Awaiting arrival of new MBTs

User avatar
Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12151
Joined: Thu 20 Feb 2014 01:09
Location: Virginia, United States of America
Contact:

Re: Awaiting arrival of new MBTs

Postby Mike » Mon 24 Jul 2017 15:38

Fade2Gray wrote:

I'd smash.


Raw dog or?
Image
Courtesy of KattiValk


User avatar
Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 13630
Joined: Mon 9 Jul 2012 02:46
Contact:

Re: Awaiting arrival of new MBTs

Postby Killertomato » Tue 1 Aug 2017 15:18

Seemed so obvious to me, I suspect the only reason it wasn't planned in the first place was Israeli institutional distaste for IFVs.

Namer is so large and heavy already that adding the turret doesn't stop it from going anywhere it couldn't go already, and an unmanned turret with no basket doesn't require much rearrangement of the vehicle's interior.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

User avatar
J0h1F
Specialist
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu 24 Nov 2016 01:49
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Awaiting arrival of new MBTs

Postby J0h1F » Thu 14 Sep 2017 22:54

BTR wrote:
another505 wrote:whats in the 2016 T72b3?


It is a lot like T-72B3M that we saw back in 2014. Chassis BIOS, V-92S2F engine (automatic transmission + steering wheel (1130hp)), dual channel panoramic for the commander in addition to what is on the T-72B3 already has. I am not sure if this contract cross-references to an earlier contract of 32 vehicles that will receive Relikt package, but if so, expect a new ERA array as well.

Just to correct to that (yeah, I realise that the post was old, but it was never corrected), the T-72B3 Obr. 2016 seems to lack the panoramic sight of the T-72B3 Obr. 2014/T-72B3M.
Vitaly Kuzmin has some damn good pictures of the different Russian tanks, here's a T-72B3 Obr. 2016 with the extra side armor:
http://www.vitalykuzmin.net/Military/T- ... alkaround/
There's a clear lack of the commander panoramic sight seen on the T-72B3M (the box next to the commander hatch):
http://www.vitalykuzmin.net/Military/AR ... -biathlon/

User avatar
another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 12960
Joined: Sun 21 Jul 2013 05:18
Location: Hiatus
Contact:

Re: Awaiting arrival of new MBTs

Postby another505 » Fri 15 Sep 2017 03:15

J0h1F wrote:
BTR wrote:
another505 wrote:whats in the 2016 T72b3?


It is a lot like T-72B3M that we saw back in 2014. Chassis BIOS, V-92S2F engine (automatic transmission + steering wheel (1130hp)), dual channel panoramic for the commander in addition to what is on the T-72B3 already has. I am not sure if this contract cross-references to an earlier contract of 32 vehicles that will receive Relikt package, but if so, expect a new ERA array as well.

Just to correct to that (yeah, I realise that the post was old, but it was never corrected), the T-72B3 Obr. 2016 seems to lack the panoramic sight of the T-72B3 Obr. 2014/T-72B3M.
Vitaly Kuzmin has some damn good pictures of the different Russian tanks, here's a T-72B3 Obr. 2016 with the extra side armor:
http://www.vitalykuzmin.net/Military/T- ... alkaround/
There's a clear lack of the commander panoramic sight seen on the T-72B3M (the box next to the commander hatch):
http://www.vitalykuzmin.net/Military/AR ... -biathlon/

why? make it cheaper?
b3m has better engine though... so one has better engine and one better sight?

also why are they upgrading t80bv? instead t80u?
is it because BV is lighter for arctic operation?
Image
Of Salt

User avatar
Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 13630
Joined: Mon 9 Jul 2012 02:46
Contact:

Re: Awaiting arrival of new MBTs

Postby Killertomato » Wed 11 Oct 2017 00:48

M1A2/Trophy is finally in the public eye. Looks like they just stuck modules on the turret sides.





Radars, sensors, Stinger pod... and an Apache's 30mm low-velocity cannon(???).

Bonus round! SHORAD is popular again! I give you... Stryker SHORAD!

Image

An Apache's twin Stinger launcher on a CROWS. Not half bad as far as a cheap and simple idea goes.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

User avatar
Fade2Gray
General
Posts: 8364
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 23:30
Location: IED proof in Iraq
Contact:

Re: Awaiting arrival of new MBTs

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 11 Oct 2017 00:55

Killertomato wrote:SHORAD/Bradley goodness

Literally me right now:
Image
Hopefully they make an actual SPAAG of some sort soon, but I'm pleased never-the-less.

Also, the new Linebacker is... well that is going to be one helluva profile that will stick out like a sore thumb. One of the best things about Linebackers was that they blend in with other Brads pretty well, and thus can roll right with them and M1s when needed. This thing? Well...

cool I guess.
Image
Image
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

User avatar
D-M
Posts: 8710
Joined: Sat 23 Jul 2011 11:10
Contact:

Re: Awaiting arrival of new MBTs

Postby D-M » Wed 11 Oct 2017 20:14

With the proliferation of tactical UAV, I don't see how SCBT will function without some kind of organic SPAAG/SAM in the future, it's nice to have sensors but if your best shit is just a bunch of manpad stacked in a humvee...
Image

User avatar
Fade2Gray
General
Posts: 8364
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 23:30
Location: IED proof in Iraq
Contact:

Re: Awaiting arrival of new MBTs

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 11 Oct 2017 21:48

D-M wrote:With the proliferation of tactical UAV, I don't see how SCBT will function without some kind of organic SPAAG/SAM in the future, it's nice to have sensors but if your best shit is just a bunch of manpad stacked in a humvee...

Make Avengers Great Again.
Image
Image
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest