Games I am officially EXCITED about.

REDDQ
General

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby REDDQ » Mon 22 Sep 2014 16:10

chema1994 wrote:Emergency 5, the firefighting/EMS/police RTS.

Lookin' good! And apparently release not so far from now... 30th October.

I hope it will be as awesome as Emergency 2. And with easy handling, one had to be an octopus to run things in E3.

chema1994
Lieutenant General

Postby chema1994 » Mon 22 Sep 2014 16:28

I'm used to "octopus" my EM games, I started with the first one and it had no minimap and the pathfinder was horrible, in a hard mission I could easily need 120apm to beat it :lol: However in EM4 there were mods that made tedious tasks much easier (1 click instead of 3 or 4). Actually I don't have much faith in the vanilla game (new graphics and new missions) but I think there won't be new mechanics or vehicles... But the mods are gonna look awesome on the new engine and the campaign is good (the first few times you play).
October is gonna be a bad month for my wallet, first GTA V and then EM5.

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Mon 22 Sep 2014 16:54

I skipped E4 unfortunately. I hope that 5 will feature alien invasion mission as 2 did :3 That was always big strength of Emergency series... big things to do.

Also E3 had nice sandbox where at first you were like "k, I got this" then "omg! omg! omg!" and then "dammit, everything is going to hell" :lol:

I wait with games a bit to see whether they are good or not. So far I have Divinity (and you can always count on Larian Studios to do a good job) in my mind but I wait for Cd Project to finish translation to Polish ( :roll: ). Then maybe Wasteland 2, Project Eternity and so on.

chema1994
Lieutenant General

Postby chema1994 » Mon 22 Sep 2014 20:15

I skipped E4 unfortunately. I hope that 5 will feature alien invasion mission as 2 did :3 That was always big strength of Emergency series... big things to do.

In that case you haven't missed much, EM4 is the same but with better mods... And if you wanna play the series again, skip Emergency 2012/2013/2014... the only good thing about that was the bluelight siren I got due to the collector edition :lol:

Mr0Buggy
Brigadier

Postby Mr0Buggy » Mon 22 Sep 2014 20:21

DF-9 is the last time I will support anything done by Double Fine until they un-frack themselves. Cult of Tim Schafer's persona as a genius developer can only take them so far, and I sincerely hope that they either will learn their lesson or they will crash and burn.

OpusTheFowl
General

Postby OpusTheFowl » Mon 22 Sep 2014 21:00

Mr0Buggy wrote:

DF-9 is the last time I will support anything done by Double Fine until they un-frack themselves. Cult of Tim Schafer's persona as a genius developer can only take them so far, and I sincerely hope that they either will learn their lesson or they will crash and burn.

Just removed DF9 from my wishlist... :(

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Mon 22 Sep 2014 22:40

Charming style... :|
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Mikeboy
General

Postby Mikeboy » Mon 22 Sep 2014 22:59

There is another early access game called the Spatials that seems similar to DF-9.

fatfluffycat
Major

Postby fatfluffycat » Tue 23 Sep 2014 00:56

Graphic wrote:
I've always wanted a sandbox game where you play a patrol officer, a normal guy in uniform with a hat and a labeled cop car with lights and sirens and everything.

Detectives get all the glory.

What about that GTA 4 mod?
How is possible? / Thread of the Year 2015

TankHunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby TankHunter » Tue 23 Sep 2014 03:43

I am really enjoying Destiny rn.
"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everybody else, and nobody was going to bomb them [. . .] They sowed the wind, and now, they are going to reap the whirlwind."

Return to “Off-Topic”