Games I am officially EXCITED about.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby another505 » Fri 14 Jul 2017 04:59

Xeno426 wrote:
damoj wrote:you're missing out if you haven't gotten into it

I used to play Magic The Gathering. I've moved on from such games, though.

Come back and play EDH!!!!
Of Salt

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Fri 14 Jul 2017 05:25

another505 wrote:Come back and play EDH!!!!

What even is EDH? Elder Dragon Highlander? That's all I could find with "Magic EDH" as a search.

I know of commander mode, but I never played it because it showed up after I left. I played from Ice Age to Mercadian Masques. Had to quit to feed my computer gaming addiction.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

another505

Postby another505 » Fri 14 Jul 2017 05:29

Xeno426 wrote:
another505 wrote:Come back and play EDH!!!!

What even is EDH? Elder Dragon Highlander? That's all I could find with "Magic EDH" as a search.

I know of commander mode, but I never played it because it showed up after I left. I played from Ice Age to Mercadian Masques. Had to quit to feed my computer gaming addiction.

EDH is the origin of Commander. Is just WOTC had to patent the name that makes more sense.
Its the short form of saying commander.

I think Magic is more fun than computer, is just playing face to face with friends is just a whole different deal than facing the screen with friends.
Commander IS REAL FUN, got me back to Magic after i left in 2004. Casual multiplayer with friends, even strangers, is a blast of interactions. And the format saves money since cards don't rotate out, its an eternal format which means old cards that you were playing are still legal, and being casual multiplayer, you don't have to spend as much money to make top tier decks, even low tier decks can win fairly often with some luck and bargaining with players to target the tier 1 decks.
Of Salt

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Fri 14 Jul 2017 05:37

another505 wrote:I think Magic is more fun than computer, is just playing face to face with friends is just a whole different deal than facing the screen with friends.

Already have a couple games for that.
And
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Fri 14 Jul 2017 05:47

Xeno426 wrote:Image

I know it's dumb, but the positioning and body language make it look more like a petty squabble than a full on fight...

"Jesus Christ Thalaar, you almost killed him!"

"It was just a prank Thatcher, why you got to ruin EVERYTHING!?"

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Fri 14 Jul 2017 05:51

My irl friends exclusively play card games like yugioh, and pretty anything that involves cards like Dominion and Red Dragon Inn. Someone of us are trying to branch out and do things like Betrayal at House on the Hill. I have been wanting to pick up Axis and Allies, although my groups abuse of Risk has pretty much made some of the group sour toward anything that requires rolling dice. Not sure what their logic is since even card games have some layer of random when you shuffle your hand constantly like Dominion.
Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:

I know it's dumb, but the positioning and body language make it look more like a petty squabble than a full on fight...

Typical elves, always running away from a fight. No Honor, no courage, no spine, no beer! Also rip dnd, killed off because our friend George Lucas'd his campaign and made a bunch of people leave.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Fri 14 Jul 2017 05:57

Shrike wrote:Also rip dnd, killed off because our friend George Lucas'd his campaign and made a bunch of people leave.

Can't just say that without giving out the saucy details!

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Fri 14 Jul 2017 06:34

Shrike wrote:Also rip dnd, killed off because our friend George Lucas'd his campaign and made a bunch of people leave.

How about joining a different one?

another505

Postby another505 » Fri 14 Jul 2017 06:35

Shrike wrote:My irl friends exclusively play card games like yugioh, and pretty anything that involves cards like Dominion and Red Dragon Inn. Someone of us are trying to branch out and do things like Betrayal at House on the Hill. I have been wanting to pick up Axis and Allies, although my groups abuse of Risk has pretty much made some of the group sour toward anything that requires rolling dice. Not sure what their logic is since even card games have some layer of random when you shuffle your hand constantly like Dominion.

Typical elves, always running away from a fight. No Honor, no courage, no spine, no beer! Also rip dnd, killed off because our friend George Lucas'd his campaign and made a bunch of people leave.

I have huge salt with risk and even monopoly, my dice rolling skill is legendary bad for no reasons. There is a kid boardgame i played back grade four where you have to role a six to even begin so you can roll the dice like snake game, legit my friend beat me without me ever starting ........
Somehow im a lot better in catan since ppl rolls Could profit me
Of Salt

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Fri 14 Jul 2017 18:30

Can't just say that without giving out the saucy details!

So our party starts with a dwarf fighter, a elf monk who left his monastery after his master died from old age, and a evil warlock sun elf who probably the child of a servant and some noble. From there the DM gives us no information or hooks other than we were travelling on the ocean for a long time to help some people colonize a land that only they knew about. Upon reaching the shore, the DM gave the choice to pick which rowboat we wanted to take to shore as if we were to anticipate a sea monster battle, although nothing came of it.

