Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 25 Jul 2017 19:27

Shrike wrote:Maybe, although there have been court cases where the lawsuit has worked in peoples favor because the one suing has a known history being super litigious.

To my knowledge, Washington has no anti-copyright troll laws.

It's kinda interesting that Harebrained is named throughout the document, even though all their designs come directly from PGI and MechWarrior Online.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Wed 26 Jul 2017 06:50

Xeno426 wrote:
Shrike wrote:Maybe, although there have been court cases where the lawsuit has worked in peoples favor because the one suing has a known history being super litigious.

To my knowledge, Washington has no anti-copyright troll laws.

It's kinda interesting that Harebrained is named throughout the document, even though all their designs come directly from PGI and MechWarrior Online.

Well, HBG could probably try to get a venue change.

Also since PGI is being sued as well, I magine Microsoft will probably step in since they still have the rights to Battletech.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Wed 26 Jul 2017 07:57

Shrike wrote:Well, HBG could probably try to get a venue change.

HBG is based in Seattle. Washington is the most appropriate location.

Shrike wrote:Also since PGI is being sued as well, I magine Microsoft will probably step in since they still have the rights to Battletech.

Microsoft owns MechWarrior. BattleTech is owned by Topps.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

D-M

Postby D-M » Sat 29 Jul 2017 16:41

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Sun 30 Jul 2017 21:22

At least the back story is believable and realistic, because if your main is pole dancing, it's easy to convert to nin-jutsu, kung-fu and street practical martial arts.

D-M

Postby D-M » Mon 31 Jul 2017 00:33

this looks pretty cool

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 1 Aug 2017 15:47

With Paradox finally announcing that they are overhauling the combat balance of Stellaris (naked corvette spam for dddaaayyss!), I started up a new game to refresh myself. Having a good time, crushing my enemies, bringing democracy to the heathens, you know, all that good 'Muriken stuff. Then suddenly...

aaawwww how cute! Oh wait, Awakened Empire, I'm so fucked. Guess I'll bend the knee, for now.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Tue 1 Aug 2017 23:21

Confucius say balance without design is void.

Or maybe it was Lao-Tse. But you get the idea.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Fri 4 Aug 2017 09:03

Fade2Gray wrote:With Paradox finally announcing that they are overhauling the combat balance of Stellaris (naked corvette spam for dddaaayyss!), I started up a new game to refresh myself. Having a good time, crushing my enemies, bringing democracy to the heathens, you know, all that good 'Muriken stuff. Then suddenly...

aaawwww how cute! Oh wait, Awakened Empire, I'm so fucked. Guess I'll bend the knee, for now.

Yes had that happen on my last iron man game all going well, friends with fallen empire it then awakens kills me and a load of others. I had a 21 tile gaia planet right next door as well. Just wish my I was good at building fleets

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 4 Aug 2017 18:11

Vulcan 607 wrote:Yes had that happen on my last iron man game all going well, friends with fallen empire it then awakens kills me and a load of others. I had a 21 tile gaia planet right next door as well. Just wish my I was good at building fleets

Well, I'm the thrall of this Awakened Empire for now, but not for much longer. The TyranidsPrethoryn Swarm has shown up, and my "merciful overlords" are not having a good time with them. They went from dominating about a quarter of the map to their original starting area, and the their home worlds are starting to get chewed on. For now they are making for a nice buffer between the Swarm and me.

Once their latest doomstack gets wiped, I'm rebelling. After that? Well, who knows how I'll do against the swarm....
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Return to “Off-Topic”