Page 2 of 6

Re: Prometheus \o/

Posted: Sun 15 Apr 2012 21:05
by Panzerspahwagen85
Alot of people are angry over the trailers for prometheus because they are riddled with spoilers. See all the current official ones and you might aswell not bother with the movie.

Re: Prometheus \o/

Posted: Mon 16 Apr 2012 03:18
by Xeno426
Panzerspahwagen85 wrote:Alot of people are angry over the trailers for prometheus because they are riddled with spoilers. See all the current official ones and you might aswell not bother with the movie.

Gotta wonder if Mr. Scott had any say in how those trailers were cut. The original trailers for ALIEN were good; they didn't give away anything, but they maintained the proper atmosphere. I'm inclined to think "no", as it's likely more in the hands of marketing.
So many trailers these days give away too much of the movie, and in many comedies they show the funniest bits.

Pixelchaser wrote:i could not play the first AvP game. it literally gave me a nervous disposition. i would try play, get overcome with so much fear that my whole body would tingle. and well id run out the room, that was in `99. sounds silly but any game that has creatures that move faster than i can react gives me the willies. It realy does. after that i "tried" half life 2. but them spider things did the same.

I was never able to play through the entire SP campaign for the same reason. The way the aliens move around the maps at random and on their own, combined with the random spawning on the maps, made for a very scary atmosphere; you never knew what direction the threat was going to come from. I did make it all the way through the Alien levels, though, primarily because I was the monster lurking in the darkness. :mrgreen:
I remember my friend's mom being physically unable to watch me play as the alien, because all the wall-crawling would make her sick.

Re: Prometheus \o/

Posted: Mon 16 Apr 2012 03:30
by Kovlovsky
Xeno426 wrote:
Pixelchaser wrote:i could not play the first AvP game. it literally gave me a nervous disposition. i would try play, get overcome with so much fear that my whole body would tingle. and well id run out the room, that was in `99. sounds silly but any game that has creatures that move faster than i can react gives me the willies. It realy does. after that i "tried" half life 2. but them spider things did the same.

I was never able to play through the entire SP campaign for the same reason. The way the aliens move around the maps at random and on their own, combined with the random spawning on the maps, made for a very scary atmosphere; you never knew what direction the threat was going to come from. I did make it all the way through the Alien levels, though, primarily because I was the monster lurking in the darkness. :mrgreen:
I remember my friend's mom being physically unable to watch me play as the alien, because all the wall-crawling would make her sick.


In the first AvP game, the alien was so fast that I was forced to play with the walking key always activated when I was climbing the walls. If I didn't do it, I often lost myself or became dizzy :mrgreen: . The first and the second games had great atmosphere, It was a stressful, but great experience. It was also very fun in multiplayer and I really loved to play all the races in them. The only thing I missed in the second game was the coop mode when you were fighting against AI aliens, it was very fun back in the first game. My friend and me really loved to play in the "Stranded" map. We barricaded us in the bunker and tried desperatly to fight off the aliens. It was actually a trap, but it was great fun. I'm so nostlagic right now. :D

Re: Prometheus \o/

Posted: Thu 19 Apr 2012 12:46
by Pixelchaser

Re: Prometheus \o/

Posted: Thu 19 Apr 2012 13:39
by Romiros
Pixelchaser wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOOJl5lWNfM

Robot named "David"? No, thanks, I've got one before.
Image

Re: Prometheus \o/

Posted: Fri 20 Apr 2012 14:50
by Pixelchaser
Romiros wrote:
Pixelchaser wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOOJl5lWNfM

Robot named "David"? No, thanks, I've got one before.


i dont get it ? but nice derail. great work there.

Re: Prometheus \o/

Posted: Fri 20 Apr 2012 22:47
by Romiros
Pixelchaser wrote:
Romiros wrote:
Pixelchaser wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOOJl5lWNfM

Robot named "David"? No, thanks, I've got one before.


i dont get it ? but nice derail. great work there.

Search for novel Second Variety or movie Screamers. It's classic of sci-fi.

Re: Prometheus \o/

Posted: Fri 20 Apr 2012 23:33
by [EUG]MadMat
Romiros wrote:or movie Screamers. It's classic of sci-fi.

"Planète hurlante" in French ...

Image

Re: Prometheus \o/

Posted: Sat 21 Apr 2012 01:20
by Swift
I am a fan of Alien vs Predator and indeed all sci-fi, but I'm afraid for me that the word "prometheus" will always remind me of the USS Prometheus, a starfleet prototype assault vessel - Star Trek universe! :D

Image

Re: Prometheus \o/

Posted: Sat 21 Apr 2012 06:30
by Romiros
Still, idea of space ship Prometheus is liberal and unrealistic. We all watched Star Track and Babylon 5, we all know what "Gunboat diplomacy" is, we all remember how may weapon Enterprise had. If somebody don't remember - he had a lot.