[Non-included nations] ROMANIA & BULGARIA

User avatar
[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 15276
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 13:31
Location: Paris, France.
Contact:

[Non-included nations] ROMANIA & BULGARIA

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Sat 3 May 2014 10:31

Due to this discussion, I have dugged out some old army lists made for ALB while we were thinking of the next instalment's setting: North, South ... or more Germany.

So, I'm posting here the early lists made then, to get an overall picture of what every considered country would look like. It is a quick/first draft, have been refined, completed, corrected, ... more thoroughfully later had the countries been selected.

Romania here. The document was in French, but it shouldn't be too problematic ...
Unfortunately, since the Southern Front was quickly dropped in favor of Scandinavia, Southern countries left over hadn't their plane selection made at that time.
Image
Image

I'm adding Bulgaria with it, for there isn't much original vehicle for that one. But for the BMP-23 & 30, only known stuff.
Image
Image

Babz
Specialist
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri 7 Feb 2014 15:08
Contact:

Re: [Non-included nations] ROMANIA & BULGARIA

Postby Babz » Sat 3 May 2014 10:44

Wait, PsZH IV = Panzer IV ? :o :oops:

User avatar
[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 15276
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 13:31
Location: Paris, France.
Contact:

Re: [Non-included nations] ROMANIA & BULGARIA

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Sat 3 May 2014 10:46

Babz wrote:Wait, PsZH IV = Panzer IV ? :o :oops:

No, it's a FUG, a Hungarian variant of BRDM-1 ... :D

Babz
Specialist
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri 7 Feb 2014 15:08
Contact:

Re: [Non-included nations] ROMANIA & BULGARIA

Postby Babz » Sat 3 May 2014 10:47

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Babz wrote:Wait, PsZH IV = Panzer IV ? :o :oops:

No, it's a FUG, a Hungarian variant of BRDM-1 ... :D


Awww. What an emotional rollercoster :oops:

Sevatar
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 749
Joined: Wed 29 May 2013 18:50
Contact:

Re: [Non-included nations] ROMANIA & BULGARIA

Postby Sevatar » Sat 3 May 2014 10:49

A recon Pz IV would have been great with bad optics and AV 4 or something. :lol:

User avatar
another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 13128
Joined: Sun 21 Jul 2013 05:18
Location: Hiatus
Contact:

Re: [Non-included nations] ROMANIA & BULGARIA

Postby another505 » Sat 3 May 2014 12:16

Romania could get tr-85m1 in RD and isu 152!!!!!!

that would be awesome!
Image
Of Salt

Bryan
General
Posts: 5993
Joined: Mon 7 Jan 2013 07:16
Contact:

Re: [Non-included nations] ROMANIA & BULGARIA

Postby Bryan » Sat 3 May 2014 13:16

We need RPGs with AP1 for Romania....

Well, it is historically the worst arms producing nation in WP.....

jmpveg22
Lieutenant
Posts: 1326
Joined: Fri 24 Aug 2012 12:37

Re: [Non-included nations] ROMANIA & BULGARIA

Postby jmpveg22 » Sat 3 May 2014 16:08

I think a southern and central Europe Wargame should be next. As an Expansion to Red Dragon or as a new game entirely.

Imagine...
-A new "Non aligned Faction" that can fight on any side it chooses... (but is also the weakest)
-A Massive dynamic campaign encompassing 50 maps across Europe and the Mediterranean. Dunkirk to Minsk scope and range for east to west.... Oslo to Sicily for north/south scope and range.
-New Nations (Greece, Italy, Turkey, Austria-Switzerland, Yugoslavia, Albania, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary)
-New Coalitions
*USSR
*WARSAW PACT CENTRAL (DDR, Czech, Poland)
*WARSAW PACT SOUTH (Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary)

*USA
*COMMONWEALTH
*EUROCORP (France, West Germany)
*MEDICOM (Greece, Turkey, Italy) would be a tenuous and uneasy relationship...

