Games I am officially EXCITED about.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby another505 » Mon 1 Jun 2015 04:00

Mitchverr wrote:
Shrike wrote:
Mitchverr wrote:Couldnt find a better thread.

http://www.totalwar.com/Arena

Seems interesting.

MOBA >:(

Its not bad to be fair, its fairly decent, most problematic thing for me at least is in these games i love pikemen, guess what pikemen do in arena? Kill anyone who runs into the deployed phalanx wall.

Anyone....

As in allies...

IIRC, they dont..... in RTW 2

besides, i bet 18 of 20 players will be playing cav/elephants/chariots/archers/spartans :lol:
Of Salt

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Mon 1 Jun 2015 10:16

another505 wrote:IIRC, they dont..... in RTW 2

besides, i bet 18 of 20 players will be playing cav/elephants/chariots/archers/spartans :lol:

Actually its fairly balanced(now), as soon as X becomes popular (such as the archer spam did and arty spam) y takes a massive boost in numbers (such as the cav assault lines), when they become to popular with no target (ie archer players stopped spamming archers as half a team) then a new counter rises.

Right now its usually pretty balanced, you get a mix of roman heavy infantry, ranged troops, cav and spearmen, however you rarely see pikemen mostly due to the sheer problems of friendly fire and people not giving a damn, i had the same guy 4 times, yes, four times run through a pikewall, he refused to learn. To play pikemen usually is to play bankruptcy(ie you get charged a chunk of your income plus for teamkilling in this like any other game of this kind of setup).

Actually when i think about it, the only other people i see play pikemen are people i throughly crushed using mine... :lol:

GBNATO
General

Postby GBNATO » Mon 1 Jun 2015 10:54

Had Witcher III for a couple of days now and I must say it is pretty amazing.

The world is absolutely VAST, the quests are packed with story, the combat and magic mechanics are superb, the crafting and alchemy is streamlined and extremely satisfying, the monsters are diverse and challenging and everything looks quite beautiful.

I heartily recommend this game, one of the best I've played in a while. :P

Killertomato

Postby Killertomato » Mon 1 Jun 2015 11:06

The trashy romance stuff is always going to pop out at me now...
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Mon 1 Jun 2015 13:32

GBNATO wrote:Had Witcher III for a couple of days now and I must say it is pretty amazing.

The world is absolutely VAST, the quests are packed with story, the combat and magic mechanics are superb, the crafting and alchemy is streamlined and extremely satisfying, the monsters are diverse and challenging and everything looks quite beautiful.

Did they manage to make the characters any more interesting? Thats what always make me loose interest in the witcher games. I am simply unable to care about these people. If I'm going to sit through a 200 hour game they better make me care. There is a reason why I played through the mass effect series 4-5 times and always failed to play through the witcher games.
Viker for ingen!

GBNATO
General

Postby GBNATO » Mon 1 Jun 2015 15:14

orcbuster wrote:
GBNATO wrote:Had Witcher III for a couple of days now and I must say it is pretty amazing.

Did they manage to make the characters any more interesting? Thats what always make me loose interest in the witcher games. I am simply unable to care about these people. If I'm going to sit through a 200 hour game they better make me care. There is a reason why I played through the mass effect series 4-5 times and always failed to play through the witcher games.

Well I never played Witcher 1 or 2 so I can't speak for how much they've improved but from what I've seen the characters are quite well rounded and I do find myself caring about them. They even made me feel sorry for a drunken wife beater!

Only fault I can find with the game so far is the somewhat padded main story, there are quite a few 'fetch and carry' jobs that must be completed for the story to progress and it can get a bit tiresome. But it's well worth it for the side quests and 'Witcher Contracts' (of which there are more than I can count) which have just as much if not more story than the main quest line.

For example there was one quest early on. I happened upon a deserted homestead, started searching around, found blood stains and eventually figured out there was a "Noonwraith" haunting a well. In the process you learn the story of the couple that lived at the homestead, how they were killed and why the young woman became a Noonwraith. Even killing the monster was interesting, you gotta burn the dead girls bones, her treasured bracelet (her deceased husband bought for her) and then trap and kill her with a magical sign.

Again, I can't recommend it enough.

This is a Noonwraith in case you were wondering (Evidently Noonwraiths come from Polish Folklore :) )

Spoiler : :
Noonwraith — These monsters appear in fields when the sun is at its highest. Swaying grains on a windless day announce their arrival. On particularly searing summer days, when the sun reaches its zenith, wraiths will at times appear. Resembling sun-scorched women dressed in long white robes. These are noonwraiths - the spirits of young women and girls who died violent deaths right before their weddings. Driven mad with pain and anger, they wander the field searching for their unfaithful lovers and backstabbing rivals, though they will kill anyone who does not get out of their way in time. They are often held in this world by some object of intense emotional significance. This is why, if one ever finds a wedding ring of a torn veil in the middle of their field, one should not pick it up, but instead back away as quickly as possible. They dance in circles in the light of day and draw farmers in to join them. Since they are ghosts, no one who joins them leaves the circle alive.

Despite what is commonly thought, peasants do not interrupt their labors at midday to get out of the sun - they do it to avoid noonwraiths -Vlad Reymond, Peasants and Their Customs

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Tue 2 Jun 2015 02:07

orcbuster wrote:

The voiceacting is certainly a lot better. Even minor conversations seem to have more 'feel' now. But Geralt will always be pretty slim on personality, considering he is the silent deadpan type. But there are choices in conversations more often, so you can engage Geralt in some pretty unfamiliar events. Like playing hide and seek with children. While not downright hilarious, it is certainly slightly giggity.

The other major characters are perhaps not Mass Effect quality, but they have their own value. Like the Emperor of Nilfgard (Geralt knows everyone it seems). Such a douche, yet not.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

another505

Postby another505 » Tue 2 Jun 2015 02:51

He has less character than Freeman's crowbar
Of Salt

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 2 Jun 2015 03:12

another505 wrote:He has less character than Freeman's crowbar

Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Tue 2 Jun 2015 07:26

Me and a friend has collectively put 90 hours into this game between us (We share a computer).

Defiantly a great game, probably one of the better RPGs I've played in a long time. Although the game is not without it's own problems, it's definitely worth the praise it's been getting. Missions are full of life and characters really start to shine, especially where they fell in the previous two games.

There is a huge laundy list of problems I have with this game though, and I do think it gets too much blind praise. But that's a problem with most AAA games in the industry nowdays.

Return to “Off-Topic”