World of Warships

Kraxis
Major-General

Re: World of Warships

Postby Kraxis » Sun 10 May 2015 00:52

Ishizuchi Premium Tier IV battleship. Gameplay after a while.
As expected it is pretty much a kitted out Myogi. Same guns prior to the later upgrades, two more turrets and a number of other advantages. It isn't as fast, but it turns faster, similar to the Kongo I would say. Shorter range though.
Arguably a better ship from the looks of it.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Sun 10 May 2015 01:06

The Tier IX BB looks interesting from that, 3 front guns like the nelson, cant find anything about it on google though.

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Sun 10 May 2015 02:13

It is Yuzuru Hiraga's A140 design.

Hiraga was an important battleship designer, and eventually a lot of his stuff was incorporated into the Yamato class.

Just as a cool thing, someone made a fake picture of it.

It should be noted that the Japanese had their own H44, in the form of the A150, often called the Super Yamato (despite being nothing like the Yamato).

While we are on the subject of odd designs, I think they should have gone down a different path. The Number 13-class would probably have been better. If not against the Izumo, then the Amagi. The Amagi could be a BC in a parallel path or share a tier with the Number 13.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Sun 10 May 2015 06:50

What an interesting funnel.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Postby Admiral Piett » Sun 10 May 2015 08:15

Here is a great collection of digitally recoloured photographs. Mostly ships, with some tanks and planes mixed in. The quality is top notch. Don't let the Japanese scare you. If you are looking for a specific ship or class you can just type it in the search bar.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/irootoko_jr/

Also, Wargaming doing information videos on ships now. Starting with Mikasa, the flagship of Combined Fleet during the Russo-Japanese War.

Spoiler : :

Chawp
Sergeant Major

Postby Chawp » Mon 11 May 2015 13:57

Finally got the Grand Hotel.
Spoiler : :

Don't remind me about the impending wipe and let me savor the moment

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Mon 11 May 2015 15:16

It's not that impending. We still need to go through 0.3.1. So you have at least a month.

Chawp
Sergeant Major

Postby Chawp » Mon 11 May 2015 15:40

Kraxis wrote:It's not that impending. We still need to go through 0.3.1. So you have at least a month.

Yeah I know. I guess its more the dread of grinding it up again with the decreased XP gain + around 100k exp for the Izumo.

Chawp
Sergeant Major

Postby Chawp » Mon 11 May 2015 16:03

Information from the Public test. Some stats + Screenies.

http://imgur.com/a/68Bxq#0

Credit to the subreddit.

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Mon 11 May 2015 23:55

Anyone else having trouble with their forums at the moment? They are slow and I can't post (no I'm not banned or something). The box for the post simply refuses to show itself. I can see the actual buttons fine enough. Urgh. And I have had some odd graphics issues the last two days. Simply speaking, it's as if there is anti-aliasing in some places, but not all.

I'll post a screenshot... certainly not to bag or something.
Take note of the big round numbers (5, 8, 0, 3), see how they are edgy.
What's going on there? I have the settings like before. I have done a reinstall and the issue remains. Oh, and this was a pretty damn good game. Surprisingly I didn't get called cheater or anything, despite citadelling at least four of those kills, and killing a DD with one shot (literally one turret fired).

Had just nailed that Murmansk with a citadel, and then the idiot turned back for more.
He could have run to our cap, or at least not turned back into my guns. But he did, and he died as he edged back out from that island.

Return to “Off-Topic”