Attack in Paris

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Attack in Paris

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Wed 7 Jan 2015 14:04

Satirical weekly newspaper "Charlie Hebdo" was stormed this morning, in Paris, by a commando of 2-3 men with AK automatic rifles (and alledgely, a RPG).
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/charlie-hebdo-shooting-11-dead-after-gunmen-storm-satirical-magazine-s-hq-1.2892151

First reports announced 11 deads, and many wounded. Among them are two cops which were on guard duty in front of the building, since the newspaper had already been the victim of a criminal fire a few years ago, after publishing the Muhammad cartoons in 2005.

The perpetrators are on the run in the North of Paris.
Such attack, unseen in France, has been labelled a terrorist attack, and anti-terrorist alert level rised to its maximum.

Mitchverr

Re: Attack in Paris

Postby Mitchverr » Wed 7 Jan 2015 14:09

Yeah i just heard about this, thoughts go to the families of those murdered.

Is there any idea who attacked them yet? People are making obvious assumptions but thats basically blocking/overwhelming real information. Such as who they are etc.

I can see alot of ****storm coming from this sadly because of these 2 cowards.

GBNATO
General

Postby GBNATO » Wed 7 Jan 2015 14:10

Bastards.

France did not deserve this, I hope the criminals are caught swiftly.

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Postby Lord Helmchen » Wed 7 Jan 2015 14:15

...and sometimes you ask yourself why the French don't use the scaffold any more.

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Wed 7 Jan 2015 14:16

Had just read it in the news :(

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Wed 7 Jan 2015 14:16

Charlie Hebdo has many enemies, they are always "crossing the line" when being satirical.

But the first suspects that comes to mind where Charlie is involved are islamists.
Since 2005, Charlie had suffered a criminal fire and received many threats because they had published the Muhammad cartoons. Every time, Charlie had replied by making them always more angry with more disrespectful cartoons.

This is the worst terrorist attack in France for the last 50 years. You have to go back to the OAS terror campaign during the Algerian War to find as many casualties ...

GBNATO
General

Postby GBNATO » Wed 7 Jan 2015 14:18

The Islamic community has a storm coming it's way, I can't say I am empathetic.

Still, the building was a known target for extremists and as MM said has been firebombed and destroyed once before. Sadly the first responders were 4 police on bicycles, no match for AK-47s and explosives :(
Last edited by GBNATO on Wed 7 Jan 2015 14:19, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Postby Lord Helmchen » Wed 7 Jan 2015 14:19

Muslim terrorists from Paris' banlieus? There was a good documentary a couple of months ago about the structures of gangs in the banlieus and about their weaponry...including AKs and RPGs.

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Wed 7 Jan 2015 14:21

[EUG]MadMat wrote:Charlie Hebdo has many enemies, they are always "crossing the line" when being satirical.

But the first suspects that comes to mind where Charlie is involved are islamists.
Since 2005, Charlie had suffered a criminal fire and received many threats because they had published the Muhammad cartoons. Every time, Charlie had replied by making them always more angry with more disrespectful cartoons.

This is the worst terrorist attack in France for the last 50 years. You have to go back to the OAS terror campaign during the Algerian War to find as many casualties ...

To describe my oppinion about religions would take some pages ... but i ask myself "Do we really need satirical cartoons/articles about themes which are actually "cooked up" in the world?" :roll:

[EUG]MadMat

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Wed 7 Jan 2015 14:21

A video just got published, from some of the journalists which had taken refuge on the roofs during the attack.

By their cry of "Allah Ackbar", it seems pretty clear where the attack came from ...
http://www.francetvinfo.fr/faits-divers/attaque-au-siege-de-charlie-hebdo/video-des-images-de-l-attaque-au-siege-de-charlie-hebdo_790543.html

Return to “Off-Topic”