Gun control, thoughts?

Bryan
General

Gun control, thoughts?

Postby Bryan » Fri 2 May 2014 09:35

MOD-Edit: A zero tolerance policy is in place in this thread.

No more insults on any person or country, no more witty comments, no more disrespectful answers. Any offending posts will be deleted and offending users will be warned/banned.

A recent casual debate in school intrigued me to what people think about this very hot topic.

What do you think along the lines of:
FIREARM CONTROL
FIREARM LAWS
CONCEALED WEAPONS
SELF DEFENCE AND FIREARMS

To be certain, I will not make my opinion at this point as I would like to see the opinions of others.

Some things to think about.
"Everyone should have the right to own a firearm for self defence."

"More guns mean more violence."

What do you think? Please keep it civil. :P
Last edited by Oliver on Sun 4 May 2014 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Disclaimer added.

Romiros
That was soooo easy

Re: Gun control, thoughts?

Postby Romiros » Fri 2 May 2014 09:42

This is the price of freedom, like dead in car accidents is the price of freedom of personal movement. Some countries think that this price is too high.

Iris
Brigadier

Postby Iris » Fri 2 May 2014 10:06

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Fri 2 May 2014 10:12

Iris wrote:Image

That's nice and all, but that's not an explanation why.

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Postby Lord Helmchen » Fri 2 May 2014 10:18

I'm all in favour of being able do buy guns and stuff. Also to be allowed to get optics etc. Though I'm not quite sure about automatic weapons. If the country really gets attacked the state should give automatic weapons to people who are willing to defend the country.
But I think ppl who want to get guns should not have any previous conviction and should be tested by a psychologist.
Though EVERYONE should have the basic right to own a gun.

Iris
Brigadier

Postby Iris » Fri 2 May 2014 10:22

DoktorvonWer wrote:
Iris wrote:

That's nice and all, but that's not an explanation why.

Being necessary to the security of a free state.

Aikmofobi
Lieutenant

Postby Aikmofobi » Fri 2 May 2014 10:24

Iris wrote:Image

The key to that is "well regulated militia" and what you recognize as one.
Every man to himself with a gun in every home isn't one and the national guard is hardly a militia.
It's as if they wanted major cities or municipalities to have their own companies or regiments of soldiers loyal to their home, training together but not on government orders.

Am I making sense?

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 2 May 2014 10:25

I'm for authorising civilians to own "light guns" like pistols, revolvers, bolt action rifles, hunting rifles, man portable black powder guns (muskets, etc...) as well as the right to carry body armour. No automatic weapons, no weapons of a calibre strictly superior to .45 cal. No explosives.

The right to own those weapons has to be given after a short test for safety procedures, a background check for criminal record, and a psych test for violent behaviour or drunken behaviour.

The right will be revoked after a crime (whatever the offence, including drug dealing, drunk driving, money laundering, etc...) has been committed by the person and can never be given back. Can still own body armour.

The weapons can be concealed, but must be visible if you enter a public building.
In your home, you must have a safe in which to put your guns. Guns are engraved with the name of their owners and can't be sold or given without prior governmental approval.

I think with such a system would prevent many of the issues seen in the USA, while keeping the "freedom". The ban of all automatic weapons is to prevent "rampages".
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Fri 2 May 2014 10:53

Keeping Automatic weapons aside, how about the simple ownership of weapons? And if you support it, why?

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 2 May 2014 11:16

I don't really support it, I'm just not against it if it's well regulated and kept away from morons.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Return to “Off-Topic”