KKK and Veterans: VICE Reports

Countess Bathory
Colonel

Re: KKK and Veterans: VICE Reports

Postby Countess Bathory » Sat 3 Jan 2015 20:22

RedDevilCG wrote: :(

Please stop putting words in my mouth you obsessive, dishonest cretin. It's really getting on my nerves.

I have never said "it's perfectly safe to be gay in Russia". What I said is that your ridiculous statement of "Beating up gays is practically the national sport in Russia" is completely overblown and ridiculous.

Do it again and I'll report your post, simple as that.

And yes, before somebody asks, my jimmies are indeed rustled.

We have a zero tolerance stance on misquotes but we need to be informed so don't wait or give a chance/warning...just report the misrepresentation and we'll deal with it. Thanks.
Accept Roki Vulovic as your Lord and Saviour today and beware of the false prophet, Jesus Christ

panzersaurkrautwefer
Major-General

Postby panzersaurkrautwefer » Sat 3 Jan 2015 20:28

"Beating up gays is practically the national sport in Russia"

It's much closer to a national hobby, it's not like they're keeping score or competing, which would make it more sportlike.
Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sun 4 Jan 2015 00:05

Was a cross-burning up the road from my old house when I was <5 years old. Everyone in town brought their kids inside to get away, and the police came out and made arrests.

They arent a big thing anymore really, compared to what they once were. They're still iconic and recognizable, which is unfortunate. But they arent nearly as much of a menace as they once were. I'm having trouble finding a way to describe their presence at their zenith, but it was alot like a paramilitary group with alot of sympathizers in the community etc.

Part of the weirdness of the KKK is any dude under that mask could be your neighbor, or former-classmate etc.

Only good thing about them is their hilarious ranking names. And the best way to prevent groups like the KKK from taking hold is youth education IMO. Its the best time to teach a child "Hey, skin color doesnt matter son." rather than way down the road when its become almost habitual.

themediocrity
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby themediocrity » Fri 9 Jan 2015 21:33

Well there was a bombing here a couple days ago. No injures and fairly light damage but there are at least a few of these guys around who still think it's 1961. Generally speaking it's not something I worry about. I just avoid the more 3rd world regions of this country where these people congregate (there's no reason to visit them anyway).

Interestingly though, aside from the bombing this week, far-right/white supremacist terrorism tends to be fairly colorblind in its victims (look at OKC or the massacre at the Gabby Giffords rally).

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Fri 9 Jan 2015 23:02

themediocrity wrote:Well there was a bombing here a couple days ago. No injures and fairly light damage but there are at least a few of these guys around who still think it's 1961. Generally speaking it's not something I worry about. I just avoid the more 3rd world regions of this country where these people congregate (there's no reason to visit them anyway).

Interestingly though, aside from the bombing this week, far-right/white supremacist terrorism tends to be fairly colorblind in its victims (look at OKC or the massacre at the Gabby Giffords rally).

Well, technically speaking most terrorists deal with what they perceive as 'traitors' rather than their ideological enemies. Islamic terrorists have killed way more Muslims than Westerners, and it hasn't only been because it is harder to get to the West.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Return to “Off-Topic”