Games I am officially EXCITED about.

User avatar
frostypooky
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4324
Joined: Thu 1 Aug 2013 14:12
Contact:

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby frostypooky » Sun 11 Sep 2016 19:53



Really wish there was an idiot-proof way to play the DOS version on modern systems. I've tried multiple times and can't get it working. To think Activision was once considered a great publisher.

User avatar
Vulcan 607
Major-General
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon 31 Mar 2014 20:40
Location: Malton
Contact:

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby Vulcan 607 » Sun 11 Sep 2016 19:58

Ok any tips for command LIVE you Brexit you fix it?

User avatar
D-M
Posts: 8780
Joined: Sat 23 Jul 2011 11:10
Contact:

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby D-M » Sun 11 Sep 2016 21:17

frostypooky wrote:


Really wish there was an idiot-proof way to play the DOS version on modern systems. I've tried multiple times and can't get it working. To think Activision was once considered a great publisher.


GOG.
Image


User avatar
Xeno426
Carbon 13
Posts: 11956
Joined: Tue 13 Mar 2012 21:27
Location: Acheron, Hadley's Hope
Contact:

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 12 Sep 2016 06:20

D-M wrote:
frostypooky wrote:


Really wish there was an idiot-proof way to play the DOS version on modern systems. I've tried multiple times and can't get it working. To think Activision was once considered a great publisher.


GOG.

None of the MechWarrior games are on GOG. Or MechCommander.
Image
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

User avatar
D-M
Posts: 8780
Joined: Sat 23 Jul 2011 11:10
Contact:

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby D-M » Mon 12 Sep 2016 18:29

Not even if you beg them hard enough ?

btw :
Slight spoil for those who haven't read Berserk.
Spoiler : :
Image

User avatar
Shrike
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4481
Joined: Sun 22 Sep 2013 04:30
Location: Central California, US
Contact:

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby Shrike » Mon 12 Sep 2016 19:05

A shame MekTek lost the rights to keep working on battletech stuff and now they are working on their votoms Heavy Gear project.

User avatar
Butterless Toast
First Sergeant
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri 26 Jul 2013 14:19
Contact:

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby Butterless Toast » Mon 12 Sep 2016 19:22

Vulcan 607 wrote:Ok any tips for command LIVE you Brexit you fix it?


Playing from which side, Russia or NATO? And are you playing 'You Brexit, you fix it', or 'No Brexit, No Problem'?

User avatar
Vulcan 607
Major-General
Posts: 3909
Joined: Mon 31 Mar 2014 20:40
Location: Malton
Contact:

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby Vulcan 607 » Mon 12 Sep 2016 21:52

Butterless Toast wrote:
Vulcan 607 wrote:Ok any tips for command LIVE you Brexit you fix it?


Playing from which side, Russia or NATO? And are you playing 'You Brexit, you fix it', or 'No Brexit, No Problem'?


NATO You Brexit you fix it
Those S400s are driving me nuts the just took out all my tomahawks (launched to get the NSM and harpoon through only a few NSM made it and that's with jamming decoys overhead

Poland has joined the fight launching 3 subs 6 f16 and rearming mig29 for strike
What pissed me off on one attempt Finland and Sweden joined before the the NATO country's!

User avatar
Butterless Toast
First Sergeant
Posts: 212
Joined: Fri 26 Jul 2013 14:19
Contact:

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby Butterless Toast » Mon 12 Sep 2016 22:49

Spoiler : Snip :
Vulcan 607 wrote:
Butterless Toast wrote:
Vulcan 607 wrote:Ok any tips for command LIVE you Brexit you fix it?


Playing from which side, Russia or NATO? And are you playing 'You Brexit, you fix it', or 'No Brexit, No Problem'?


NATO You Brexit you fix it
Those S400s are driving me nuts the just took out all my tomahawks (launched to get the NSM and harpoon through only a few NSM made it and that's with jamming decoys overhead

Poland has joined the fight launching 3 subs 6 f16 and rearming mig29 for strike
What pissed me off on one attempt Finland and Sweden joined before the the NATO country's!


In such a comparatively small stretch of water like the Baltic, I found that the Dutch and US submarines are best left almost stationary, in the hope that a Russian DDG or FFG passes near. Then when they do, you can sprint them and quickly claim some kills.

To deal with the S-400, I re-armed some of the CAP F-22s from AMRAAMs to SDBs. After launching a diversionary attack with JASSM-armed Strike Eagles out of RAF Leakenheath, I snuck the stealthy F-22s close enough to drop SDBs. By the time the S-400 detected the glide bombs, it was too busy shooting cruise missiles out of the sky, and got hit by 4-5 in quick succession. After that, as long as you keep up CAP with F-15Cs and F-22s, you have air superiority over the Baltic States.

Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest