Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby Xeno426 » Sun 14 Jan 2018 02:12

CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Tac Error
Captain

Postby Tac Error » Sun 14 Jan 2018 04:22

Wars of Succession is coming out this month:
http://www.matrixgames.com/news/2482/Wa ... nuary.25th
SLONIK MARSHAL

"Large mechanized forces always defeat small mechanized forces." - M. N. Tukhachevsky

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 8 Feb 2018 08:59

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgNSeiK5hEQ

Looks pretty damned neat, I'm defintly keeping an eye out for this one.

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Sun 18 Feb 2018 04:01

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Shogun 2 has Fall of the Samurai which takes place during the 1868 Boshin war and is probably one of my favorite TW game.

Also one of my favorite announcement trailers ever...

It does get the point accross ;)

Somehow it reminded me of maybe the best game intro I've seen, from Mechwarrior 4: Vengeance:

(actually ends at 4 mins, the rest I think is from the campaign intro and already much more boring)

which is just terrific: moody, intense, immersive (and realistic, just about what you'd expect to happen in a real engagement), manly and introduces the setting etc. And maybe it's a bit campy on purpose, in the style of 1980's scifi which is the period where MW/Battletech originates from.

For trailers, we have the "I was there" trailer for Eve Online. When it comes to prime time PvP, unbelievably true to the actual feelings and even tactics used in gameplay - for a cinematic trailer:

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Sun 18 Feb 2018 04:42

The World in Conflict trailers and cut scences were pretty great.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sun 18 Feb 2018 09:36

varis wrote:Somehow it reminded me of maybe the best game intro I've seen, from Mechwarrior 4: Vengeance

It was a serious dip in quality from the previous game. Honestly, I knew the background of what was going on, and I still thought the dialog was pretty dumb.

Also, Clan mechs everywhere despite this being in the Inner Sphere. Yes, this is after Operation Bulldog, but they didn't bring home that many Clan mechs.

MechWarrior 3's intro was far more badass. Its campaign intro was also a lot better.

Or hell, the MechCommander intro is better and captures that moody atmosphere as well. It also features the first part of a full invasion of the Clan Smoke Jaguar occupation zone.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Mon 19 Feb 2018 20:13

Xeno426 wrote:

Or hell, the MechCommander intro is better and captures that moody atmosphere as well. It also features the first part of a full invasion of the Clan Smoke Jaguar occupation zone.

Quality stuff even with the slightly wooden acting. Recall seeing the MC intro before. Guess one reason why I like the MW4: Vengeance intro better is because of the acting, more intense, fluid and convincing.

Xeno426 wrote:
varis wrote:Somehow it reminded me of maybe the best game intro I've seen, from Mechwarrior 4: Vengeance

It was a serious dip in quality from the previous game. Honestly, I knew the background of what was going on, and I still thought the dialog was pretty dumb.

Oddly enough, I take the best game in the franchise is MW 2, but never got around to playing that. Even have the original game which I bought second hand.

D-M

Postby D-M » Wed 21 Feb 2018 21:07

Will be either okay or the shittiest CC game :
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/product.asp?gid=686

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 21 Feb 2018 22:49

Most Stellaris trailers are pretty yawn. This one though took me on a bit of a feels trip...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW3YB2ptGws
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Return to “Off-Topic”