Islamic State/Coalition Bombing Mega Thread

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 10430
Joined: Sun 6 Nov 2011 01:00
Contact:

Re: Islamic State/Coalition Bombing Mega Thread

Postby ikalugin » Wed 30 Sep 2015 17:03

Sleksa wrote:
I don't think anyone's started any military operations against Assad, barring the US donating a generous amount of TOW's, radios, ammo and such to ISIS a few years ago.

Yes, plus US has avoided areas assigned to it's allies in the coalition for the fear of those same unfortunate accidents. The desire to avoid those was/is so great, that F22As are used to keep an eye on the battlespace and conduct some strikes.

Thus I see no reason for US to breach the Russian zone of air operations, especially if it is confined to Syria, as it's costs (US actions being illegal agression against Syria and in worst case scenario - Russia) outweight operational benefits of 1-2 strikes per day.
Image
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."
Image

User avatar
Fade2Gray
General
Posts: 8659
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 23:30
Location: IED proof in Iraq
Contact:

Re: Islamic State/Coalition Bombing Mega Thread

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 30 Sep 2015 17:12

Watching Brian Williams talk about this is amusing. I'm half hoping that he starts referring to his "experience" in talking about the bombings.


Image
Last edited by Fade2Gray on Wed 30 Sep 2015 17:15, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 10430
Joined: Sun 6 Nov 2011 01:00
Contact:

Re: Islamic State/Coalition Bombing Mega Thread

Postby ikalugin » Wed 30 Sep 2015 17:14

Fade2Gray wrote:Watching Brian Williams talk about this is amusing. I'm half hoping that he starts referring to his "experience" in talking about the bombings.

Who is Brian Williams and what is he saying?
Image
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."
Image

User avatar
rex88
Lieutenant
Posts: 1467
Joined: Sun 11 Jan 2015 12:18
Location: Land of Iced Cappuccino. Why buy a mattress anywhere else?
Contact:

Re: Islamic State/Coalition Bombing Mega Thread

Postby rex88 » Wed 30 Sep 2015 17:15

every power worth its salt is interested in reducing collisions. it is not a sign of weakness to come up with a code of conduct. these things should happen, can happen, have happeend. nor is it a sign of cowardice to fear a catastrophe.

advocating a catastrophe for fear of showing weakness is, well... ... ... ... ;)
Image
Thanks to kiheerSEDMAN for making this signature.

User avatar
Fade2Gray
General
Posts: 8659
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 23:30
Location: IED proof in Iraq
Contact:

Re: Islamic State/Coalition Bombing Mega Thread

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 30 Sep 2015 17:18

ikalugin wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:Watching Brian Williams talk about this is amusing. I'm half hoping that he starts referring to his "experience" in talking about the bombings.

Who is Brian Williams and what is he saying?


Recheck my post, as I just edited in a pic. Explains a bit more.

He is a source of endless amusement within the US military and veteran community.
Image
Image
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

User avatar
LoneRifle
Major-General
Posts: 3569
Joined: Wed 3 Jul 2013 17:11
Location: Cackalacky
Contact:

Re: Islamic State/Coalition Bombing Mega Thread

Postby LoneRifle » Wed 30 Sep 2015 17:24

ikalugin wrote:
Sleksa wrote:
I don't think anyone's started any military operations against Assad, barring the US donating a generous amount of TOW's, radios, ammo and such to ISIS a few years ago.

Yes, plus US has avoided areas assigned to it's allies in the coalition for the fear of those same unfortunate accidents. The desire to avoid those was/is so great, that F22As are used to keep an eye on the battlespace and conduct some strikes.

Thus I see no reason for US to breach the Russian zone of air operations, especially if it is confined to Syria, as it's costs (US actions being illegal agression against Syria and in worst case scenario - Russia) outweight operational benefits of 1-2 strikes per day.

The USA may not be directly shooting at Assad, but it is no secret we want him gone. The Israelis are actively shooting across their border at anyone they don't like. I suspect it's only a matter of time before someone shoots someone they were not supposed to.
Image

User avatar
Fade2Gray
General
Posts: 8659
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 23:30
Location: IED proof in Iraq
Contact:

Re: Islamic State/Coalition Bombing Mega Thread

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 30 Sep 2015 17:27

Oh boy, McCain is talking now...

all I hear is "Please ignore how Dubya massively destabilized the region and caused an explosion of extremism. Oh, and Obama is bad for following Dubya's timeline, never mind how he killed OBL. Oh, and I want to turn Syria into another Libya/Iraq."

I'm so glad he is not the POTUS.
.edit

Did I catch this right? All this rambling about leadership and strength and 'Murika but he is not for sending in a massive ground force? How... anti-climatic and not fitting with what he's talking about.
Image
Image
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

User avatar
frostypooky
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4334
Joined: Thu 1 Aug 2013 14:12
Contact:

Re: Islamic State/Coalition Bombing Mega Thread

Postby frostypooky » Wed 30 Sep 2015 19:08

Image

User avatar
Kolovrat
Lieutenant
Posts: 1051
Joined: Mon 29 Apr 2013 22:03
Contact:

Re: Islamic State/Coalition Bombing Mega Thread

Postby Kolovrat » Wed 30 Sep 2015 20:05

Russian Defence Ministry reported on destruction of IS command centers and supply bases in mountains

Spoiler : :
Image


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiA0JUdWR6M

DrRansom
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 2032
Joined: Sat 14 Jan 2012 18:22
Contact:

Re: Islamic State/Coalition Bombing Mega Thread

Postby DrRansom » Wed 30 Sep 2015 20:09

I'm touched by the Russian efforts to fight ISIS, by first attacking rebels who are opposed to Assad.

Granted, I'm of the opinion that ISIS is a boon to Assad and Iran, hence it's continued survival in the no-man's land between Shi'ite Iraq and coastal Syria.

As for the rest of Russia's intervention, SU-30s and Pantsyr-S1's are there to prevent western / Israeli intervention. Russia is moving to prop up Assad for the long run, ISIS is a convenient smoke-screen.

Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests