India inks a deal for supply of 24 Rafale aircrafts

Pr.shadocko
First Sergeant

Re: India inks a deal for supply of 24 Rafale aircrafts

Postby Pr.shadocko » Fri 17 Apr 2015 18:05

Kraxis wrote:And no vote = voting, is right in the sense that you go there, do your blank vote and go home. If every disenfranchised voter did that, rather than sit on their behind it would shock the political establishment in most countries, USA probably a bit more than most. If you vote blank you are making a statement, if you don't vote at all, you are simply not partaking and says nothing at all.
Yes, I have voted blank once.

And this should probably be split now.

I can't tell for other countries, but in France, blank vote aren't counted (they go with the irregular one) so not voting at all is the sole "i dont want those guys" choice.
(c) Darkmil

delfo
Major-General

Postby delfo » Fri 17 Apr 2015 18:10

Pr.shadocko wrote:
Kraxis wrote:And no vote = voting, is right in the sense that you go there, do your blank vote and go home. If every disenfranchised voter did that, rather than sit on their behind it would shock the political establishment in most countries, USA probably a bit more than most. If you vote blank you are making a statement, if you don't vote at all, you are simply not partaking and says nothing at all.

I can't tell for other countries, but in France, blank vote aren't counted (they go with the irregular one) so not voting at all is the sole "i dont want those guys" choice.

Same in Bulgaria, though most people haven't read the election laws. A blank ballot is not counted. It is considered an error and is discarded. Though people believe that if they cast a blank ballot it is counted but not for any party so less parties in their mind can pass the 4% barrier for parliament. However that is only in their imagination. In reality it is as if they didn't go to vote from the law's perspective.

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Fri 17 Apr 2015 19:09

Pr.shadocko wrote:

Well, that sucks. At least here in Denmark it is tallied up as a separate number. Of course the final allotment is given per the percentage of the given votes. But blanks are counted and published, with a separate ranking for those that are actually invalid due to errors (bad ticking, multiple voting whatever else).
Admittedly they are not normally listed in the normal blocs like Party X, Party Y and so on, because in the end they don't specifically impact the outcome.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Fri 17 Apr 2015 19:27

Pr.shadocko wrote:

I believe in the US there is a write in choice so Mickey Mouse ends up getting a some votes every year :lol:
Courtesy of KattiValk

another505

Postby another505 » Sat 18 Apr 2015 16:03

So back to topic

what is india doing with its planes?
Of Salt

D-M

Postby D-M » Sat 18 Apr 2015 17:07

Err... defending itself maybe ?

another505

Postby another505 » Sat 18 Apr 2015 17:25

D-M wrote:Err... defending itself maybe ?

well what i meant is, are they still buying the rafale
Of Salt

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Sat 18 Apr 2015 17:58

Mike wrote:Why do we need the electoral college anyways? Just whoever gets the most votes wins.

Because you can get a majority to ignorantly accept anything, if we go by history... it's typically for the worst.

There's a reason why democracies are are few and far between, if even exist now a days :lol:
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

D-M

Postby D-M » Sat 18 Apr 2015 18:02

another505 wrote:
D-M wrote:Err... defending itself maybe ?

well what i meant is, are they still buying the rafale

Yes. 36.

nWODT_Niack
Captain

Postby nWODT_Niack » Sun 19 Apr 2015 10:51

GBNATO wrote:I assumed he just meant data sharing and networking, but that is by no means unique to the Su-30 so who knows :? Although judging by the size of the bloody thing I wouldn't be surprised if there was a command bunker complete with general staff inside the nose!

Makes the Squall look like a damn toy by comparison.

FYI, size difference and all, the Rafale lifts 9 tons payload, versus 8 for the Su-35 (couldn't find numbers for the Su-30MKI) ; and 14/13 pylons versus 12. The Su has the Rafale beat on range however, with its 4500 km on ferry range versus 3800 for the Rafale.

So most of the size must be fuel tanks.
Croche et Tient

Return to “Off-Topic”