Islamic State/Coalition Bombing Mega Thread

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Islamic State/Coalition Bombing Mega Thread

Postby Mitchverr » Fri 23 Sep 2016 21:07

delfo wrote:But Charles II of Spain is off the hook ?

I studied the men before him. Cant say.

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Fri 23 Sep 2016 21:41

Mitchverr wrote:

I studied the men before him. Cant say.

He's nobility, royalty even. Hence not part of the peasantry.

zervostyrd
Lieutenant

Postby zervostyrd » Sat 24 Sep 2016 10:06

Given earlier posters stance, and the general adoration from the likeminded individuals for a certain Swedish king, Charles II of spain is off the hook big time for being royal.. :roll:

GBNATO
General

Postby GBNATO » Sun 25 Sep 2016 14:13

Mitchverr wrote:
GBNATO wrote:My goodness gracious, what's going on here chaps?

Just to play devils advocate, (not to defend the bombing of an aid convoy) arguably being armed would strip the convoy of any immunity it had.

https://twitter.com/mod_russia/status/778285528823332864

Thats like saying its cool to hit a UN building because the UN has armed guards..... :lol:

I dunno, the UN has an international mandate and very clearly marked troops and vehicles, As for Fade's point about self defense, that's fair enough but would you count a towed mortar as a defensive weapon?

Again I would like to stress that I think the Russians (if it was 100% them) are asshats. Another point that could be made is, it's an active war zone, you're gonna cross paths with combatants and armed vehicles, so the convoy just being seen in proximity to rebels does not necessitate an airstrike with large UNGUIDED fragmentation bombs.

I mean for christ sake, if you're going to hit a sensitive target in a built up area, at least have the decency to make it as accurate as possible to cut down on collateral.

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Sun 25 Sep 2016 18:24

GBNATO wrote:
Mitchverr wrote:
GBNATO wrote:My goodness gracious, what's going on here chaps?

Just to play devils advocate, (not to defend the bombing of an aid convoy) arguably being armed would strip the convoy of any immunity it had.

https://twitter.com/mod_russia/status/778285528823332864

Thats like saying its cool to hit a UN building because the UN has armed guards..... :lol:

I dunno, the UN has an international mandate and very clearly marked troops and vehicles, As for Fade's point about self defense, that's fair enough but would you count a towed mortar as a defensive weapon?

Again I would like to stress that I think the Russians (if it was 100% them) are asshats. Another point that could be made is, it's an active war zone, you're gonna cross paths with combatants and armed vehicles, so the convoy just being seen in proximity to rebels does not necessitate an airstrike with large UNGUIDED fragmentation bombs.

I mean for christ sake, if you're going to hit a sensitive target in a built up area, at least have the decency to make it as accurate as possible to cut down on collateral.

The convoy passed both NDF( Regime ) and Fatah Halab checkpoints. Furthermore it was bombed along with the warehouse it was picking up supplies from. So the point about armed vehicles running next to it was kind of mute. The warehouse was a stationary target but it didn't matter to any one.

The Russian VVS did it undeniably at this point. That was followed by Churkov ( ask me what his name means in Bulgarian if чура is a way to say willy, the willy in one's pants ) praising Assad's use of restraiint in the past few days ( over 600 dead, 120 childred 94 women included )

D-M

Postby D-M » Sun 25 Sep 2016 18:29

So, at one point an unidentified truck towing a mortar may have passed by the convoy ?

Sounds like the MoD is trolling hard to justify this shit.

Mike

Postby Mike » Sun 25 Sep 2016 21:31

D-M wrote:So, at one point an unidentified truck towing a mortar may have passed by the convoy ?

So that was the truck they were following in the video? Random vehicle = heavily armed convoy headed to destory all of Syria.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Postby Admiral Piett » Sun 25 Sep 2016 21:38

Yeah, as far as I know, it was an unrelated truck passing the convoy several hours before the actual attack. Even if the UN aid convoy was armed, I think they could do better than a fucking pick-up truck towing what looks like some MLRS or other ghetto-towed weapon of little use if the convoy was attacked.

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Sun 25 Sep 2016 22:16

Mike wrote:
D-M wrote:So, at one point an unidentified truck towing a mortar may have passed by the convoy ?

So that was the truck they were following in the video? Random vehicle = heavily armed convoy headed to destory all of Syria.

And it could also be an Assad owned vehicle. It's in that area between checkpoints.

Mike

Postby Mike » Mon 26 Sep 2016 05:39

delfo wrote:
Mike wrote:

And it could also be an Assad owned vehicle. It's in that area between checkpoints.

Stay classy Russia.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Return to “Off-Topic”