 2017 16:29

varis wrote:
Vulcan 607 wrote:Ok I am interested never watched battle star galactica so I will need to do some research. Also never watched firefly or game of thrones might do might not

Firefly I think is regarded as the best sci-fi series to come out for a good while. Also Galactica is worth watching, also the original series though it's a bit dated nowadays - it's quite campy but has its moments and the original cylons have something going for them too. The remake brings new concepts and I kinda liked the mix of very grandiose themes with some nittygritty style mixed in.

Somehow I've skipped Game of Thrones completely, but then again no starships in that show ;)

Not sure why Firefly is regarded that well, good show ofc but still. I watch pretty much all SciFi (few exceptions, that War of the Worlds though, definitely on my radar) and The Expanse is the thing nowadays. Very light on phlebo-thingy, to the point the crew has to have drugs injected just to not pass out during high G burn. Or humans born in low g are different for life, things like that.

Galactica (first two seasons) is quite good military Sci-Fi, well worth watching. Ship's crew acts and behaves as civilian would expect them to do. The rest you might as well, even though whole thing was filled with meta-nonsense and human suicide bombers
Spoiler : :
blowing themselves up to kill robots and their overseers who, at the time, could be resurrected
:roll:

Also, Captain Blazkowicz, still fighting after all these years!

After taking shrapnel to the head, spending more than a decade in a "loony bin", receiving hundreds of minor and major injuries and then finally, taking grenade to the face from point blank range and almost getting blown up by a nuclear gun he comes back to cause problems for people who, as I can learn from YouTube comments, did nothing wrong.

(as usual, amazing marketing)

Awesome new weapons, new enemies, new country, 10 out of 10 would crush Frau Engel's jaw again. Definitely a buy.

Another thing, Frostpunk from creators of This War of Mine.

We are gonna build settlement for last survivors of human. Apocalypse of choice this time is epic glacial period or smth. Anyway it is gonna be cold. Developers promise hard choices during our gameplay as, for example, to feed the cripples or let them die so you would have less mouth to feed and more space for the rest or... feed the rest of your people with cripples. Although bleak I am looking forward to play challenging city builder with more to it than just a puzzle of production lines. More interesting than yet another Tropico 3 4 5 6 but with bridges this time.

D-M

Postby D-M » Sun 2 Jul 2017 13:40

REDDQ wrote: The Expanse is the thing nowadays. Very light on phlebo-thingy, to the point the crew has to have drugs injected just to not pass out during high G burn. Or humans born in low g are different for life, things like that.

Political intrigues that doesn't involve mind controlling aliens.

edthebeast
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby edthebeast » Sun 2 Jul 2017 20:04

Mike wrote:
Xeno426 wrote:
Vulcan 607 wrote:https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/28/15887180/battlestar-galactica-deadlock-ps4-pc-xbox-one-price-release-date

Ok I am interested never watched battle star galactica so I will need to do some research. Also never watched firefly or game of thrones might do might not

Gonna say it right now, the UI and controls are going to be horribly compromised because it's being made for PC and consoles.

Every game that aims for realtime tactical control compromise their controls when put on consoles. Anyone remember HALO Wars? Hell, the tactical overhead control in Dragon Age: Inquisition is compromised compared to Dragon Age: Origins because it was made for consoles.

Did you ever play Ruse?

Did you ever play Ruse on console though....
The only (probably) sane player to take a card of Akulas voluntarily..... UNTIL RED DRAGON!

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sun 2 Jul 2017 20:53

edthebeast wrote:Did you ever play Ruse on console though....

Depends on what the system was made for first. Dragon Age: Origins was made for PC first, and the UI shows it. It's much more intuitive and useful in the tactical mode on PC than on consoles, and the same goes for the inventory system.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is quite the opposite.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sun 2 Jul 2017 20:55

Xeno426 wrote:
edthebeast wrote:Did you ever play Ruse on console though....

Depends on what the system was made for first. Dragon Age: Origins was made for PC first, and the UI shows it. It's much more intuitive and useful in the tactical mode on PC than on consoles, and the same goes for the inventory system.

It was released for consoles simultaniously though (or just a day or two later). Did they decide to port it to consoles mid development?

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sun 2 Jul 2017 20:58

Razzmann wrote:It was released for consoles simultaniously though

So was Dragon Age Origins and Inquisition.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sun 2 Jul 2017 21:08

Xeno426 wrote:
Razzmann wrote:It was released for consoles simultaniously though

So was Dragon Age Origins and Inquisition.

Of course, but it shows that it's not always been that way. Also Divnity Original Sin Enhanced Edition is available for consoles too and has pretty good controls from what I can tell. And they did not change the PC's controls, but made seperate ones instead.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sun 2 Jul 2017 21:14

Razzmann wrote:Of course, but it shows that it's not always been that way. Also Divnity Original Sin Enhanced Edition is available for consoles too and has pretty good controls from what I can tell. And they did not change the PC's controls, but made seperate ones instead.

Indeed, that is ideal.

Do you really think they'll bother? Decent UI across platforms is the exception, not the rule.

Return to “Off-Topic”