Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Re: Games I am officially EXCITED about.

Postby Xeno426 » Fri 18 May 2018 20:11

I'm thoroughly enjoying PoE2. Classes seem to be a bit simpler, at least regarding the Druid, Priest and Wizard.

Shame about the Wizard, though. You no longer can collect spells from all over and put them into tomes; the tomes just act as "extra spells you know", since you learn spells on level up.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

D-M

Postby D-M » Wed 23 May 2018 22:33

Jesus Christ BFV, this looks like massive dieselpunk fortnite bullcrap instead of WW2.

Can't wait for the reeeee thought, this is going to be CoD WW2 times 30000

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Wed 23 May 2018 22:55

D-M wrote:Jesus Christ BFV, this looks like massive dieselpunk fortnite bullcrap instead of WW2.

I wasn't aware Square Enix was large supplier of ridiculous melee weapons in ww2. They might as well drop the "historically accurate" and "boots on the ground" excuse and just embrace the crazy and throw in battlemechs and tesla coils. Doubt it, but after BF1 sweden has much to answer for.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Wed 23 May 2018 23:57

Shrike wrote:
D-M wrote:Jesus Christ BFV, this looks like massive dieselpunk fortnite bullcrap instead of WW2.

I wasn't aware Square Enix was large supplier of ridiculous melee weapons in ww2. They might as well drop the "historically accurate" and "boots on the ground" excuse and just embrace the crazy and throw in battlemechs and tesla coils. Doubt it, but after BF1 sweden has much to answer for.

Battlefield: Red Alert.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Thu 24 May 2018 01:58

terrible trailer, think they wanted to highlight the customization but it should have been more subtle (eg showing a wide variety of character models rather than shoving cricket bats and katanas and claws in our face). however, details from the usual suspects who have had hands on are saying its a more serious/grounded/slow WW2 tone in the actual game, more tactical/somewhat more sim than any previous BF due to gunplay, interaction, and class mechanic changes. starting theaters are Scandinavia, Netherlands, France, and North Africa. they mentioned "Airborne" mode during stream but didnt talk about it, almost surely BR mode.

i'll remain cautiously optimistic and try to erase that abomination of a trailer from my mind.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Thu 24 May 2018 02:13

I'll be generally pessimistic because it's EA, and they learned nothing from Battlefront 2.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 24 May 2018 03:55

Honestly, BF1 was already pretty much in the realms of the absurd.

Space marines in bulletproof amour, carrying around GM-08's or flamthrowers like they were nothing. The vast majority of the army using weapons which were prejudiced in number small enough to count on one hand, speerman like pilots, Magic, auto-repairing Mark 3 tanks which would put modern day abrams to shame, etc...

At this point, BF would have to go to the point of absurd in order to appease it's fanbase, especially considering how tiered and trite WW2 theaters have become in a gaming sense....

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Thu 24 May 2018 08:10

Xeno426 wrote:
Shrike wrote:

Battlefield: Red Alert.

ACKNOWLEDGED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zd-ut114b4

Also it is key that a axis have a giant panzer ratte with a tesla coil

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Thu 24 May 2018 09:39

Shrike wrote:

:roll:

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Thu 24 May 2018 17:23

From my expirence, games that try to appeal to large crowd tend to die pretty quickly. Those super progressive types only get off by complaining about how games aren't inclusive enough or progressive enough and no matter how hard the devs try those people will find something to complain about anyway. Not to mention its a lost cause anyway since those people don't play video games to begin with.

I've already seen a ton of people write this off as the work of SJWs, and looking at some of the player models they will have a lot of complain about. What bugs me though is why didnt they just take the middle ground and include a female player model option, but give everyone the same uniform as they did in BF1942. Also that the player models take on the actual skin tones and races of the nations represented by each faction so that way there are no out of place black women on the japanese team, or japanese waifus on the italian team or soviet team.

Also whats wrong with regular uniforms anyway? Why all these cosmetics and mad max looking attire. If this was the game they wanted to make, why not just make some kind of alternate reality game with made up countries instead of trying to pass this off as some kind of "historically accurate boots of the ground experience". Also you don't need to be that inclusive, I cant think a of a single nation that would send someone in a wheel chair into the fight. There were probably partisans and geurilla fighters that have done so, but I can't think of any armies from the past that would have done so with the exceptions of some vikings lead by a boneless dude.

Return to “Off-Topic”