Sports!

OpusTheFowl
General

Re: Sports!

Postby OpusTheFowl » Mon 19 Jan 2015 04:23

StalkerDellaNote wrote:And before anyone tries to put down oval racing, do your dang homework and learn how technical oval racing truly is..

NASCAR is not technical...sorry but that's just the way it is. Is it exciting? Sure, especially the last 20-25 laps some times...

FireTart
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby FireTart » Mon 19 Jan 2015 08:17

I think literally the only use I've ever had to this forum was talking hockey during the Olympics. One cannot name a better sport than ice-puck-blade-skating. Though, I'm not biased at all, having played goalie with U.S. Junior team aspirations before getting hurt.

Nope, not biased one bit.

Spoiler : :
Lets go caps!

OpusTheFowl
General

Postby OpusTheFowl » Mon 19 Jan 2015 08:20

FireTart wrote:...talking hockey...

Who's you money on to be in the final?

I'm going with PITvNAS as I just don't think CHI or LAK really want it this year...

[DAY]Topspin2005
General

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Mon 19 Jan 2015 08:49

I played about 25 years table tennis and stopped with it 3 years ago (want to have more time for my kids at the weekend).

I watch a lot of sports. So mostly i like soccer and boxing. But i also watch winter- and summer sports as well^^

FireTart
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby FireTart » Mon 19 Jan 2015 09:10

OpusTheFowl wrote:
FireTart wrote:...talking hockey...

Who's you money on to be in the final?

I'm going with PITvNAS as I just don't think CHI or LAK really want it this year...

Pit is nowhere near as good as they like to boast, their goaltending is still all over the goddamn place and they're getting shown up by their competitors in their division (The Capitals 3-0, The Islanders 6-3, The Rangers 5-2) and they've dropped a double digit lead they had point standings over everyone but the Islanders. Speaking of, I could see the Islanders playing the ducks in the final. As much as I like the Predators, there's little experience to be had in the offseason there and as fast and fun as they are (Caps made a 3 goal come back baby, though goddamn Niskanen choked it up) I don't think they'll last to the final. But then, Bruce Boudreau and playoffs, HAH.

I'd love to see the Capitals make the finals and they definitely have the talent and drive right now, easily pulled in the best December in the league but I'll never let myself get my hopes up.

Lightning are pretty great in the East.

Aubustou
Lieutenant

Postby Aubustou » Mon 19 Jan 2015 12:34

Because NASCAR is greatest motorsport ever, dare you say F-1

No, rally is. Because:
NINE TIMES WORLD CHAMPION, TAKE THAT WORLD! We don't need our own sports to be on top :P
Image Gloire à la Nation!

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Mon 19 Jan 2015 12:44

OpusTheFowl wrote:NASCAR is not technical...sorry but that's just the way it is. Is it exciting? Sure, especially the last 20-25 laps some times...

It is, it just is in a different way than say F1. Eitherway, NASCAR got boring after Dale Earnhardt died, like nearly every other sport, it's only really enjoyable if you go watch it in person now.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Hollywood Myth
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Hollywood Myth » Mon 19 Jan 2015 13:01

It's true, baseball was a lot better before they banned steroids.

Mad22
Lieutenant

Postby Mad22 » Mon 19 Jan 2015 16:36

Killertomato wrote:
All motorsports are boring, regardless of the track shape. It's hours of the same monotonous images until someone wrecks. The only good thing to come from racing is racing games, which are fun.

I like rallies.

Anything on a track sucks.

Rally fans and cameramen have balls of steel. That guy in the image above a good example.
HOT SHOTS IS MORE REALISTIC THAN TOP GUN. whats that about?

GBNATO
General

Postby GBNATO » Mon 19 Jan 2015 16:48

R.I.P :cry:

Return to “Off-Topic”