Wargame Red Dragon - is the series now over?

Regnar
Lieutenant

Re: Wargame Red Dragon - is the series now over?

Postby Regnar » Wed 15 Oct 2014 17:49

If your community manager is unable (or unwilling) to separate the people who want to improve the game from the whiners, you need a new community manager.

Fistoblitzkrieg
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Fistoblitzkrieg » Wed 15 Oct 2014 17:51

Regnar wrote:Being fed up with your.customers is terrible business practice.

Unless of course you don't care about your customers...

Yeah, I never got why they let the vocal minority speak for the majority. IE UGBEAR... Seems like a convenient excuse.

Sunshine wrote:Right... cause EUG obviously doesn't give a crap about anything or anyone here... :roll:
It amazes me how delusional some people can be.
While not everything is perfect here and I too cringe at some of their decisions, it is always easy to judge and especially in a completely rude, deconstructive and useless manner (most of the complaint/suggestion threads are in this category, or would anyone deny this?).

The actually helpful/useful threads with good suggestions, delivered in a respectful way are rare.

And if you do and do and do, but all you get is "EUG why this, EUG why that mimimi", I could understand that some frustration is building up.

Now, excuse me for being able to understand both sides of this... :roll:

Biggest problem is sweeping issues under the rug, refusing to even acknowledge they exist, and generalizations that make everyone guilty by association of thought. I definitely agree there are problems on both sides but Eugen employees should not be held to the same standard as random forum posters.

Darkstar387
Warrant Officer

Postby Darkstar387 » Wed 15 Oct 2014 18:51

I love this series, and I'd gladly pay $60 plus change for DLC, but I highly doubt this series will get another installment.
For one, its clear Eugen wants to work on other projects.
Secondly, no company should make more than 3 games on the same engine. Hold your fire, Call of Duty fans.
And lastly, this community is pretty ungrateful as a whole, and there isn't anything Eugen can give it to satisfy it.

All the DLC's were free, and the game itself was sold at a discount to pretty much everybody. Despite this, the amount of whine about this game was astounding. Granted, RD certainly had its growing pains, but if were developer I certainly wouldn't want to make games for us.

Minenfeld!
Master Sergeant

Postby Minenfeld! » Wed 15 Oct 2014 19:03

Regnar wrote:Being fed up with your customers is terrible business practice.

Unless of course you don't care about your customers...

[quote=Minenfeld!]All Eugen needs to do to make Wargame a better series is to define parameters for unit inclusion and not deviate from it. Enough flexible unit logic and soft inclusion dates for prototypes.

No. Arbitrary rules on what belongs in the game are how we got in this mess. The only rule that means anything should be that of gameplay. Think ahead of time about exactly what you want to achieve and only add units that fit this.[/quote]

That's what I meant. If they stuck to their original vision, we'd not have the Patriot and prototype creep like we do now.

Fistoblitzkrieg
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Fistoblitzkrieg » Wed 15 Oct 2014 19:18

Darkstar387 wrote:I love this series, and I'd gladly pay $60 plus change for DLC, but I highly doubt this series will get another installment.
For one, its clear Eugen wants to work on other projects.
Secondly, no company should make more than 3 games on the same engine. Hold your fire, Call of Duty fans.
And lastly, this community is pretty ungrateful as a whole, and there isn't anything Eugen can give it to satisfy it.

All the DLC's were free, and the game itself was sold at a discount to pretty much everybody. Despite this, the amount of whine about this game was astounding. Granted, RD certainly had its growing pains, but if were developer I certainly wouldn't want to make games for us.

Generalizations
Check
Whiners
Check
Apologist
Check

So if I punch you in the face and then give you five dollars you have no right to complain about it? One "gift" doesn't make up for a "slight". You may say anti ship launchers are great, I say it doesn't change anything because it does not change the underlying issues with naval. Do I like WarGame a lot? Definitely. Should I accept everything as it is because of this? No way. As I said before, I think it's easier to criticize and find problems with something you're passionate about, and believe it or not some people want to fix things they seem broken in the game and not just hurt Eugens feelings.

Edit: Also IRISZOOM is used on R.U.S.E. and Act of Aggression...

Regnar
Lieutenant

Postby Regnar » Wed 15 Oct 2014 19:28

Darkstar387 wrote:And lastly, this community is pretty ungrateful as a whole, and there isn't anything Eugen can give it to satisfy it.

I wasn't aware that sending Eugen 120 of my hard-earned dollars in the space of two years and then daring to go on the forums and suggest how they can improve their product makes me ungrateful.

bin.zwieda
Second-Lieutenant

Postby bin.zwieda » Wed 15 Oct 2014 19:54

Regnar wrote:If your community manager is unable (or unwilling) to separate the people who want to improve the game from the whiners, you need a new community manager.

i need to ask you soon, if it´s ok, to quote this within a signature.
purely hypotothetical, of course...
:lol:

hanspeter_schnitzel
Command Sergeant Major

Postby hanspeter_schnitzel » Wed 15 Oct 2014 20:00

One that would make Wargame better is perhaps not focusing on 1980 in particular, but simply focusing on a way tighter timeframe. I mean, there's nothing great about having hundreds of units from 1975-2000 if most of them are simply not useable, due to the fact that IRL that were simply outdated and replaced by upgraded versions.
A new Wargame should focus on a timeframe of about 5 years, that is allowed to expand perhaps 5 years into every direction, just in case a nation happens to receive a new weapon system (That it direly needs in order to be balanced and viable) a few years prior or after the 5 year timeframe. That would also allow the devs to focus more on fewer units, thus balance them better and take better care of correct models and abilities. Also, never try naval again please. Tiny river boats and such are okay, but frigates? Wargame just doesn't have the scale for that.
Custom aircraft loadouts.. that would be beautiful. Features like this and engine fchanges could also receive more attention if Eugen doesn't have to work on a huge timeframe.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Wed 15 Oct 2014 21:46

It's not that people complain about the faults, it's in the manner that some do it. People that make constructive arguments and point out parts of the game that are flawed courtesy are appreciated by Eugen I'm sure. It's the people that come up on the fourms, in half broken English, calling Eugen pieces of crap, and demanding that the entire game be in their vision by tomorrow or they're cutting down the Eiffel Tower that make a bad name for the people on here. Some of us just want a good game to play in our spare time, others just wanna be pricks.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Sunshine
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sunshine » Wed 15 Oct 2014 21:55

Mike wrote:It's not that people complain about the faults, it's in the manner that some do it. People that make constructive arguments and point out parts of the game that are flawed courtesy are appreciated by Eugen I'm sure. It's the people that come up on the fourms, in half broken English, calling Eugen pieces of crap, and demanding that the entire game be in their vision by tomorrow or they're cutting down the Eiffel Tower that make a bad name for the people on here. Some of us just want a good game to play in our spare time, others just wanna be pricks.

Exactly this.
Sponsored by italic & German superiority.

Return to “Off-Topic”