Hypothetic Conflicts! Why not bring some Ideas?

Coronel Etilo
Corporal

Hypothetic Conflicts! Why not bring some Ideas?

Postby Coronel Etilo » Tue 7 Oct 2014 17:20

Hey, I have a suggestion: why not take some serious ideas for Hypothetical Conflicts in Wargame timeline?

If some of you want, we could open different topics: Central Europe 1970's, Southern Europe 1980's, as example.

Each Hypothetical Conflict needs to have:

- A valid time frame
- Principal and possible countries intervening
- Possible combat zone (this classify the topic where we submit the conflict)
- Posible military units that may intervene and the equipment
- Posible developments
- Objectives
- A good story to tell!!

What you think???
Last edited by orcbuster on Tue 7 Oct 2014 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: made some spelling corrections
[url]i.imgur.com/JHGxja4.png[/url]

Centurion
Sergeant First-Class

Re: Hypothetic Conflicts! Why not bring some Ideas?

Postby Centurion » Tue 7 Oct 2014 17:35

Because I'm in a kind mood, I won't say 2nd Falkland War.

Russo-Chinese border war
1992 or 1993

As the USSR collapses China decides to take some land off the Ruskies since they're weakened. They go for Vladivostok to prevent another capitalist power being in the Pacific which would greatly harm their power.

Initally starts as the Russians fighting communist fighters made up of Soviet vehicles and PACT infantry. China then rolls in.

Russia faces the entirety of Redfor.
Russia starts solo with a small force, soon backed by the US because the possible threat of the restoration of the USSR and maybe some other peeps to help like the South Koreans and no French.

This would be glorious, the first time since Wasteland that NATO and PACT fought together.
"...In their Centurions, the 8th Hussars have evolved a new type of tank warfare. They taught us that anywhere a tank can go, is tank country: even the tops of mountains."

Ripa' Moramee
Master Sergeant

Postby Ripa' Moramee » Tue 7 Oct 2014 17:49

Centurion wrote:Because I'm in a kind mood, I won't say 2nd Falkland War.

Russo-Chinese border war
1992 or 1993

As the USSR collapses China decides to take some land off the Ruskies since they're weakened. They go for Vladivostok to prevent another capitalist power being in the Pacific which would greatly harm their power.

Initally starts as the Russians fighting communist fighters made up of Soviet vehicles and PACT infantry. China then rolls in.

Russia starts solo with a small force, soon backed by the US because the possible threat of the restoration of the USSR and maybe some other peeps to help like the South Koreans and no French.

This would be glorious, the first time since Wasteland that NATO and PACT fought together.

This campaign sounds like a helluva lot of fun!
I live for the flame war

Coronel Etilo
Corporal

Postby Coronel Etilo » Tue 7 Oct 2014 17:50

Centurion wrote:Because I'm in a kind mood, I won't say 2nd Falkland War.

Russo-Chinese border war
1992 or 1993

About the idea, it's a good one, Tom Clancy's "Bear and the Dragon" tells a war between this two giants. In another book, "Executive Orders" he writes about a war between Japan and USA.

About the reference to Malvinas, do you think it's neccesary? The good thing about Wargame series is not touching some pain - real life succeses. In Argentina, Malvinas islands are a national cause. But, if anymore thinks a 2nd War in Malvinas (Falklands) was possible, meybe would be setted in the 80's, possible between 1988 and 1990.
[url]i.imgur.com/JHGxja4.png[/url]

Centurion
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Centurion » Tue 7 Oct 2014 17:54

Coronel Etilo wrote:About the idea, it's a good one, Tom Clancy's "Bear and the Dragon" tells a war between this two giants. In another book, "Executive Orders" he writes about a war between Japan and USA.

I just thought how best to make a campaign where blue and redfor fight together.

Coronel Etilo wrote:About the reference to Malvinas, do you think it's neccesary? The good thing about Wargame series is not touching some pain - real life succeses. In Argentina, Malvinas islands are a national cause. But, if anymore thinks a 2nd War in Malvinas (Falklands) was possible, meybe would be setted in the 80's, possible between 1988 and 1990.

If there was, it'd have to be during the 2KW campaign and be the worst thing imaginable.
"...In their Centurions, the 8th Hussars have evolved a new type of tank warfare. They taught us that anywhere a tank can go, is tank country: even the tops of mountains."

Broth3r
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Broth3r » Tue 7 Oct 2014 18:02

Portugal invades the UK in retribution for a bad batch of beef. Zézé Camarinha is proclaimed King Macho Supreme of the United Kingdom and declares as his first act fish shall be accompanied by rice or boiled potatoes and NEVER fries.

Centurion
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Centurion » Tue 7 Oct 2014 18:06

Broth3r wrote:Portugal invades the UK in retribution for a bad batch of beef. Zézé Camarinha is proclaimed King Macho Supreme of the United Kingdom and declares as his first act fish shall be accompanied by rice or boiled potatoes and NEVER fries.

Treaty of Windsor.

HetJamesfield
Sergeant First-Class

Postby HetJamesfield » Tue 7 Oct 2014 18:40

Finish Winter War 2.

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Tue 7 Oct 2014 18:41

A war with Spain over Gibraltar could be set anytime
A flight of Spanish typhoons were messing with a plane on final approach a couple of weeks ago.

Greece vs Turkey in Cyprus the UK is stuck in the middle and must hold both off could be any date really.

Lockabie Bombing the US and UK invade Libya in retaliation

Sgt. Alex
First Sergeant

Postby Sgt. Alex » Tue 7 Oct 2014 18:53

Coronel Etilo wrote:About the reference to Malvinas, do you think it's neccesary? The good thing about Wargame series is not touching some pain - real life succeses. In Argentina, Malvinas islands are a national cause. But, if anymore thinks a 2nd War in Malvinas (Falklands) was possible, meybe would be setted in the 80's, possible between 1988 and 1990.

Apparently some of my fellow countrymen think license plates are worth stoning people over.

Then again, if we didn't take them in '82 we sure as hell had no chance later, and that's without the 30-odd years of disrepair our Armed Forces have accumulated since then.

I'd be all up for Argentina being added to the roster of playable countries though.

Return to “Off-Topic”