Combat Mission - Black Sea

Fade2Gray
General

Re: Combat Mission - Black Sea

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 15 May 2015 08:33

Iris wrote:At this point I got really irritated with my tanks. The laser warning message would pop up, they'd pop smoke, and then they'd back up and turn sideways.

I can't say I've ever had one of my tanks "turn sideways" after popping smoke and reversing.

What was the name of the mission, or was it something from the campaign?
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

D-M

Postby D-M » Fri 15 May 2015 08:35

Better them poping smoke than getting smoked.

Btw, I 'm now at the 3rd mission of the Ruski campaign and omfg this is epic...

Iris
Brigadier

Postby Iris » Fri 15 May 2015 09:35

Fade2Gray wrote:
Iris wrote:At this point I got really irritated with my tanks. The laser warning message would pop up, they'd pop smoke, and then they'd back up and turn sideways.

I can't say I've ever had one of my tanks "turn sideways" after popping smoke and reversing.

It was the "First Clash" mission. I never had it happen before that mission or since I played that mission. What happened was the BMP-3's or the T-90's triggered the laser warning response on all 4 of my Abrams at least once. On 3 of those tanks before they died, they backed up about 5-10 meters after popping the smokes then flipped the vehicle almost 90 degrees to the left each time. So this meant the right side armor of the tank ended up facing the advancing T-90's, and by the time I could reorient them, not to anybody's surprise, they died under the volume of fire. The lone surviving tank of the platoon had the same laser warning happen multiple times as well, but it always did the normal reverse backwards behavior that you're used to.

I don't have the replay or any pictures, but it was pretty unusual. Still love the game. I really enjoy leading Stryker companies, but the Bushmaster will soon convince me otherwise the hard way. :lol:

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 15 May 2015 17:56

Iris wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:

It was the "First Clash" mission. I never had it happen before that mission or since I played that mission. What happened was the BMP-3's or the T-90's triggered the laser warning response on all 4 of my Abrams at least once. On 3 of those tanks before they died, they backed up about 5-10 meters after popping the smokes then flipped the vehicle almost 90 degrees to the left each time. So this meant the right side armor of the tank ended up facing the advancing T-90's, and by the time I could reorient them, not to anybody's surprise, they died under the volume of fire. The lone surviving tank of the platoon had the same laser warning happen multiple times as well, but it always did the normal reverse backwards behavior that you're used to.

I don't have the replay or any pictures, but it was pretty unusual. Still love the game. I really enjoy leading Stryker companies, but the Bushmaster will soon convince me otherwise the hard way. :lol:

Bizarre, I think I've played that mission once before, but mostly been playing multi as of late. Valley of Death is a real tricky one to play for either side, though if you play it right as the Russians, its fun to zerg the USA at point blank range once you are ready. Don't know if you have tried it yet against someone, but you pretty much have to use hamachi for it. My firewall hates hamachi for some reason, but eh, I can work around it.

Playing Ukraine with a mass T-64BVs or with Godhammer Malka strikes is my favorite ways to troll people as of late. My buddy was not happy to find out the hard way once that he parked 2 M1s right on top of a TRP... and then suddenly had 3 heavy batteries open up on it at once, bahahahaha.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Soundwolf776
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Soundwolf776 » Fri 15 May 2015 22:19

Yeah, the weirdass reinforcement system is something the game's always suffered with. Whats worst about it, is its 100% possible to give timed hints that enemy reinforcements are inbound to blah blah blah from the INSERT CARDINAL DIRECTION HERE 5-10 mins in advance.

At least they give pre-mission intel on the enemy. I love how 95% of "tru reolizm" wargames fail to give even that. Flashpoint campaigns for example - deploy your units up front for what seems like a meeting engagement (judging from the position of objectives and their status), and then find out that it's actually an attack from direct contact with the enemy. Restart. Or Modern Campaigns, which doesn't bother themself with anything but 100- words of general scenario description. Restart-restart-restart again.
So much time is usually spent counting mm of M1A1's frontal armor that barely a minute is left to think about game design. :roll:

Return to “Off-Topic”