Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 17 Jul 2017 21:00

I honestly don't know if the devs are genuine supporters of Putin or if this is supposed to be massive satire.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Tue 18 Jul 2017 08:00

D-M wrote:geez

http://store.steampowered.com/app/673290/EREFIA/

1014 of the birth of the Emperor. As a result of internal conflicts among the leaders of the barbarian clans, once a great empire received an opportunity to regain their ancestral lands. Thanks to the will of the inhabitants of border regions, the peninsula back into the empire. However, the land is not cleared by the savage forces, who are struggling to keep once they seized the territory.
You have been chosen by Emperor, to bring light to the land, establishing law and order. Sword and diplomacy you will be the will of the Emperor, punishing force savages light, freeing the countryside outside the village. Your sacred duty to eradicate this evil, to ensure the safety of the inhabitants of the empire.

Wow so subtle...

I might buy this for the lolz
Of Salt

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Fri 21 Jul 2017 00:01

what a way to send off Chester Bennington

D-M

Postby D-M » Fri 21 Jul 2017 02:03

And I thought shadow was the worst they could come up with...

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Sun 23 Jul 2017 19:12

Not sure how much shooters have pushed the bar in the last decade or so, but ARMA3 sure is impressive. Infantry can lean around corners, maps are amazing with huge scale and tons of types of cover&camouflage, and vehicles can be vehicles. Sorta like BF3 should have been, and none of this Bad Company disgrace.

I guess the title could just be more appealing to me with a broader versatility of gameplay and slower pace, generally I've gravitated a bit from serious shooters into casual-clicking strategy titles over the years. Nevertheless it's surprisingly close to your mainstream shooters and while the milsim end of things is certainly there you don't need to go that way if you don't want to... if your idea of fun is getting drunk and crashing one helicopter after the other then ARMA3 caters to you as well :P

varis wrote:Vehicles add to the fun and while the lineup is better than in say BF2 I somehow feel they did a better work with vehicle dynamics back in the day with that game, flying was quite fun back there even though dumbed down and arcadeish.

While infantry combat has a huge amount of detail and feeling of authenticy, vehicles are good too with just a few minor peevees. I guess one gets used to them - the helo flight models seem a bit wonky at first and they do float around a lot, but eventually flying is tons of fun. And with the interaction with infantry there is a deep well of possibility.

The heavy vehicles could feel a bit heavier, and amazingly nimble transport helicopters are the primary indication it's indeed the mid-2030's and not early 2020's like it feels like. IFVs/APCs don't seem to be prominent (there is a token selection of different types) for some weird reason.

If you're fond of regular mainstream shooters, the King of the Hill game mode is probably for you. Gameplay is similar to many conquest modes, just the huge maps mean the action is more about flanking and sneaking than shooting at a row of enemies. Hitting targets takes a lot of skill and thanks to the huge amount of cover you mostly just get a glimpse of the target and try to spray a few lucky shots. On the receiving side you just hear shots landing nearby until you die with just a vague idea where it came from. The feeling of realism has come a long way since BF2.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Tue 25 Jul 2017 17:48

So Harmony Gold is doing dubious lawsuit claims again.

Will they ever give up? They don't even own the IP to Macross/Robotech, nor did they make it.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 25 Jul 2017 18:47

Shrike wrote:Will they ever give up? They don't even own the IP to Macross/Robotech, nor did they make it.

Oh yeah, and the way the lawsuit is worded means they are suing the artists that did work for PGI, and if they win would effectively give them rights over all mecha.
But really, HG is a copyright troll. They argued that the ambiguous rights they had were worldwide, but luckily that judge was on the ball. Sadly, the one that ruled in favor of them having exclusive rights to distribute in North America wasn't.
Here's the court document for the current lawsuit. The funny thing is that while CGL—the guys currently licensed to make BattleTech stuff—are named as defendants, Topps (who owns BattleTech) is not named. Neither is Microsoft, who own the rights to MechWarrior. I would imagine that the sweeping scope of the lawsuit would make those two companies very keen to see the whole thing resolved in their favor or, more likely, have it settled out of court.

Sadly, CGL didn't answer summons and so the judged ruled them in default. :oops:

Some highlights from the examples in the document; HG couldn't even get good screencaps of PGI's work.

And these are considered the same...
That's right, the Atlas is also the old BattleTech Crusader.

The last time HG went to court, it was against Hasbro, who pretty much raked them over the coals. It was settled out of court, but with prejudice, which means HG can never again bring up those cases of copyright infringement against Hasbro ever again.
Last edited by Xeno426 on Tue 25 Jul 2017 21:06, edited 1 time in total.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Tue 25 Jul 2017 18:58

Hopefully HBG tears HG apart. I want Battletech to succeed and see a revival of various battletech franchises and series and possibly a real MechWarrior game that isn't that f2p game.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 25 Jul 2017 19:12

Shrike wrote:Hopefully HBG tears HG apart.

Unlikely, they're a small company with not much money. PGI (also named as a defendant) has more money. I don't know what's up with CGL, they might be fucked.

Rumor is that Sony payed HG $100 million to option a Robotech/Macross/something movie. So HG has money to burn, and all they really have to do is sit in court.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Tue 25 Jul 2017 19:17

Maybe, although there have been court cases where the lawsuit has worked in peoples favor because the one suing has a known history being super litigious.

Return to “Off-Topic”