Games I am officially EXCITED about.

D-M

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby D-M » Thu 1 Jun 2017 15:10

Seems like a Life is Strange prequel in which you play as Rachel Amber (the girl that disapeared at the begining of LiS) is in pipeline :

https://imgur.com/a/0UGL0

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Fri 2 Jun 2017 21:54

So, DCS is working on a new damage model system. According to their newsletter, it will feature:
  • Increase of tracked damage variables from 30 to several hundred damage variables. This includes such variables as each airframe spars, engine components, fuel tanks, oil, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems, control surfaces, ammo boxes, etc.
  • All elements have unique durability values that are used calculate of bullet penetration into the structure
  • There will be no more statistical accumulation of damage, so for example, you can't tear off a wing by simply shooting at its tip
  • All elements can now be torn off by destroying their attachment points or airframe elements (wing spars for example)
  • Damage can be distributed from one element to another by fire
  • All liquids will flow out from holes, and this will result in decreasing effectiveness of hydraulic and pneumatic systems

If this gets finished and works properly, it will make DCS more accurate in many aspects than even Il-2.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

D-M

Postby D-M » Sun 4 Jun 2017 15:18

Soon.

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Sun 4 Jun 2017 15:21

EA just put up a new trailer for NFS Payback and I have to say, after the big joke that NFS 2015 was I thought I couldn't be more disappointed..

If they want to innovate the Need For Speed franchise then should turn towards a heavy emphasis on 'Normal' cars.. less Lamborghini and Ferrari with the most expensive cars being the Nissan GTR and Porsche 911.. Cars you'd expect to see at your average Saturday night car meet where all the local ricers and wannabe hotroders go and make it more like a real street racing vibe, grinding hard for parts to build up and customize your car, visual customizations of a wide variety to stand out amongst the crowd.. Large open world multiplayer servers.. it'd be kinda neat to meet up in some parking lot in the game, show off the paint scheme I spent 3 hrs working on, and then drive off together down the freeway to some desolate section of highway to drag race, I'd rather do that in a game then run the risk of another speeding ticket and getting my car impounded, I've spent more than my car is worth on the engine alone, I'd rather spend $60 and a couple hours instead

If I were to make an NFS game
Spoiler : :
Cars would be along the lines of
'88 Nissan Sentra
'92 Honda Accord
'89 Honda Civic
'88 Camaro Z28
'86 Ford Mustang
'94 Acura Integra
'96 Nissan Sentra
'98 Nissan Altima
'97 Honda Civic
'04 Honda Civic
'06 Scion TC
'06 Scion XB
'98 Acura Integra
'04 Acura RSX
'02 Subaru WRX
'02 BMW 320I
'98 Chevrolet Camara
'01 Ford Mustang
'69 Chevrolet Camaro
'72 Chevrolet Camaro
'08 Infiniti G35
'04 Cadillac Escalade
'98 Chevrolet Silverado
'89 Ford Bronco
'04 Toyota Tacoma

etc.

High End cars, or illegal/barely legal imports would be gift cars you earn throughis progression, or through limited time challenges, this is to cut down on there being a dozen R34 Nissan Skyline's in the same lobby, because everyone wants to be Paul Walker from 2Fast2Furious rather than there being a wider variety of cars
Ex. '97 Honda Civic Type R
'98 Toyota Supra
'93 Nissan Skyline GTR
'97 Nissan Stagea 260RS
'04 Holden Monaro
'87 Toyota Trueno

Customization would be vast, visual customization would be down to whatever is available to that particular car.. Visual customizations would also come down to custom body work done by you with a sort of mold tool (for a substantial price as custom work can get pretty pricey, I should know, they sell nothing aftermarket for my car, so I have to make it or jerry rig it all myself).. Performance customization would also be quite expanded with the ability to do engine swaps and do custom work like anti-lag system for your turbo (none of this straightforward S class, E Class, X Class performance upgrades they currently have)

Now I would have an online marketplace where users can put their cars on the marketplace, and sell them to other users.. say you see someone has a '98 Toyota Supra, and you don't have one, but you have 2 R34 Nissan's somehow, you could make that user an offer, or let's say they have an '88 Sentra, a cheap early unlock car, but you love the customization and performance uogrades that user has done ton the car and he's game to sell it, you can purchase it

Gameplay would be more about drag racing, point to point racing, and track racing.. while the game would be mostly about drag racing, there would be countless places to your car and race 'legally' drag strips, oval circuits, short tracks, and full fledged race circuits..

It would also be built more around large player count multiplayer servers with of course the ability to play the game on your own with AI opponents in a single player type experience, these servers would be accessible by a server browser where owners of said servers can set certain parameters that cater properly to that particular sub-community

Lastly it'd be a vast open world loosely based off Northern Los Angeles County, why there? Because the canyon roads, multiple race tracks, the middle of nowhere stretches of highway, dense city streets, and massive winding stretches of freeway

In the end, the game is more about having maybe one or two cars while you grind to make it perform better and most of all make it 'you'.. in the real world money is what make's a car fast.. if I had the money, my '87 Nissan Sentra would shit on a Bugatti Veyron any day of the week, so this game would be more about the real world of street racing and car customization

TL:DR
More like real life street racing scenes
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Sun 4 Jun 2017 17:18

D-M wrote:

Soon.

Ooo boy, that look's pretty damn neat!
I'll have to show that to a friend of mine too! He was a sonar tech with the USS Pintado from '90-'93, bet he'd find that pretty cool
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

Object199
Warrant Officer

Postby Object199 » Sun 4 Jun 2017 21:53

I dont want to open a new thread and this is the closest to a general video game thread, if you want to see a complete casual newbie playing SD with over 6k viewers, then look here:

https://www.twitch.tv/dansgaming / https://www.twitch.tv/videos/149501325

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Wed 7 Jun 2017 00:53

Well cold waters is now my new favorite title of 2017 so far. Its simmy as hell but simple and accessible.

Finished my first campaign. gonna start another one now.
Viker for ingen!

Tac Error
Captain

Postby Tac Error » Wed 7 Jun 2017 01:00

Wheras Dangerous Waters initially told me that submarine warfare was the worst subject matter for a video game whenever I played it over the years, Cold Waters has proven me wrong in that regard
SLONIK MARSHAL

"Large mechanized forces always defeat small mechanized forces." - M. N. Tukhachevsky

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Wed 7 Jun 2017 01:01

D-M wrote:

Soon.

Simple question, can i play as pact?
Of Salt

Tac Error
Captain

Postby Tac Error » Wed 7 Jun 2017 01:06

In plans as expansion or DLC; the devs' intent was to provide a spiritual successor to the old "Red Storm Rising" game from 1988 for the initial release
SLONIK MARSHAL

"Large mechanized forces always defeat small mechanized forces." - M. N. Tukhachevsky

Return to “Off-Topic”