Combat Mission - Black Sea

Tiera
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Combat Mission - Black Sea

Postby Tiera » Mon 5 Jan 2015 21:33

Shrike wrote:Works for the Austrians

And the Israelis.
Greenish standard uniform + portable IR camo net.
It's a bit similar solution to the Zeltbahn clothes of the WW2 Heer.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Mon 5 Jan 2015 23:36

"THIS MISSION WASNT REALISTIC!" sentiment appears suddenly when Abrams show up and shoot stuff.

Oh lawdy :roll:

SKLKNKR
Brigadier

Postby SKLKNKR » Fri 9 Jan 2015 01:29

Most plane/chopper loadouts look like crap... :?
Spoiler : :
ImageImageImageImage

Thanks to F-22 for the avatar and Iris for the signature

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Fri 9 Jan 2015 12:09

SKLKNKR wrote:Most plane/chopper loadouts look like crap... :?

It's tolerable here since the game is based around company-level tactical groups.

SKLKNKR
Brigadier

Postby SKLKNKR » Fri 9 Jan 2015 16:43

BTR wrote:It's tolerable here since the game is based around company-level tactical groups.

I think there are too many airframes. There's no reason both the D and E Apaches need to be in, and why do the Russians have two Hinds and both the Mi-28N and Ka-52?

Some Su-25 loadouts use only four pylons, which would make sense if this was the currect Ukraine conflict but not the stand up war we see in the game. If it was an issue with thing rolling in and causing havoc, why have fully loaded stuff in the game? And if that is really the issue, why not have a list of "attack runs" you want the airframe to preform much like the artilleries harassment list? If your aircraft has ammo for 6 runs but you call him off after 2, why not put him in a loiter pattern and give him a shorter call in time next time you want him?

Sorry to rant, I know this isn't a big aspect of the game but it seems to me like it could be done much better.
ImageImageImageImage

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Sun 11 Jan 2015 00:12

SKLKNKR wrote:
BTR wrote:It's tolerable here since the game is based around company-level tactical groups.

I think there are too many airframes. There's no reason both the D and E Apaches need to be in, and why do the Russians have two Hinds and both the Mi-28N and Ka-52?

Some Su-25 loadouts use only four pylons, which would make sense if this was the currect Ukraine conflict but not the stand up war we see in the game. If it was an issue with thing rolling in and causing havoc, why have fully loaded stuff in the game? And if that is really the issue, why not have a list of "attack runs" you want the airframe to preform much like the artilleries harassment list? If your aircraft has ammo for 6 runs but you call him off after 2, why not put him in a loiter pattern and give him a shorter call in time next time you want him?

Sorry to rant, I know this isn't a big aspect of the game but it seems to me like it could be done much better.

So many airframes are in because it takes almost no development time to implement them. They take no modelling, only scripting, so they can pile on as many as they like to their list. ;)

SKLKNKR
Brigadier

Postby SKLKNKR » Sun 11 Jan 2015 03:57

I know, but a Hind with two ATGMs? Seriously?
ImageImageImageImage

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Sun 11 Jan 2015 04:17

I guess Wargame has beat Combat Mission in realism in terms of Hind load out capacity.

thehitcher
Master Sergeant

Postby thehitcher » Sun 11 Jan 2015 04:28

I guess Wargame has beat Combat Mission in realism in terms of Hind load out capacity.

Que?

The AH-64s are also at first glance is also short some ATGMs. I think it might be a design feature to simulate the reduced time on station a helicopter might have as a result of being in a high threat environment.

Also historically the amount of carried ammo on vehicles related to your supply count in CMSF and such. Perhaps that now carries to aviation.
Eels up inside ya, finding an entrance where they can!

Tiera
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tiera » Sun 11 Jan 2015 17:43

On a conventional conflict I highly doubt that gunships and aircraft would sortie out with the same full loadouts as in an asymmetrical war like Afghanistan. Taking a Hind against Nato first-line air defences (or an Apache against their Russian equivalents) is a really high risk in my books. Therefore I doubt the choppers would have the luxury to loiter in the battlefield, and they would instead pop in for a quick firemissions and then break off from contact again.

Return to “Off-Topic”