Wargame New Units and Authenticity

jonas165
Brigadier

Re: DLC units posted so far

Postby jonas165 » Wed 21 May 2014 11:10

T-80U wrote:9)No, it's too old, DLC is about new stuff, so expect SPW-80

IIRC there were never plans of the DDR to buy it, nor of the USSR to sell it.
Alpha release. Click signature for more

T-80U
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby T-80U » Wed 21 May 2014 11:13

jonas165 wrote:

It's just an example. I'm not sure about SPW-80 being in, thoug there are rumors about it. As for such unit i do not really see a problem, it just carries a bit more armor and off-road speed. If it was a 80A then it would be interesting thing.

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Wed 21 May 2014 11:16

T-80U wrote:
jonas165 wrote:

It's just an example. I'm not sure about SPW-80 being in, thoug there are rumors about it. As for such unit i do not really see a problem, it just carries a bit more armor and off-road speed. If it was a 80A then it would be interesting thing.

Production started 1994 in Russia/USSR, so quite unlikely for NSWP. I don´t want another NK-unicorn-Nation....

T-80U
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby T-80U » Wed 21 May 2014 11:18

jonas165 wrote:
Production started 1994 in Russia/USSR, so quite unlikely for NSWP. I don´t want another NK-unicorn-Nation....

IMO unicorn is when the unit is making the whole strategyu for a nation and is a must-have in deck. Chimera and T-90S are to be seen in every Commonwin and Reddrag decks, but i doubt a new BTR would make it to such popelarity.

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Wed 21 May 2014 11:24

T-80U wrote:
jonas165 wrote:

IMO unicorn is when the unit is making the whole strategyu for a nation and is a must-have in deck. Chimera and T-90S are to be seen in every Commonwin and Reddrag decks, but i doubt a new BTR would make it to such popelarity.

A unicorn for me is a unit that is not historicly justifiable, and the BTR-80A for NSWP certainly falls in this criteria. See, I want an authentic NSWP, not a competive-at-all-costs one. I am pretty sure the in-timeframe/planned-but-didn't Units NSWP will get will be suficient to make them stand against other coalitions.

BeyondNight
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby BeyondNight » Wed 21 May 2014 11:28

T-80U wrote:
jonas165 wrote:

Chimera is a must have... but in a Canadian Deck, the Commonwealth deck is much better off with the Challenger series.
Spoiler : :

T-80U
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby T-80U » Wed 21 May 2014 11:31

jonas165 wrote:
T-80U wrote:
jonas165 wrote:

A unicorn for me is a unit that is not historicly justifiable, and the BTR-80A for NSWP certainly falls in this criteria. See, I want an authentic NSWP, not a competive-at-all-costs one. I am pretty sure the in-timeframe/planned-but-didn't Units NSWP will get will be suficient to make them stand against other coalitions.

Autheticity is in as long as they all get a soviet-built units - they are all the same style, they have a clear line of improvement - they do not look white crow among others. And in the main point you are wrong. If coalition is not competitive - it won't be played(except the ones who like to be rolled over every game). And if it won't be played - why even bother making it?

BeyondNight wrote:Chimera is a must have... but in a Canadian Deck, the Commonwealth deck is much better off with the Challenger series.

You can take Chimera as vehicle, so it comes as addition to chally, not instead one.

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Wed 21 May 2014 11:45

T-80U wrote:Autheticity is in as long as they all get a soviet-built units - they are all the same style, they have a clear line of improvement - they do not look white crow among others. And in the main point you are wrong. If coalition is not competitive - it won't be played(except the ones who like to be rolled over every game). And if it won't be played - why even bother making it?

This might be your definition auf authenticy, mine is different. And a BTR-80A (of which I am fairly sure NSWP won´t get in RD) does not fit into this.
I never said I don´t want a competitive NSWP, I said I want a historicly accurate or at least thinkable NSWP. This doesn´t mean it can´t be competitive at the same time.

lmp
Sergeant Major

Postby lmp » Wed 21 May 2014 11:45

Custer85 wrote:- most common NSWP planes should be (in my opinon) Mig23, 27 and 29

The MiG-27 was never used by any of the NSWP countries...
Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:NEVA gonna give you up, NEVA gonna shoot you down, NEVA gonna turn around... And burn you!

NEVA gonna make you cry, NEVA gonna say goodbye, NEVA gonna have you fry, and hurt you...

Mr0Buggy
Brigadier

Re: Wargame New Units and Authenticity

Postby Mr0Buggy » Wed 21 May 2014 15:15

Be nice.

Return to “Off-Topic”