Islamic State/Coalition Bombing Mega Thread

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Re: Islamic State/Coalition Bombing Mega Thread

Postby Shrike » Sat 3 Oct 2015 03:34

Is that actually Hezbollah? Are they actually using the monkey model M1s we gave to Iraq?

Yakhont
Colonel

Postby Yakhont » Sat 3 Oct 2015 08:46

Shrike wrote:

Is that actually Hezbollah? Are they actually using the monkey model M1s we gave to Iraq?

Russia and Iran have been supportinfg Iraq against IS for the past year or so in the form of aircraft and artillery, but this is the first time I've seen Hezbollah. I thought they would be limited to Syria around Lebanon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUVmd0oWe98

I've heard that the reason the reticle was so interested in the hillside with little puffs of smoke was that it contained underground workshops for explosives. When bunker busters were used the magazines went off and smoke emerged from the small entrances into the hill side.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sat 3 Oct 2015 09:17

"Kata'ib Hezbollah is an Iranian backed Shia militia that operates against Sunni terrorists in Iraq. Although the group fought against the U.S. and other Western forces during OIF, the Hezbollah Brigades are now allied with Central Command through Multi-National Force – Iraq (MNF-I). Proving themselves to be somewhat more combat effective than actual Iraqi Military units, CENTCOM has allowed its arms and hardware to be dispersed into the ranks of its former enemy."

Sort of explains it.

SpeisCheese
Captain

Postby SpeisCheese » Sat 3 Oct 2015 12:05

I still don't understand something. Some years ago(before ISIS came into power)in an UN cpnference, China and Russia refused any intervention in Syria(or was it another country?). Now the Russian army is helping Syria, but what is Putin's real objective?

Kolovrat
Lieutenant

Postby Kolovrat » Sat 3 Oct 2015 12:53

SpeisCheese wrote:I still don't understand something. Some years ago(before ISIS came into power)in an UN cpnference, China and Russia refused any intervention in Syria(or was it another country?). Now the Russian army is helping Syria, but what is Putin's real objective?

Obviously, Russia and China didn't join coalition because intervention was intended to overthrow Assad, while we consider him the only legal ruler for the present and any anti-government intervention would have inevitably lead to the exact situation as in Lybia: islamic extremists would come to power. We don't want that and that's why we refuse to join US coalition and are trying forge a "coalition" of our own.

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby ikalugin » Sat 3 Oct 2015 13:49

SpeisCheese wrote:I still don't understand something. Some years ago(before ISIS came into power)in an UN cpnference, China and Russia refused any intervention in Syria(or was it another country?). Now the Russian army is helping Syria, but what is Putin's real objective?

We have blocked the attempts to bomb Assad the same way West bombed Lybia because we could see what happened in Lybia and because we were supporting (and still support) Assad. West still conducts air strikes in Syria illegaly, even though with good intentions (against ISIS) so we are not really against those.
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby ikalugin » Sat 3 Oct 2015 15:26

New footage.

Looks like we do around 20 sorties per day, meaning around ~7000 expected sorties for a year long campaighn.
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

SpeisCheese
Captain

Postby SpeisCheese » Sat 3 Oct 2015 15:42

ikalugin wrote:New footage.

Looks like we do around 20 sorties per day, meaning around ~7000 expected sorties for a year long campaighn.

Many Western countries are criticizing Russia's plan. Appearently, they are also bombing rebel bases. But Putin never claimed to ONLY bomb ISIS. Helping Assads government means to fight any resistance. I don't know if this is a good solution, but tensions between East and West scare me...

D-M

Postby D-M » Sat 3 Oct 2015 16:06

From the view point of the Russia administration, there is simply no distinction between FSA and the caliphate, it's just a magic trick to claim they are striking ISIS down while hacking at the weakened FSA when the attention is already on ISIS. Once the Syrian army will be done with the FSA, then it will be ISIS 's turn. After all ISIS already have its hands full with the Western bombing, Iran, Kurds and Irak.

Russia simply have nothing to win from letting the FSA run freely and everything to loose from the destruction of the Assad """"democratic"""" regime.
Last edited by D-M on Sat 3 Oct 2015 22:20, edited 1 time in total.

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Sat 3 Oct 2015 17:04

D-M wrote:From the view point of the Russia administration, there is simply no distinction between FSA and the caliphate

The Russian administration is not able to recognize its own soldiers when they are abroad so don't ask them to make such distinction. :mrgreen:

I wonder how the situation will develop in the coming weeks and months.

Return to “Off-Topic”