India inks a deal for supply of 24 Rafale aircrafts

Bullfrog
General

Re: India inks a deal for supply of 24 Rafale aircrafts

Postby Bullfrog » Thu 16 Apr 2015 02:58

Killertomato wrote:Clinton has the democratic nomination sewn up already.

She had it sewn up in 08 as well.
That irritates me, though presidential dynasties have a long history

It irritates me that we're a country with 320 million civilians in the small world of instant communication and people are playing with voting in another family member of a previous president.

I don't care if it's happened in the past, I don't think it's a good thing, and I wont vote for it.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

GBNATO
General

Postby GBNATO » Thu 16 Apr 2015 10:28

Give me your thoughts Dassault Sales Representatives French people, is this 'military expert' a propagandist?

Aubustou
Lieutenant

Postby Aubustou » Thu 16 Apr 2015 12:11

GBNATO wrote:

Give me your thoughts Dassault Sales Representatives French people, is this 'military expert' a propagandist?

Well, it's an "independant military expert" from the Russian Army. He was already quoted in that sputnik article.
Image Gloire à la Nation!

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Thu 16 Apr 2015 12:42

Bullfrog wrote:
She had it sewn up in 08 as well.

Where's this year's Obama? Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders would be McGovern all over again. Lincoln Chaffee and Martin O'Malley would've said something by now if they were going to run.

I don't like that there isn't anyone up against her, but at this point all the prospective candidates appear to be more interested in staying out of her way than running.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

BeyondNight
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby BeyondNight » Thu 16 Apr 2015 13:38

Killertomato wrote:
It strikes me as a sign of the need for some sort of reform in the voting or election process.

But what kind of reform?

I know im kinda butting in on this but.

Honestly from my perspective up here and with what limited looking ive done into American politics, Remove money from the election process as much as possible, then things will start changing for the better in the American guv.

it seems to always boil down to the money when stupid things happen.
Spoiler : :

nWODT_Niack
Captain

Postby nWODT_Niack » Thu 16 Apr 2015 13:47

Soooo, we might be in the need of a thread split. Seeing last the last 4 pages have been nothing except the upcoming US election talks.
Croche et Tient

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 16 Apr 2015 13:53

GBNATO wrote:
Spoiler : :

Well, the main thing is is that does India want a multi-role, or does it want a strike fighter?

Because if India wants a jet fighter to do everything, and not just soley air defense, that argument is torn apart pretty easily...

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Thu 16 Apr 2015 14:01

I've seen Indian flankers at waddinton (a lot of years ago) the jet put on a performance take of with an il78 it was impressive but sadly they didn't perform a display.

I have to say though I would go with a Rafale over the su35 the Russians can be a tad unpredictable

Gronank
Colonel

Postby Gronank » Thu 16 Apr 2015 15:23

Fade2Gray wrote:with feelings about voting being such as they are, maybe not all that much. It strikes me as a sign of the need for some sort of reform in the voting or election process.

You could do a lot by simply forcing states to distribute their elector votes according to popular vote. It doesn't make the election proportional, voters in populous states would still be weaker than those in more sparse states, but it would be more fair. For one, it would make spending money on elections far less effective as it would completely destroy the importance of the swing state concept.

Say X million dollars buys you 1% of the vote. If you're going with proportional distribution, then every electoral vote has to be bought individually. With the current system you only need to pay enough to push you above 50% get all the electoral votes.

If you're sitting at 45% of the vote in Florida, then those are very cheap votes to buy. You pay 5X dollars for 27 votes, about X/5 per vote. With the proportional system, you always need 100/27~4% of the popular vote per electoral vote which would cost 4X. That change, right there, would literally make buying an election 20 times more expensive.

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Thu 16 Apr 2015 15:47

Killertomato wrote:Where's this year's Obama?

Obama was a no body until primaries started.

I don't like that there isn't anyone up against her, but at this point all the prospective candidates appear to be more interested in staying out of her way than running.

There are people up against her right now, they just might not have a D beside their name but they are there. I'm not loyal to one party or the other to vote for her or bush just because they're the only "democrat" or what ever. I draw the line with this royal family BS, the US should be not be represented by two elite families revolving around each other.
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Return to “Off-Topic”