If Wargame mods where like ArmA's

StalkerDellaNote
Lieutenant

If Wargame mods where like ArmA's

Postby StalkerDellaNote » Sun 25 Jan 2015 20:53

This isn't a thread asking for/suggesting mod tools.. but rather I'd like to ask what you would do if you could add maps, units, nations, era, etc.. like you can in ArmA

and let's say mods where workshop, you subscribe and bam! Moments later mod installed..or workshop acts as a trial period.. beta if you will for mods through workshop and if they're good.. eugen patches mod in.. and that way no one could argue "nothing cause you'd never be able to play a game, community divided"

Me personally I'd like to see a buff W.Germany and US to capability and an attempt to flesh out USN.. and I'd spend my spare time adding Italy to the game.. oh glorious Italy.. Wargame needs you
"Re: Winter maps?" wrote:Maybe if they ever set Wargame in Scandinavia.

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Re: If Wargame mods where like ArmA's

Postby Lord Helmchen » Sun 25 Jan 2015 20:55

StalkerDellaNote wrote:This isn't a thread asking for/suggesting mod tools.. but rather I'd like to ask what you would do if you could add maps, units, nations, era, etc.. like you can in ArmA

and let's say mods where workshop, you subscribe and bam! Moments later mod installed..or workshop acts as a trial period.. beta if you will for mods through workshop and if they're good.. eugen patches mod in.. and that way no one could argue "nothing cause you'd never be able to play a game, community divided"

Me personally I'd like to see a buff W.Germany and US to capability and an attempt to flesh out USN.. and I'd spend my spare time adding Italy to the game.. oh glorious Italy.. Wargame needs you

You'd definitely see a modern day mod and WW2 mod. :lol:
Would be glorious. :cry:

Hollywood Myth
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Hollywood Myth » Sun 25 Jan 2015 21:38

Just a scripting engine similar to SQF and a mission editor would be glorious.

Dimonay
Lieutenant

Postby Dimonay » Sun 25 Jan 2015 21:52

MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS!!!!!

I would even sit down and learn how to mod just so I could add some nice maps.
I may be in a minority but I like to play 1vs1 and out of the five (non naval) 1vs1 maps there is only one that is good!
One freaking map! That is nothing! Add to that most 1vs1 games are ranked so I can not even chose which map to play on!

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Sun 25 Jan 2015 21:59

Dimonay wrote:MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS MAPS!!!!!

The only Map I really wish Wargames had was Chernarus :lol:
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

D-M

Postby D-M » Sun 25 Jan 2015 22:17

If we could heavily modify existing scripts /add new scripts, I have always wanted to make a mod where chain of command was important and the platoon being the actual base unit.

The game mode 'd be something like EE's conquest with RD's conquest cosntant income so commanding units 'd totally change their role.

There 'd be 2 kind of units each buyable with 2 different ressources : "regular" who need to be attached to a commanding unit whithin a certain range for a moral boost and beeing able to receive reinforcement and logistic (that would no longer be under the player's control) and "independants" (recon, SF, choppers, transports, heavy AA, artyllery...) who don' t need a commander and don't suffer any penalty for no having one.
You 'd buy units by company like a tank "compagny" : 3 tank platoon + 1 AA platoon + 1 tank commander, the idea is that as long as this commander is alive, you can request reinforcements for one of its platoon as long as the reserve for this platoon can afford it, reserve that 'd be of varying size, from "a lot" for regular/more or less old equipement to zero for prototypes/most recent toys.

The two ressources correspond to to both units units, with "Independant points", you buy independants units and can spend some to call logistic on them, call planes and "Regular points" to buys new companies or reinforce/refill existing ones. The idea is to make the pricing/ressource "gathering" so that you can only have a few compagnies at a time (since a lot of them can cost a helfty sum to maintain afloat) and being forced to make some crucial choice with independant units : do I want a lot of recon ? SF to hunt down ennemy commanders/recon/AA/logistic line (remember, you can't control logistic -and maybe reinforcement-) ? AA to survive planes/chopper ? Choppers to support the regulars ? Or a bit of everything ?

A game 'd begin with each player having 0 regular points and a few independant points, enough to be able to call recon as they 'd serve as the only units for the first minutes of the game (hence making combat recon valuable) the time it take before being able to call in the first regular units.
Of course it means a lot of price tweaking and rebalancing to do and the whole idea is still pretty rough and is not realistic but I think it could be very enjoyable.

Otherwhise, a Front Mission mod even if it means making Australia OP (or maybe exactly because of this, :>).

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Sun 25 Jan 2015 22:36

Oh I know what I'd do! Make some Crimea maps (and port Vasterbotten from ALB), add new models, rework the GUI for having more than 3 weapons, add new mechanics like multi-targeting and maybe add enough ships for proper national naval balancing. And, last but not least, make a campaign.
Alpha release. Click signature for more

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Sun 25 Jan 2015 23:23

We would have every military force that existed between 1950 and 2015.

FRELIMO vs. Bolivian army? No problem.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Aubustou
Lieutenant

Postby Aubustou » Mon 26 Jan 2015 00:19

Killertomato wrote:We would have every military force that existed between 1950 and 2015.

FRELIMO vs. Bolivian army? No problem.

Steel Panthers style!
Image Gloire à la Nation!

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Mon 26 Jan 2015 01:36

I'd lose count of the mods that have like a single 0,01 release, promise to include the rest of the features (new units/models/skins/sounds/campaign/missions) in a later release, but then suddenly cease all work after a week.

Return to “Off-Topic”