Non Alligned (Austria-Switzerland, Albania, Yugoslavia)
-Three Solid eras 1980-1985, 1985-1990, 1990-1995
-A firm Era setting and selection... in which prices and availability of units change (T-80Bs rare and expensive in 1985, but in 1991 era not as rare and cheaper). Also lower cost obsolete units in later eras come with experience penalty to prevent spam (as you would not put your best men in old units).
-A choice to customize and create your own Dynamic campaign settings, battlegroups, etc... then share the campaign with others.
-Coalition Based Navies... with at least 5 ships and 3 aircraft per Coalition. Some would naturally have more (USSR, USA)

I'd pay $50 for such an expansion... let alone if it was its own game.

User avatar
Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General
Posts: 6604
Joined: Fri 16 Mar 2012 11:40
Contact:

Re: [Non-included nations] ROMANIA & BULGARIA

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sat 3 May 2014 18:49

Spoiler : :
jmpveg22 wrote:I think a southern and central Europe Wargame should be next. As an Expansion to Red Dragon or as a new game entirely.

Imagine...
-A new "Non aligned Faction" that can fight on any side it chooses... (but is also the weakest)
-A Massive dynamic campaign encompassing 50 maps across Europe and the Mediterranean. Dunkirk to Minsk scope and range for east to west.... Oslo to Sicily for north/south scope and range.
-New Nations (Greece, Italy, Turkey, Austria-Switzerland, Yugoslavia, Albania, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary)
-New Coalitions
*USSR
*WARSAW PACT CENTRAL (DDR, Czech, Poland)
*WARSAW PACT SOUTH (Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary)

*USA
*COMMONWEALTH
*EUROCORP (France, West Germany)
*MEDICOM (Greece, Turkey, Italy) would be a tenuous and uneasy relationship...

Non Alligned (Austria-Switzerland, Albania, Yugoslavia)
-Three Solid eras 1980-1985, 1985-1990, 1990-1995
-A firm Era setting and selection... in which prices and availability of units change (T-80Bs rare and expensive in 1985, but in 1991 era not as rare and cheaper). Also lower cost obsolete units in later eras come with experience penalty to prevent spam (as you would not put your best men in old units).
-A choice to customize and create your own Dynamic campaign settings, battlegroups, etc... then share the campaign with others.
-Coalition Based Navies... with at least 5 ships and 3 aircraft per Coalition. Some would naturally have more (USSR, USA)

I'd pay $50 for such an expansion... let alone if it was its own game.


100% agree, I'd love to see a revisit to the Southern front of Europe some time!
Image

User avatar
icehawk308
Major
Posts: 1893
Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2012 20:32
Location: Cloud covered peaks of Toronto
Contact:

Re: [Non-included nations] ROMANIA & BULGARIA

Postby icehawk308 » Sun 4 May 2014 05:24

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
Spoiler : :
jmpveg22 wrote:I think a southern and central Europe Wargame should be next. As an Expansion to Red Dragon or as a new game entirely.

Imagine...
-A new "Non aligned Faction" that can fight on any side it chooses... (but is also the weakest)
-A Massive dynamic campaign encompassing 50 maps across Europe and the Mediterranean. Dunkirk to Minsk scope and range for east to west.... Oslo to Sicily for north/south scope and range.
-New Nations (Greece, Italy, Turkey, Austria-Switzerland, Yugoslavia, Albania, Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary)
-New Coalitions
*USSR
*WARSAW PACT CENTRAL (DDR, Czech, Poland)
*WARSAW PACT SOUTH (Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary)

*USA
*COMMONWEALTH
*EUROCORP (France, West Germany)
*MEDICOM (Greece, Turkey, Italy) would be a tenuous and uneasy relationship...

Non Alligned (Austria-Switzerland, Albania, Yugoslavia)
-Three Solid eras 1980-1985, 1985-1990, 1990-1995
-A firm Era setting and selection... in which prices and availability of units change (T-80Bs rare and expensive in 1985, but in 1991 era not as rare and cheaper). Also lower cost obsolete units in later eras come with experience penalty to prevent spam (as you would not put your best men in old units).
-A choice to customize and create your own Dynamic campaign settings, battlegroups, etc... then share the campaign with others.
-Coalition Based Navies... with at least 5 ships and 3 aircraft per Coalition. Some would naturally have more (USSR, USA)

I'd pay $50 for such an expansion... let alone if it was its own game.


100% agree, I'd love to see a revisit to the Southern front of Europe some time!



+10

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 44 guests