Combat Mission - Black Sea

BTR
General

Re: Combat Mission - Black Sea

Postby BTR » Thu 1 Jan 2015 23:50

Well, I suppose one could always make scenarios with proper equipment in place without unicorn units and all. As far as I can see, most of actual units are in place, so that should be no trouble.

panzersaurkrautwefer
Major-General

Postby panzersaurkrautwefer » Thu 1 Jan 2015 23:57

Well, I suppose one could always make scenarios with proper equipment in place without unicorn units and all. As far as I can see, most of actual units are in place, so that should be no trouble.

Pretty much this. I did a lot of tank on tank fights with CMSF simply because I didn't have the patience or interest to slowly work my way through some dense urban space trying to kill a Syrian unit four times the size of my blueforce.

That said I'll miss the "cripple fight" red vs red scenerios in which you're usually equally obsolete T-62s and BMP-1s, with equally ready to flee infantry to duke it out. BS looks like fun, just even it's most basic MBTs are fairly modern (at least at a glance)
Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Fri 2 Jan 2015 17:11

BS definitely looks like fun. I'm not too sure why all the demos have always been turn based, I think the game shines when it's pausable real time.

Also - why scorpion over multicam? :?

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Fri 2 Jan 2015 17:16

Because it got the nod? Not like it's really different.

Can't wait to get my hands on it either way. UCP is pretty ugly.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Fri 2 Jan 2015 17:22

Make sure to get a PT belt as well, I heard it's "a must" accessory :P .

panzersaurkrautwefer
Major-General

Postby panzersaurkrautwefer » Fri 2 Jan 2015 18:27

Re: Scorpion

Because the amount of money it would have cost to license multicam was pretty steep, and I suspect it may have been a bit inflated given the sort of "we'd like to buy your camo....well no actually no not going to buy it, hey maybe we'd like to buy your camo!" game the Army played for the last decade or so. Scorpion more or less is multicam changed slightly to avoid copyright issues as far as I can tell, and to make it a propriety pattern.

Re: PT Belts

Started off innocently enough, on the bigger bases in Iraq and Afghanistan there wasn't often street lights (with some exceptions coming later, but most streets were at best lit by the ambient light from various buildings). People wearing various uniforms designed to blend in well in the dark crossing streets, while tactical vehicles that only had headlights in case the NVG batteries ran out or the like* made the rounds led to some problems. So it started off as an innocent "wear your PT belt after dark when you're out wandering around on big bases!" hit the usual Army way of absolutely overkilling whatever safety feature it has just invented, and thus turned into "YOU SHALL ADORN THINE SELF WITH THE BELT OF PT AT ALL TIMES TO INCLUDE WHILE ON LEAVE."

It was somewhat absurd. God help you if you forgot to pack the PT belt in the morning, and then worked a 13-15 hour shift because stuff went sideways, and then had to walk home, because you were going to get stopped by Sergeant Majors, MPs, staff officers who had nothing else to do, and quite possibly santa claus before you finally made it back to your bunk.

*This would change. Late Iraq HMMWVs and MRAPs were pretty much glistening pillars of light by the end of things

For content:

Ya'll see the AAR that they have going on in the BS forums? Looks crazy/there's a Ukrainian 2S6 that's the king of murder mountain at this point.
Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Fri 2 Jan 2015 19:49

panzersaurkrautwefer wrote:For content:

Ya'll see the AAR that they have going on in the BS forums? Looks crazy/there's a Ukrainian 2S6 that's the king of murder mountain at this point.

I don't generally go there - care to point me to what's that AAR about?

SKLKNKR
Brigadier

Postby SKLKNKR » Fri 2 Jan 2015 20:00

I can't tell if this just looks fun or if I would actually enjoy it... :|
Spoiler : :
ImageImageImageImage

Thanks to F-22 for the avatar and Iris for the signature

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Fri 2 Jan 2015 20:02

It's hard work above a platoon + supporting element, that's for sure. :lol:

SKLKNKR
Brigadier

Postby SKLKNKR » Fri 2 Jan 2015 20:05

BTR wrote:It's hard work above a platoon + supporting element, that's for sure. :lol:

I actually own some of the WWII games (never played them), so I'll try them to see if I like it.
Spoiler : :
ImageImageImageImage

Thanks to F-22 for the avatar and Iris for the signature

Return to “Off-Topic”