On the boat we were introduced to an old sailor guy who doesn't adventure anymore because he is too old to fight and a half orc bard, not sure who was who at this point since the DM sort of merged them as characters. Upon reaching the shore we were tasked with scouting the woods to the west which was one of the few times we got to do stuff in the world. We a found a boar, but it got struck by a arrow from a black feather winged crow woman. She apparently spoke common and confronted us on where we came from. From here this is where the warlock starts turning into a stock pretentious and smug anime type girl and starts dominating most of the conversation for most of the campaign. The warlock says "we're from the shore, what's it to you!", which causes the crow woman to flee into the woods back to her village. The monk decides to case after here and slips off a mossy rock and falls into a shallow river. He then decides to crawl out and hide in some bushes. Eventually we regroup and take the dead boar with us home as a meal for the colonists landing ashore. However upon reaching the shore we greeted by a weird nature lady in our crew who wants us to join the crews cook and observe these bubbles coming out the sand.

However that was a mistake since a giant crab emerged out the ground to attack us and brought some hungry normal sized crabs with it. Upon my turn in combat I decided it would be a good idea to jump ontop on the crab and hit it with my hammer(I had no armor penalties at the time and it seemed like a good idea at the time). However I failed a dice roll and I fell off and killed a lesser crab with my weight alone. The fight goes on for another 10 minutes which results in no one dying except for the crabs. Enter the long cut scene. Basically we get healed by a cleric lady, nature tree hugger woman has vanished apparently, and the captain is apparently psychic. Both the cleric and the captain detect that the warlock may be up to no good, which causes the warlock to throw a tantrum and run into the woods with her talking stick. Three more players hop on discord and join us. A Halfling bard, a Halfling thief, and a gnome thief.

The crow people show up with an army of crow people and zombies and the colony only has 6 soldiers. At this point we have no interaction or say in what goes on from here. The crow chieftain speaks with the ships captain and basically tells us this is a display of force, stay on this side of the island and their will be no trouble. The cleric lady loses her shit and kills one of the zombies which angers the chieftain. The Chieftain was like "we will remember this, by the way you stole something from us.", and we return the boar which made dragging it back kind of pointless since we have giant crab to eat now. This scene lasted about an hour.

Captain is mad that the warlock in our group withheld some information about the encounter with the crow lady and exiles her because she has been nothing but trouble. Captain guy then tells us we don't have any fresh water left in the and decided to reveal this information now of all times. The crow people apparently fortified the river with zombies and 3 soldiers come back with one of them being wounded by a zombie. Cleric woman is mad about this and uses purges the undead on him. Warlock hasn't left yet and she along with the cleric are calling for blood shed. Then the woods Crazy nature lady comes back from wherever she went and tells us she spoke with a water goddess in a temple. So with a larger party we go off to the woods to meet with this goddess. The Halfling bard then disappears from the discord chat and hasn't returned to the campaign since then. We across some giant bird things on the beach which we decided to attack because they were in our way. I got bit by one of them and got petrified into stone. Warlock lady sort of lurks among the trees watching and decides not to help, but continues to dominate the chat. Birds are killed and the gnome guy drops out at this point.

Next session the dwarf turns back to flesh and we move on to the temple. Warlock runs ahead into the temple while the others had waited for me to turn back into flesh. Also some npc villager went in as well for no reason. Upon reaching the temple the warlock was nowhere to be seen and the water goddess wasn't pleased that we used her well to refill our water skins. So we were turned into water and woke up in a cave back in flesh form. We meet a new player who has been a long time a troll in our friend circle just sitting along a cave wall. We then spend 40 or so minutes disarming traps and collecting every knife and spear pressing every pressure plate over and over again because the kleptomaniacs in the group wanted them. Then meet up with the Warlock and came across a large cavern with a hole in the ceiling and a spiral stair case that had been broken near the top. After another 40 minutes we learn that there is no climbing out of the pit even though we know there hallway at the end of the opposite side of the pit. So we go there and across some skeletons of short dead people and a tunnel that branches off into three directions. One of which leads to frog people, goblins, and mushroom people and this leads to some more plot holes and more slow dialog. The monk guy eventually quits because the warlock dominated all the talking parts too much and the campaign has been on hiatus there.

I will say half of the issues are on us since we had the option to not waste a lot of time. There is also room for the DM to improve, although a lot already find his campaign too slow and boring. There is some hope for a 3rd run, but for now we are letting time pass.