Games I am officially EXCITED about.

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby frostypooky » Sun 11 Sep 2016 19:53

Really wish there was an idiot-proof way to play the DOS version on modern systems. I've tried multiple times and can't get it working. To think Activision was once considered a great publisher.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Sun 11 Sep 2016 19:58

Ok any tips for command LIVE you Brexit you fix it?

D-M

Postby D-M » Sun 11 Sep 2016 21:17

frostypooky wrote:

Really wish there was an idiot-proof way to play the DOS version on modern systems. I've tried multiple times and can't get it working. To think Activision was once considered a great publisher.

GOG.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 12 Sep 2016 06:20

D-M wrote:
frostypooky wrote:

GOG.

None of the MechWarrior games are on GOG. Or MechCommander.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

D-M

Postby D-M » Mon 12 Sep 2016 18:29

Not even if you beg them hard enough ?

btw :
Slight spoil for those who haven't read Berserk.
Spoiler : :

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Mon 12 Sep 2016 19:05

A shame MekTek lost the rights to keep working on battletech stuff and now they are working on their votoms Heavy Gear project.

Butterless Toast
First Sergeant

Postby Butterless Toast » Mon 12 Sep 2016 19:22

Vulcan 607 wrote:Ok any tips for command LIVE you Brexit you fix it?

Playing from which side, Russia or NATO? And are you playing 'You Brexit, you fix it', or 'No Brexit, No Problem'?

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Mon 12 Sep 2016 21:52

Butterless Toast wrote:

Playing from which side, Russia or NATO? And are you playing 'You Brexit, you fix it', or 'No Brexit, No Problem'?

NATO You Brexit you fix it
Those S400s are driving me nuts the just took out all my tomahawks (launched to get the NSM and harpoon through only a few NSM made it and that's with jamming decoys overhead

Poland has joined the fight launching 3 subs 6 f16 and rearming mig29 for strike
What pissed me off on one attempt Finland and Sweden joined before the the NATO country's!

Butterless Toast
First Sergeant

Postby Butterless Toast » Mon 12 Sep 2016 22:49

Spoiler : Snip :
Vulcan 607 wrote:
Butterless Toast wrote:

NATO You Brexit you fix it
Those S400s are driving me nuts the just took out all my tomahawks (launched to get the NSM and harpoon through only a few NSM made it and that's with jamming decoys overhead

Poland has joined the fight launching 3 subs 6 f16 and rearming mig29 for strike
What pissed me off on one attempt Finland and Sweden joined before the the NATO country's!

In such a comparatively small stretch of water like the Baltic, I found that the Dutch and US submarines are best left almost stationary, in the hope that a Russian DDG or FFG passes near. Then when they do, you can sprint them and quickly claim some kills.

To deal with the S-400, I re-armed some of the CAP F-22s from AMRAAMs to SDBs. After launching a diversionary attack with JASSM-armed Strike Eagles out of RAF Leakenheath, I snuck the stealthy F-22s close enough to drop SDBs. By the time the S-400 detected the glide bombs, it was too busy shooting cruise missiles out of the sky, and got hit by 4-5 in quick succession. After that, as long as you keep up CAP with F-15Cs and F-22s, you have air superiority over the Baltic States.

Return to “Off-Topic”